• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ongoing Grays Harbor OC report.

amzbrady

imported post

3-22

Started out Open Carry at the Ocean Shores, North Beach Chance Ala Mer beach approach, My wife and I walked the dog on the beach, went over and patted a few horses on the noses. Then we went to pick up my daughter at her elementary school, I stayed in the car so I didnt have to unholster, unload, lock up.

Off to Aberdeen, we went to Bank of America, I OC in the drive thru, (yes I'm lazy) :D. Then to Hometown Feed to get some dog food, Let my daughter pet some chickies, Then to Safeway for Sodi pop, then to HomeDepot to get some plant hangers.

Back to Ocean Shores, OC at Ace hardware to get some trash bags, Back to the beach again, walk the dog one last time, to nice a day not too, then back home to OC in the front yard doing lawn work, yay. No problems anywhere.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

amzbrady wrote:
3-22

Started out Open Carry at the Ocean Shores, North Beach Chance Ala Mer beach approach, My wife and I walked the dog on the beach, went over and patted a few horses on the noses. Then we went to pick up my daughter at her elementary school, I stayed in the car so I didnt have to unholster, unload, lock up.

Off to Aberdeen, we went to Bank of America, I OC in the drive thru, (yes I'm lazy) :D. Then to Hometown Feed to get some dog food, Let my daughter pet some chickies, Then to Safeway for Sodi pop, then to HomeDepot to get some plant hangers.

Back to Ocean Shores, OC at Ace hardware to get some trash bags, Back to the beach again, walk the dog one last time, to nice a day not too, then back home to OC in the front yard doing lawn work, yay. No problems anywhere.

Excellent! Now when I come down to the beach I know it's all good!

BTW, you don't need to unload at the school only unholster and lock up out of view. That is why I have a paddle holster, easy to remove.

amzbrady

imported post

if you have a CPL, you can pick up a student on the school grounds, either CC or OC

Ah, but you cant go in, so I stayed in the car OC and sent the old lady in.

[line]

BTW, you don't need to unload at the school only unholster and lock up out of view.

I know that, but any time I leave my weapon in the vehicle I always take my ammo in my pocket. If someone happens to break in, they only get my gun, no ammo. Habit from living in Graham, and always being in pullyup.

[line]

does the Ocean Shores Ace Hardware have a gun counter?

No gun counter, They do however sell ammo even though the nearest shooting range is 25 miles away. 1 thing I bet we have that you dont... Really high tourist prices.

amzbrady

imported post

3-23

Went to Post Office - Shhhh

Went to Ace again, had to get a mower spark plug.

Went to Anchor Ave Thrift store

Went to Library but CC cause I forgot if ok or not.

Went to Beach and walked dog and wife.

Worked in yard awhile again... All is good in my world....

amzbrady

imported post

3-24

Another good day OC "Lifes A Beach"

Beautiful day to walk the beach, helped dig out a few people stuck inthe sand

Talked to one of the OSPD officers, asked me how I've been, wished me luck on the job search. Asked me how my taurus was holding up? any problems with sand, or rust. Mines stainless. He has a little rust starting on his rear sight. Shame on him.

Went to daughters Teachers conference, empty holster. Teacher asked me if I wanted to offer to be a chaperone on a field trip since I was home full time. I asked her if I could carry. I wont be chaperoning the kids.

Back to ACE "again" another plant hook, and a storm door closer (damn wind).

Went to Kyotos Teriyaki to pick up dinner.

Took Daughter and wife to beach again, let my daughter play with a boomarang we found earlier.

amzbrady

imported post

3-25

Crappy day so we decided to go out to eat and catch a movie

Shilo Inn Resturaunt - Enjoy a nice dinner with my wife and daughter. We had a nice table with an ocean view.

Ocean Shores Cinema - My daughter wanted to see "Diary of a Wimpy Kid", It was actually kinda funny.

