• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yet another walmart encounter.

Preble

High Point, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Well today at the North main Wal-Mart in High Point. I had an Interesting encounter. It started kinda bad, But ended really good.

It was oddly packed for a monday night, I was off the the side a little bit looking at toothpaste a girl tried to squeeze between me and the shelf She scraped her arm on my XDm 40 rear sight. She grabed her arm and saw that it was bleeding a little bit she looked over at what she scraped her arm on, She said " Wow, when i think of a firearm injury this is not what i think of." I giggled a little bit and asked if she was okay.

But any who she asked the normal are you a cop, is it loaded. She was truly interested in open carry, I told her about the web site and some others.

TheFreeman

imported post

My 1911 has target sights on it, and the rear sights stick out a good bit. A friend of mine bumped her elbow into it once and left a pretty good mark on her arm. Those edges are sharper than they look.