Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LEO's discussing open carry.

Post imported post

You gotta read this stuff.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=142308

They are watching us too LOL. :what:

If they keep discussing it they will get it right......maybe.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

Dupe.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:

Boy, I took 3 pages of posts before the concealed carry of a loaded magazine was pointed out, and by a LEO from Ohio. Holy crap do any of these guys do any research on the laws they enforce?

Post imported post

One of our knowledgeable OC'ers should go there and have a discussion with them. Someone who can quote a lot of case law for them and explain what this is all about.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:

Pretty interesting reading.
    Some comments were Pro 2A and Pro Oc.

Then there was the D-bag from LA that thought just seeing someone OCing gave him PC to do whatever the hell he wanted. (demand ID, detain, run serial number, background check on OCer, etc.)

Post imported post

I often want to jump in and contribute to those threads but I never know where to start.

Post imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
    I often want to jump in and contribute to those threads but I never know where to start.
    I know what you mean......

Post imported post

that's one hell-of-a ******* contest over there.

i might be reconsidering the sheriff's academy in January.....that thread made me sick!

Post imported post

Try reading some more of the site, if just that made you sick. I never go over there anymore, the attitude on those forums is atrocious.

Post imported post

I've beeb on that forum for a while now, you should read what they said about rod tuason...
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

Someone on that thread mentioned "United States v. Ubilies" and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Maybe it's misspelled. Anyone have a cite?

N/M I found it properly spelled a bit farther down.

Post imported post

I think I should just post the FAQ on there. I updated it with a little quip on the Black Panthers.

http://caopencarry.blogspot.com/2009...carry-faq.html

Post imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
    LOL I was thinking of you when I made that suggestion. Just start a thread...."I am an OC'er and I will take questions."

Post imported post

Brada2 wrote:

i might be reconsidering the sheriff's academy in January.....that thread made me sick!
    Depends on the Sheriffs Dept. you're considering. Most Sheriffs Depts. are a lot better than most Police Depts. And more knowledgable......for the most part.

I've been checking into Maricopa County Sheriffs in AZ after I get out of the Navy. Great Dept.
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

Post imported post

MarlboroLts5150 wrote:
    Brada2 wrote:

Depends on the Sheriffs Dept. you're considering. Most Sheriffs Depts. are a lot better than most Police Depts. And more knowledgable......for the most part.

I've been checking into Maricopa County Sheriffs in AZ after I get out of the Navy. Great Dept.
    Kern County Sheriff.....maybe if i get in could change a few opinions on OCing.

Post imported post

i keep screwing up quotes...sorry

Post imported post

NightOwl wrote:
    Try reading some more of the site, if just that made you sick. I never go over there anymore, the attitude on those forums is atrocious.
    +100

no wonder they cant seem to get the laws right....when they find an OCer after they've thrown insults this way and that (on their site); they just take it out on an innocent law abiding citizen......

unbelievable!

Post imported post

That was on CGN a while back. I registered on that forum but didn't post anything. The LEOs posting from CA just don't get it and probably won't until it's explained to them by a federal judge at their losing lawsuit.

Edit: I just posted this.

"Originally Posted by LA DEP
    For those who are not in CA, he is actually not far off the mark.....

I will try and reiterate what others from this state have already brought up, but has been ignored by several posters from 'open carry' friendly states......

In 'open carry' states, carrying a loaded weapon in plain sight is legal.....

That DOES NOT apply in CA......carrying a handgun (loaded or unloaded) is, on its face, ILLEGAL in CA except under certain specified circs.....

Carrying a concealed handgun (loaded or unloaded) is almost ALWAYS illegal unless you have a CCW......

Carrying an exposed handgun while loaded in a public place (for the most part) is also ALWAYS illegal.....carrying a handgun in public is only permitted is the weapon is unloaded (and there are also numerous laws that would make it illegal in ALL circumstances)

None of us made the laws.....many of us also dont agree with the laws as written.....the 'powers that be' could also care less what we think.....they expect us to enforce the laws......

As far as not rolling to a radio call, that wont fly with my agency....we have a policy that we SHALL respond to any and all calls for service, and we SHALL handle them to completion.....no questions asked, no opinion on the policy asked for or received.....

As I have posted in several other threads on this subject, this is going to result in MORE stringent gun control in this state, not less......more than a few of our polititcians have publicly (and proudly) stated that they feel the general public have NO RIGHT to own firearms at all......"

