• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doonsbury Comic on Open Carry today

slowfiveoh

imported post

There was nothing "equal" about that strip. Please don't grasp at straws.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, and is just another indicator of a jaded author/cartoonist.

No big deal.

Oh how many AD's have their been at Starbucks with the 1,000's of open carry visits to the establishment?

Oh yeah.....that's right.

None.

trevorthebusdriver

imported post

Starbucks-Gun-Cartoon-LA-Times.jpg

20795_cartoon_main.jpg

20100311124010647_1.jpg

Sonora Rebel

imported post

That's not only badly drawn... it's poorly executed all around. WTF's with the 'junk'? That doofus has never seen an open carrier.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yeah, I actually thought the first one was chuckle-worthy. I was happy to laugh at myself. I even decided it represented progress of a kind.

Then I lost several IQ points once I saw the second one. Seriously, what was Trudeau thinking?

AbNo

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Yeah, I actually thought the first one was chuckle-worthy. I was happy to laugh at myself. I even decided it represented progress of a kind.

Then I lost several IQ points once I saw the second one. Seriously, what was Trudeau thinking?
"They are gonna kick me out of the George Soros fan club! :what:"

That's what he was thinking.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Trudeau's not 'thinking... he'spropagandizing to his elitist metro-dwelling base. Carrying firearms according to state law in Starbucks is nothing 'new' to those who live in such states that actually recognizeRKBA in their Constitutions. He is a native of NYC and resides there. 'Whole different social dynamic regarding firearms. I would doubt that Trudeau has ever observed an actual LAC in Starbucks or anywhere else. Anywhere other than the metro-hive is alien to his thinking.

I posted an encounter here awhile back...:"I've run into a 'Joisy' sounding snowbird here within the past week whoyells at me in a (Target) mall parking lot a few cars over:"What the hell are you doing with that gun???" "I'm calling the police!!!" (IfI was a bad guy his ticket would'a been punched right there...)

So... I continue to load my SUV from the rear hatch... (He's on his cell phone) Then Ihear him tellin' whoever's still in the front seat of his car...: "What kind of a place is this? Peoplewith guns in the streetsalready?"Islammed the hatch down on the Exploder 'n this dude jumped about a foot off the ground. He's still hangin' onto his cell phone... open mouthed.

I never said a word 'cept gave him a grin when Idrove by him.I guess 911 operators get a lot of that this time of year.

This is a Trudeauite... Lord knows what his reaction would'a been had he entered the Starbucks 'bout 6 blocks down the road 'n found an OC'r standing at the counter... or a Wells-Fargo bank. "What kind of a place is this? Peoplewith guns in the streetsalready?" 'Still cracks me up whenever I think of that poor fool with his cell phone stuck in his ear... 'n his mouth wide open.

turbodog

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
The Baltimore Sun does put Doonesbury in the editoral section, I guess the sniveling nanny statist paper got something right for once.
I check out the funny pages to get a laugh not be preached at by that liberal schmuck Trudeau. I wish our paper would put that crappy comic in editorial section too. Better still, axe it entirely.

simmonsjoe

imported post

Firstly to Sonora Rebel: Your experience with the snowbird is quintessential. The point being: If he really considered you a threat, he wouldn't call 911 and talk shit at you. Most anti-gun encounters are like this. It proves that anti-gunners has nothing to do with safety, no matter how much they proclaim it.
ACTION vs WORDS and all that.

Secondly: They are comic strips. They are supposed to be satire and over the top. I will say that last one is partially right, I get better service when I OC. :)

I think the last dunesbury w/ the daughter all mad and the negligent discharge is hilarious because it is so absurd. I don't know if it was meant to be.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

By Garry Trudeau Bias? I don't see any bias? Was there any question where Trudeau was gonna go with this? :cuss:

buster81

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Trudeau's not 'thinking... he'spropagandizing to his elitist metro-dwelling base. Carrying firearms according to state law in Starbucks is nothing 'new' to those who live in such states that actually recognizeRKBA in their Constitutions. He is a native of NYC and resides there. 'Whole different social dynamic regarding firearms. I would doubt that Trudeau has ever observed an actual LAC in Starbucks or anywhere else. Anywhere other than the metro-hive is alien to his thinking.

I posted an encounter here awhile back...:"I've run into a 'Joisy' sounding snowbird here within the past week whoyells at me in a (Target) mall parking lot a few cars over:"What the hell are you doing with that gun???" "I'm calling the police!!!" (IfI was a bad guy his ticket would'a been punched right there...)

So... I continue to load my SUV from the rear hatch... (He's on his cell phone) Then Ihear him tellin' whoever's still in the front seat of his car...: "What kind of a place is this? Peoplewith guns in the streetsalready?"Islammed the hatch down on the Exploder 'n this dude jumped about a foot off the ground. He's still hangin' onto his cell phone... open mouthed.

I never said a word 'cept gave him a grin when Idrove by him.I guess 911 operators get a lot of that this time of year.

This is a Trudeauite... Lord knows what his reaction would'a been had he entered the Starbucks 'bout 6 blocks down the road 'n found an OC'r standing at the counter... or a Wells-Fargo bank. "What kind of a place is this? Peoplewith guns in the streetsalready?" 'Still cracks me up whenever I think of that poor fool with his cell phone stuck in his ear... 'n his mouth wide open.

A family from NJ moved in up the street from me a few months ago. About two weeks after they move in, I'm walking my dog past theirhouse, and as usual, I see the father and we wave and say hello.

I assume it's at that point he notices I'm OC'g because he yells "hey" and comes down the driveway to talk so I turn around. He says "what they hell are you doing?" He's looking around like we are about to conduct a drug deal or something.

Of course, Ilook around as well because I have no idea what he's talking about or what he's looking for. I ask him what he's talking about, and he says "you can't carry a gun around like that. It's illegal." We go around in circles for a bit with the yes it is, no it isn't. It made me chuckle a bit. I had to break it to him that he moved into Virginia, and it is NOT like NJ. I printed off some of the applicable laws about CC, and and explanation of why there is not OC law and put it in his mailbox. I don't see him much anymore.

One thing I do notice about them though, everything is at volume level 11. Is there a reason everyone from that area has to talk so loud and be so obnoxious?

eye95