• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Squeak & I carried in Liberal land

DEROS72

imported post

I had a dentist appointment with a surgical dentist Amy Winston (really cute by the way) .They are located on 25th down from Husky stadium.We went into the Starbucks at University Village and I don't think anyone really noticed as we were not trying to draw attention.Got our coffee and sat down.

So went to the dentist to finish a root canal started prior to my surgery .The dental asst. who noticed my sidearm when I was there last spent 10 minutes asking me about gun rights.He ask what he should get to protect his home,about a cpl.he asked about open carry the works.So before they started I gave him a pamphlet and when we were done he asked if I could go shoot with him and teach him a little.

So coming out of the back the girls in the front were all huddled talking and one looked at me and said we wanted to ask you something.Were you on TV a few weeks ago going into Starbucks??? I said yes that was me and one said I knew it! I was in there a couple of days prior to that story and they said they saw me and thought it was the guy that was there because Squeak and I both carried in the office.Gave them a pamphlet.

So we went over to Bartells there and while I was getting a perscription a younger guy was talking to Squeak.He saw we were both vets and said thanks for the service which I thought really cool.But he was talking with Squeak about OC so he will have to fill you in on that but I gave him a pamphlet.I passed out three gunrights Pamphlets today in just that one trip .It was uneventfull for the most part because we weren't trying to be noticed or confrontational.....Keeping very low key I have found brings more positive inquiries than anything else.

sirpuma

imported post

That's cool. I OC to my dentist all the time. Half the time we end up talking gun talk and it's led to me working on his little 380.

I know it's different here in Kitsap County, it's just soooo nice to go about my business and never have to worry about people saying crap. The folks at Dells are cool too. They crack jokes all the time. Like the other day when we went in to get a couple chick the girl there said "They're not ready for slaughter yet". LOL