LA DEP, this isn't directed toward you, but towards all of the CA LEOs that just don't get it. After you climb down off of your egos and aren't too dizzy, read this:
    http://caopencarry.blogspot.com/2009...carry-faq.html

Post imported post

Quote:

Originally Posted by yelohamr
    After you climb down off of your ego and aren't too dizzy, read this:
    http://caopencarry.blogspot.com/2009...carry-faq.htmlOh fawk....another OC.org idiot.

FJDave doesn't like you. He is also the chairman of the LAPD community relations squad.

Post imported post

I can't wait to see the bashing... that will fall on deaf ears.
    I've always had a knack for getting others to turn on their "stupid" switch.

Post imported post

yelohamr wrote:
    Thanks yelohamr, I've see dozen of Hibel v. Sixth Judicial District were try to making their point and they read the old LACDA memo. Would you minds tell them that case isn't apply to CA.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_and_Identify_statutes and read under 'Obligations under “stop and identify” laws'at the bottom about the CA cases.

Thanks again.

P.S. You wrote #167 "
    Try reading the CA Penal Code. I found out about 13031 in 1988" You means 12031?

Anyone noticed the UOCer's carry the magazine in back pocket?
    I also noticed that Shadowdrop wrote: #52 "You may only check a serial if it is in plain view, so if they have covered their serial with a piece of electrical tape; DRATS! Foiled again." When our members did wrotes here about that before from woodeyand Decoligny.
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=33126&forum_id=12&highli ght=covered+their+serial+with+a+piece+of+electrica l+tape
    and
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=29182&forum_id=12&highli ght=covered+their+serial+with+a+piece+of+electrica l+tape

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    Quote:

http://caopencarry.blogspot.com/2009...carry-faq.htmlOh fawk....another OC.org idiot.

FJDave doesn't like you. He is also the chairman of the LAPD community relations squad.
    OUCH!

Post imported post

Wc wrote:
    yelohamr wrote:
    Thanks yelohamr, I've see dozen of Hibel v. Sixth Judicial District were try to making their point and they read the old LACDA memo. Would you minds tell them that case isn't apply to CA.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_and_Identify_statutes and read under 'Obligations under “stop and identify” laws'at the bottom about the CA cases.

Thanks again.

P.S. You wrote #167 "
    Try reading the CA Penal Code. I found out about 13031 in 1988" You means 12031?

Anyone noticed the UOCer's carry the magazine in back pocket?
    I also noticed that Shadowdrop wrote: #52 "You may only check a serial if it is in plain view, so if they have covered their serial with a piece of electrical tape; DRATS! Foiled again." When our members did wrotes here about that before from woodeyand Decoligny.
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=33126&forum_id=12&highli ght=covered+their+serial+with+a+piece+of+electrica l+tape
    and
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=29182&forum_id=12&highli ght=covered+their+serial+with+a+piece+of+electrica l+tape
    Thanks for pointing that out. I fixed it. Spell check doesn't work with numbers.

Post imported post

Wc wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    Quote:

OUCH!
    Can anyone see the worried look on my face? Neither do I.

Post imported post

Hello yelohamr,

Thanks for posting on the police forum. You did a good job. I am paraphrasing what you wrote: ...if you repeat an untruth many times, a person begins to believe it...

Sac Man definately believes his own stuff. Wow, the Kali cops really appear to be ignorant, hay-seed hicks. The out-of-statepolice that posted are patriots.

I tried to register at that forum so that I could quote the other LEO and DA's from Kalifornia who disagree with the LA DAs office regarding detentions during a 12031(e) check.

During my scouting trip through BLM land last Tuesday, I LOCed. "Nature" lovers assumedand asked what I was hunting for. I gave them the speel that I don't need to be hunting to opencarry a sidearm or rifle. I was in an area that was closed to target shooting; however, hunting with firearms is legal in that area, and I had my hunting license and pig tags as I was scouting--and definately would have reduced an animal to "take" if I had found a pig, jack rabbit, or coyote.

It is sad that we need to educate Kali police regarding our 4th and 5th amendment rights as explained in plain english by SCOTUS and its inferior courts, including Kali courts.

The citizen who was violated with his wife (or girlfriend) and child by Sac Man handled himself well. I wonder if his mags were visible while in his pocket or if they were completely concealed. I also wonder howa jury would rule regarding complete concealment of a mag vs. partial concealment--after all, mag holsters do partially conceal the mags (just wondering in writing).

Again, thanks for your service on that police forum!

markm

(BO, the new Hugo Chavez!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast