• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LEO's discussing open carry.

Eventhorizon

imported post

Gundude wrote:
You gotta read this stuff.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142308

They are watching us too LOL. :what:

If they keep discussing it they will get it right......maybe.
Boy, I took 3 pages of posts before the concealed carry of a loaded magazine was pointed out, and by a LEO from Ohio. Holy crap do any of these guys do any research on the laws they enforce?

Gundude

imported post

One of our knowledgeable OC'ers should go there and have a discussion with them. Someone who can quote a lot of case law for them and explain what this is all about.

JJ

imported post

Gundude wrote:
You gotta read this stuff.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142308

They are watching us too LOL. :what:

If they keep discussing it they will get it right......maybe.
Pretty interesting reading.
Some comments were Pro 2A and Pro Oc.

Then there was the D-bag from LA that thought just seeing someone OCing gave him PC to do whatever the hell he wanted. (demand ID, detain, run serial number, background check on OCer, etc.) :banghead::cuss:

NightOwl

imported post

Try reading some more of the site, if just that made you sick. I never go over there anymore, the attitude on those forums is atrocious.

dirtykoala

imported post

I've beeb on that forum for a while now, you should read what they said about rod tuason...

gluegun

imported post

Someone on that thread mentioned "United States v. Ubilies" and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Maybe it's misspelled. Anyone have a cite?

N/M I found it properly spelled a bit farther down. :)

Gundude

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
I often want to jump in and contribute to those threads but I never know where to start.
LOL I was thinking of you when I made that suggestion. Just start a thread...."I am an OC'er and I will take questions."

MarlboroLts5150

imported post

Brada2 wrote:
that's one hell-of-a pissing contest over there.

i might be reconsidering the sheriff's academy in January.....that thread made me sick!:banghead:

Depends on the Sheriffs Dept. you're considering. Most Sheriffs Depts. are a lot better than most Police Depts. And more knowledgable......for the most part.

I've been checking into Maricopa County Sheriffs in AZ after I get out of the Navy. Great Dept.

Brada2

imported post

MarlboroLts5150 wrote:
Brada2 wrote:
that's one hell-of-a pissing contest over there.

i might be reconsidering the sheriff's academy in January.....that thread made me sick!:banghead:

Depends on the Sheriffs Dept. you're considering. Most Sheriffs Depts. are a lot better than most Police Depts. And more knowledgable......for the most part.

I've been checking into Maricopa County Sheriffs in AZ after I get out of the Navy. Great Dept.

Kern County Sheriff.....maybe if i get in could change a few opinions on OCing.

Brada2

imported post

NightOwl wrote:
Try reading some more of the site, if just that made you sick. I never go over there anymore, the attitude on those forums is atrocious.

+100

no wonder they cant seem to get the laws right....when they find an OCer after they've thrown insults this way and that (on their site); they just take it out on an innocent law abiding citizen......

unbelievable!

yelohamr

imported post

That was on CGN a while back. I registered on that forum but didn't post anything. The LEOs posting from CA just don't get it and probably won't until it's explained to them by a federal judge at their losing lawsuit.

Edit: I just posted this.

"Originally Posted by LA DEP
For those who are not in CA, he is actually not far off the mark.....

I will try and reiterate what others from this state have already brought up, but has been ignored by several posters from 'open carry' friendly states......

In 'open carry' states, carrying a loaded weapon in plain sight is legal.....

That DOES NOT apply in CA......carrying a handgun (loaded or unloaded) is, on its face, ILLEGAL in CA except under certain specified circs.....

Carrying a concealed handgun (loaded or unloaded) is almost ALWAYS illegal unless you have a CCW......

Carrying an exposed handgun while loaded in a public place (for the most part) is also ALWAYS illegal.....carrying a handgun in public is only permitted is the weapon is unloaded (and there are also numerous laws that would make it illegal in ALL circumstances)

None of us made the laws.....many of us also dont agree with the laws as written.....the 'powers that be' could also care less what we think.....they expect us to enforce the laws......

As far as not rolling to a radio call, that wont fly with my agency....we have a policy that we SHALL respond to any and all calls for service, and we SHALL handle them to completion.....no questions asked, no opinion on the policy asked for or received.....

As I have posted in several other threads on this subject, this is going to result in MORE stringent gun control in this state, not less......more than a few of our polititcians have publicly (and proudly) stated that they feel the general public have NO RIGHT to own firearms at all......"

LA DEP, this isn't directed toward you, but towards all of the CA LEOs that just don't get it. After you climb down off of your egos and aren't too dizzy, read this:
http://caopencarry.blogspot.com/2009...carry-faq.html

Gundude

imported post

Quote:

Originally Posted by yelohamr
After you climb down off of your ego and aren't too dizzy, read this:
http://caopencarry.blogspot.com/2009...carry-faq.htmlOh fawk....another OC.org idiot.

FJDave doesn't like you. He is also the chairman of the LAPD community relations squad.

yelohamr

imported post

I can't wait to see the bashing... that will fall on deaf ears.
I've always had a knack for getting others to turn on their "stupid" switch.