• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A historic weekend for MOC, Inc!!!

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Last weekend was one of the biggest weekends in MOC's young history.
We had two VERY successful seminars at Gander Mtn back to back. The room was packed with people and they were lined up out the door of the conference room!! People who stood for the first meeting stuck around for the second meeting. To say it was standing room only would be an understatement.

Cabela's was another great success. We unveiled the new MOC ink pens and they were a huge hit! Countless people were educated and we had a ton of positive feedback from the attendees and the employees. Tons of brocheuers were handed out and again nothing but positive feedback.

We finished the interview for the Wall Street Journal at Cabela's and the article should be out around the week of the 2A March.

Thanks to everyone who volunteered their time to help out. I want you to know that I appreciate everything you do. When we look back on this weekend I believe we will view this as one of the moments that helped launch us to the next level.

manicdevery

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
Last weekend was one of the biggest weekends in MOC's young history.
We had two VERY successful seminars at Gander Mtn back to back. The room was packed with people and they were lined up out the door of the conference room!! People who stood for the first meeting stuck around for the second meeting. To say it was standing room only would be an understatement.

Cabela's was another great success. We unveiled the new MOC ink pens and they were a huge hit! Countless people were educated and we had a ton of positive feedback from the attendees and the employees. Tons of brocheuers were handed out and again nothing but positive feedback.

We finished the interview for the Wall Street Journal at Cabela's and the article should be out around the week of the 2A March.

Thanks to everyone who volunteered their time to help out. I want you to know that I appreciate everything you do. When we look back on this weekend I believe we will view this as one of the moments that helped launch us to the next level.
Man i really wanted to go. Love hearing good PR and can't wait to help with things this summer.

Devery

FatboyCykes

imported post

Jon Foster wrote:
So how many people do you thing attended each event/session?

Jon.
Hard to say. The seminar was @ 11AM I showed up @ around 950AM and there were three or four people already in the room, probably some roaming the store waiting. By 1030AM all seats (60?) were full and a line was forming. By 11AM start time, the room held probably 70-75 people, including some in the hallway. Outside in the store, there was at least another 50-60 people loitering and hanging around for the second class we began announcing at about 1030. Some had to leave, but most stuck around or came back. Second group was again probably 65-70 people. Between everyone that stayed, some for both seminars, and the many that left, we got their names and emails, probably just under, or around 200.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Well done John and all the board members and coordinators and volunteers. You reached out to hundreds of people that learned about OCthat weekend. And if we get a mention in the WSJ then we will be reaching hundreds of thousands.

Well Done indeed!

lil_freak_66

imported post

i had a great time at cabelas swapping back and forth between the SAM and MOC tablewith everybody,we had some good conversations and really got the word out!