• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

April or May meeting with Justice Richard Sanders

Would you like to come to a meeting with Justice Sanders?

• Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Yes

• Total voters

WheelGunGirl

imported post

Hi All! I am working on Justice Sanders' campaign for re-election. He would love to come and have a meet and greet (and fund raising) for the open carry group and any other gun groups that would like to attend. He would be available to talk about gun issues in Washington State and answer any questions you might have for him. We were hoping for the April meeting, but May would work as well. If you are interested, I can be contacted at 360-551-9221 or at adinaatwood1@gmail.com. :celebrate

Aryk45XD

imported post

See this post for the past info on Justice Sanders wanting to meet up with us. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/38738.html
Welcome to the board! I believe this was brought to our attention back in August of last year. Thank you BrenTen. As you can see, mostly all of us would be honored to meet the Honorable Richard Sanders. I'm sure we'll start bumping the thread when the time comes closer.

heresolong

imported post

I'd like to know why they didn't publish Casad and whether they would be willing to go back and revisit that decision.

amzbrady

imported post

ak56 wrote:
FMCDH wrote:
We should extend that invite to Rob Mckenna. :)
+1

+1 then see why we cant get 9.41.270 defined a little better so as not to be harrassed by LEO who dont know better and so we dont have to worry about a Brady Campaigner who just wants to cause us grief. Make it clear and consise that a holstered weapon in everyday carry is not cause for alarm.

(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.

FMCDH

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
ak56 wrote:
FMCDH wrote:
We should extend that invite to Rob Mckenna. :)
+1

+1 then see why we cant get 9.41.270 defined a little better so as not to be harrassed by LEO who dont know better and so we dont have to worry about a Brady Campaigner who just wants to cause us grief. Make it clear and consise that a holstered weapon in everyday carry is not cause for alarm.

(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.

Give the man a break for the moment, hes got his hands full with the 10th amendment challenge to Obama Care. Not to mention having to put up with Gregoire, and the majority of our left wings in the legislature.

So, I would say, first things first...we need tovote Gregoire out, and get a Governor who has a clue.

WheelGunGirl

imported post

Rob McKenna got back to me about meeting with the group. Even though he has been busy, he wants to take the time out to spend some time with us.

Anybody want to suggest some dates in May or June?

heresolong

imported post

WheelGunGirl wrote:
Rob McKenna got back to me about meeting with the group. Even though he has been busy, he wants to take the time out to spend some time with us.

Anybody want to suggest some dates in May or June?
The sooner we can nail this down the better from a scheduling perspective. I have my own business and my calendar is filling up quickly. If it is going to be on a weekend day I can close my business for the day. If it is going to be during the week I don't know if I'll make it anyway because I am a teacher, but I'll try.

WheelGunGirl

imported post

We are looking at a Saturday in May, and a number of people have expressed having the meeting in Vancouver. Is everyone game for that? It was also suggested that if we combine Justice Sanders and Rob McKenna, it would be a bigger draw and more convenient for families to attend one event.

FMCDH

imported post

WheelGunGirl wrote:
We are looking at a Saturday in May, and a number of people have expressed having the meeting in Vancouver. Is everyone game for that? It was also suggested that if we combine Justice Sanders and Rob McKenna, it would be a bigger draw and more convenient for families to attend one event.
Seattle or Vancouver, I'm willing for either.

amzbrady

imported post

What would be awesome is, if Rob own a firearm, get him to OC to the OC meet. Now that would be a statement that would be loud and clear. Be sure it is in a public place.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Get them to come to the Willow Lake meet.

Hey Deros, you knowDave Reichert, get him to come too.

FMCDH

imported post

The worst he could say is no.

But I am sure, if he was so inclined, he would do it without us prompting in the first place.

Maybe he is a CC guy (shrugs) :)

slugsgomoo

imported post

Might be worth inviting some of the other state senators & representatives that support our rights as well.

I wrote my senator (Tim Sheldon (D)) back when the proposed WA:AWB was on the table and got a very nice letter back affirming his support for law abiding citizens to have the right to keep and bear arms.

joeroket

imported post

WheelGunGirl wrote:

I would rather keep it out of Vancouver. I think it would be in bad taste and they might both decline because of what is going on their now and it may look like they are both protesting the Vancouver PA.