• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Orange County - Restricted to Unrestricted - ANYONE?

OrangeCountyDave

imported post

Had my restricted for 24 months now and have taken the following NRA courses:

Personal Protection in the home
Personal Protection outside of the home
Refuse to be a victim
Basic Pistol Shooting

NOW....24 months later I want to be an actual instructor. I am going to take the courses for all 4 of those above to be an instructor. Then, I am going to open up my own shop giving night and weekend courses.

I wrote the judge (Berry) the letter as to why I want to get my unrestricted (see above) and carry concealed. As someone who wants to take the trainer classes there is a ton of ROLE PLAY involved and I feel I need to be comfortable carrying all the time to be an effective trainer.

My appt. with the judge is in 2 weeks,

From what his secretary said....he will call me up to his bench ask me a few questions and make his decision.

I am a married guy, no record...criminal or vehicle. Very successful VP of Sales for a big hotel firm. I will wear a suit, have all my paperwork....etc.

The last sentence of the letter said "Your Honor....I truly understand that if granted the unrestricted privilege to carry and further my education in firearms and pass along that knowledge to other responsible firearms owners that I represent all firearms owners in Orange County and the USA."

I really believe that....too.

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO KNOW OR ADVISE YOU CAN OFFER??

What do you think he will ask? What did he/she ask you?

THANKS,

DAVE