• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Filed my Bankruptcy

Pace

imported post

My bankruptcy was filed today, thanks to a 3 year divorce where I spent two years chasing down the woman who stole my credit cards. She went traveling aroudn the world, never came back to the US, when she finally got, pretended that I had been ignoring her for years. The Courts awarded her money from my 401k even though I had it years before meeting her for a very short term marriage (never marry a polish model).

What does this have to do with guns? In Arizona, if you file bankruptcy, you can get a few guns EXEMPT from the bankruptcy and keep them :) Bless you Arizona! :)

Good news is that with this bankruptcy, she gets nothing and I keep my 401k

TheMrMitch

imported post

Been UNMARRIED sinc 1987 and kept all my guns and other stuff. I reckon she knew better than try to grub me because we had been married 1 1/2 months.Cost me $250 total for that one.

My first and I are friendly and we split 50/50 'cause she did pay for half. I kept my Harley and guns AND 401..:dude:That was 1980.

Pace

imported post

My point was that guns are considered "necessary things to own" in bankruptcy in AZ :) kinda cool

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Pace,
Here is a little something I learned as a teenager, and it has saved me from making some awfully foolish mistakesin my life.

No matter how beautiful and wonderful any woman may seem, somebody someplace got sick of being with her. (the actual phrase is a little harsher)

Congrats on being able to keep your guns.
So, was she worth it???
I find the easiaest way to get rid of a woman is to just loan them money, when they default I look at it like "Well, I should be happy it only cost me $1,000.00 to get rid of her."

Pace

imported post

Wow Doug, what a horrible response and personal attack. I'm really sorry you feel this way, and decided to turn this into a huge attack against me. How rude. I have made it clear my intentions, and the owners of OCDO have more than once posted defenses of the work I do, yet you continue to attack me, while strangely enough actually agreeing with most of what I say. Be nice!!!

I shared this, because there are a lot of people in this country, good honest Americans, who have made mistakes and now are seeing their homes taken away from them by banks protected by the Government.

I personally filed bankruptcy because of causes outside my control, and yes, combined with some poor decisions on my part. The parts outside my control is seeing my entire life savings (been working since 16) go down the tubes. The real sticker here, is that despite this, I had a family Court Judge, who ordered that during the divorce trial, that I was not allowed to touch any money, in my bank account, in my savings to pay any bills. He ordered that 1/2 of my paycheck then go to my wife who I lived with a little less than two years, and that if I paid any bills, then I would go to jail. I had always paid my bills on time, had perfect credit until the divorce. On top of that, the divorce settlement made me pay her charges on my credit cards when she stole them and ran up a tab in several weeks after she left.

I'm not asking for sympathy, but instead hope that those who have similar issues, don't feel that bankruptcy is a bad thing. I'm paying back all the debts through a chapter 13, over 3 years but for those people who have to do a Chapter 7, its not bad.

Was she worth it? Despite the issues, I'm actually not bitter. I realize I made the bed, I needed to sleep in it. Plus, I've made significant changes in my life and understand that money is worthless as the paper it's printed on. I've turned to being involved more with my kids (and new baby!) and focusing on helping others and not making money. I think honestly the bankruptcy, the issues surrounding are the best thing that ever happened to be, because when the @#$% hit the fan, I started to realize what was really important.

SemperFiTexan

imported post

I understand where your coming from Pace and wish you thebest in the future. While new I have read a very large volume of old posts; and while I find myself disagreeing with you as often as agreeing with you, I do appreciate your straight talk.

Carnivore

imported post

Congrats on your progress Pace, and I wish for you a speedy recovery, I too took a beating a littlein another life, Had perfect credit up to and after the big "D"and still flawless to this day . My first Blushing Bride, was a bank officer and we were under the same roof for 15 yrs. well it was all too easy for her to fill out credit apps. and personal loan apps, and just slide em right over to the next desk for a coworker/ loan officer to approve. Neither one of us got the gold mine , but we both got the shaft because whats mine is hers, and vise versa, so although my name wasn't on the BS. paperwork she and her coworker pushed, my name and hers was on the checking/savings in the same bank. Live and learn.. Good Luck my friend! Thats Doug Huffman at his finest .

Pace

imported post

Hah! I never understood the issues with Divorce until this one. I'm still dealing with the aftermath -- have a local family judge who has ignored a federal court order and held me in contempt because I didnt show up to a hearing (which was stayed by the federal bankruptcy court). He said in open court "I don't care what the federal court says, this is MY courtroom." Shows that Judges think themselves above the law.

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've had family members that have required bankruptcy protection and I believe that its existence is justified as is its use by those for whom it was intended. Glad your filing went ok.

Apparently there are some on this forum who would reinstate debtors' prisons!

SavageOne

imported post

Pace,

Since you seem to have appointed yourself overseer ofwhich topics should or shouldn't be allowed on this board, I must ask why you 1) startedthis threadin the first place and 2)haven't had it deleted. You were very quick to point on another thread which has since been deleted that this is, as you put it, an OPENCARRY forum. I don't see where this thread has anything to do with open carry and wonder when it and other threads which have nothing to do with open carry will be deleted. Or will the policy of picking and choosing at your discretion continue?