Crappy dayturned out to be a good one, Life's a Beach.

amzbrady

imported post

3-29

Open carried on the beach today while towing and while the sun was out. Only 1 person said anything. A guy I was winching out of the sand, asked me if I knew something he didnt. I told him, yea, I have the right to openly carry my handgun. He said he had heard that, but didnt know when and where he could. He told me that he occasionally CC when he thought there might be a reason to. So I gave him a pamphlet and told him he should sign up here at OCDO and read why there is always a reason to do so.He was actually asking about the incedent with the officer in Long beach that was shot while the tow driver was there. I told him that we have been carrying long before that.

Hopefully he'll sign on. Another good day at the beach.

amzbrady

imported post

4-1

Ocean Shores 76 station - filled up

Hoquiam - Doctor appt, new dr.All went well until I got up to leave, my dr said "oh no, you have a gun". I replied, I know. She said "you cant have a gun here". I told her "I didnt know, no one told me". She then said "I think I'm going to faint". Jokingly I asked her if she needs to see a dr"? I then told her "it was legal for me to have a firearm and I wear it for self defense". She was really nervous and left me in a hurry. We'll see how my next visit goes, I may have to find another dr.

Aberdeen Wal-mart - Heard over the loud speaker "All safety personel to electronics" within a minute there was 6 workers walking around me. No one approached me, 1 followed me for a few isle's. I played cat and mouse with him. He was being very stealthful, (not). I walked up an Isle and turnedat the edge out of sight and let him walk into me. I smiled and said, Howdy and excuse me. He gave up after the second time I let him walk into me. No further contact.

Aberdeen Safeway - No nothing.

Aberdeen liquor store - no nothing.

Ocean Shores - Back to 76 station for propane, My steaks were delicious.

Overall very good day at the coast.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

How many times have you OC'd into that doctor's office?

And who's taking bets for that nurse having made up that policy on the spot?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

amzbrady wrote:
4-1

Aberdeen Wal-mart - Heard over the loud speaker "All safety personel to electronics" within a minute there was 6 workers walking around me. No one approached me, 1 followed me for a few isle's. I played cat and mouse with him. He was being very stealthful, (not). I walked up an Isle and turnedat the edge out of sight and let him walk into me. I smiled and said, Howdy and excuse me. He gave up after the second time I let him walk into me. No further contact.
This always confuses me, why would you follow someone with a gun if you are unarmed and concerned that the person in possesion of a gun is there to do harm?

amzbrady

imported post

LOL, My wife asked me the same thing. The guy that ran into me didnt have the walkie talkie either.He did have a really big "Crap I'm busted" look after walking into me.Was like being followed by Inspector Clouso.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Many years ago, while working at a grocery store as the manager on duty I followed a guy stealing cigarettes (cartons). I gave chase outside and caught up with him, he pulled a knife on me, so I let him go. If he had the knife in plain view you can bet you life I would not have given chase!

amzbrady

imported post

4-5

Off to Wally world again, had to take my daughter for an eye exam. Got there early so I went back to electronics to pick up a set of cheap earbuds for my MP3 player. While I was there I decided look at DS games with my little girl, fishing for her birthday. I herd some wal-mart cheering going on so I had to check it out. Evedintly you have to lose any self worth as a new employee by doind a demeaning cheer. I figured while I was there and amongst a manager, and about 7 new employees, I would hover and see what would happen and hopefully help them train the new staff on Open Carry (esp after them calling out the hounds on me last time). I inched my strongarm sidetoward them while casually looking at Wii games, (I wish I had a Wii). No one said anything, no one did anything, in fact I think they have all been brain washed and turned into zombies. After the cheer they all left single file. Very strange I tell ya.

Then to Best Buffet.

Good day. Happy Trails.

amzbrady

imported post

Another good Open Carry day.

Got to meet M1Gunner :D. We open carried at the Shilo for coffee and pop. Good to meet you Gunner. Always nice to put a face with a name.

Hope to meet more of ya's.

Went to the thrift store, then IGA.

All good here.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Guess I'll add to the report. Went from Ocean Shores to Pacific Beach and hit a bunch of the stores and shops in between with no issues.

I was at a store counter when a WW2 Marine Vet (Turns out he was one of Chesty Puller's 1st battalion 7th Marine's) asked me what kind of hardware I had on. I replied it was a 1911. He replied with "they sure are making them nicer than when I had to carry one..." Great guy to talk with, I thanked him for his service and he made his way out the door.