• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry In Gander Mtn Waukesha

barronburke

imported post

I open carried in Gander Mtn had a funny thing happen. I had to check in a rifle I was bringing in to get a quote on and she had me open the case for her and show her it was not loaded. I went to close the case and she says that one to, pointing to my holstered sidearm. I said what do you mean she says that she has to make sure all fire arms are not loaded and asked me to remove it from my holster, I quickly replied no and she looked at me kind of funny. I was starting to explain to her why I said no when another lady turned around and corrected the lady and said no he has the right to carry his fire arm in this store let him go. I think my smile was from ear to ear, I said thank you and she said sorry for asking me to do that and that she just started. I said no problem and went about my business. I took my rifle to the back and gentle men took it to look at it while I was waiting for him to get back I decided to look at the handguns they had. While looking at them I was approached by a gentleman who asked me if I was open carrying. I said yes and he said, “Hell ya great job”. I was in shock, w=he said he had kind of been following open carry stories (The news, paper. And he frequents fletchers to shoot). So I steered him towards the forums and Wisconsincarry.org and gave him a card that Hubert had given me in Sussex at starbucks. He said that he was going to check it out and would probly see me at some outings this summer. He also mentioned that he was not going to open carry till he saw somebody doing it in a store just shopping. He said I was the first he had seen. It was cool being the one that gave him the motivation to take that leap and try it out.

scorpio_vette

imported post

where is the "like" button for this thread. i like that button over on facebook. LOL

yeah i was at gander in waukesha when a guy walked past me, did a double take, spun around on his heels and said: "do you mind if i ask you a question?" so i said sure. he said: "you obviously like guns, do you know any place around here that does duracoating on guns?".

that was pretty much the whole thing. it was also the first time that my wife was around open carrying, so she got to see first hand that nobody was running away with their hands in the air screaming and knocking themselves out cold on overhead shelfs. LOL

protias

imported post

I've been in there a couple of times carrying, once was to look at a safe.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

last time i OC at Gander in Green Bay, I was looking for 55 gallon Blue water drums...they don't sell them....that was 3 months ago. I have no reason to ever go back. Sportsman's warehouse was soo much better.:(