• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Favorite concealed carry rig?

tricityguy

imported post

Huge wealth of info here!! Thank you all for your responses - keep 'em coming!

Another question, while I'm here: Where do you all go to try on different holsters? Area stores seem to have plenty of guns, but finding a variety of holsters to try out is difficult. I'm hesitant to order some random holster on the Internet without trying it on... :)

k.rollin

imported post

I never tried out any holster before I bought it. I just bought the CrossBreed because it had good reviews, and I knew that if I didn't like it, I could just sell it online, and use the money to buy something else. Repeat as necessary. I just lucked out on my first try. I would search online for reviews on possible models, and ask what other folks use.

Wheelgunner

imported post

I carry my M29 in a Kramer scabbard. My BUG (396) is carried in the same place on the opposite side hip.

I agree that strong side carry is fastest, though a double shoulder horizontal rig is very fast as well.

No worries

jeeper1

imported post

"really pulls on my waistband. Not comfortable to wear for very long."

Sounds like a belt problem to me. A good quality gun belt won't let the holstered gun and holster droop and pull on the waist band. It spreads the weight all around the body. I don't even notice my XD40 in a serpa holster because of the support my Crossbreed belt.