• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hipoint .380 retension

cscitney87

imported post

What did you choke on?

http://www.ams-gms.com/6.html Cheap nylon holsters. The nylon straps velcro on the inside of the holster and have a black snap button. The belt loops are double stitched and last a year or two of heavy OC before the stitching wants to loosen up. Super glue the seem when new and it's a non-issue.

Custodian

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
My freind just bought a hipoint .380. *choke*, and wants to OC, does anybody know of a good retension holster for it?
It's not Kimber, Colt, or Ruger... still it's a working man's handgun. A cheap one in the hand is better than the one you have yet to pay for but are dreaming of.

I bought one, not too shabby.

cscitney87

imported post

Can someone please call the Original Poster? Anyone? He choked!!! Is he okay? He hasn't posted a reply yet, is he alive? Oh my Oh my!! This man has choked!

ARE YOU ALIVE? ARE YOU OKAY?

Someone call him on the phone! Ring this man! We are worried about you!

hp-hobo

imported post

You didn't really define "cheap", but I figure $23 delivered ain't too bad. They're well made and fit excellent, both the gun and on your hip. Just make sure his CF-380 has adjustable sights.If it's an earlier model and the sights are non-adjustable, the slide is too wide to fit.

HP2.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Hi-POINT-9mm-380-FOBUS-PADDLE-HOLSTER-FREE-SHIP_W0QQitemZ230405307162QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item35a539fb1a

If that's too much, tell him to go to Wally World and pick upa nylon holster they sell for air pistols. Only $7 and fit's like a glove.

Alex

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
Can someone please call the Original Poster? Anyone? He choked!!! Is he okay? He hasn't posted a reply yet, is he alive? Oh my Oh my!! This man has choked!

ARE YOU ALIVE? ARE YOU OKAY?

Someone call him on the phone! Ring this man! We are worried about you!
51831617.rofl.gif
51831617.rofl.gif
51831617.rofl.gif
hahaha:lol:

M

McX

imported post

hi point makes a .380? wow, hipoint is indeed for the beautiful people! love my hi point .40 nya-nay.:D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Current HiPoint production pistols include:

380 ACP (CF-380)
9mm (C-9)
40 S&W (40SW-B)
45 ACP

Other variants and calibers have been offered.

Yata hey
Really? What other calibers has Hi-Point offered?
Whooops. :?

Had just finished reading on the Bersa Thunder and synapse failed.

Was thinking about the Bersa 7.62 which they used to offer.

Yata hey

cscitney87

imported post

The C-9 with the compensator looks like a really fun pistol to own. What's the deal with that compensator; is that a Class III NFA part now? I really wish I could find a C-9 with that compensator to purchased; I see them online for WAY cheap; not sure of the legality of owning it.

Also; I check with MKS and Hi Point frequently as I just can't wait for their newest models. Anyone heard anything on a new model or form/function on the horizon (in any caliber)?

cscitney87

imported post

The C-9 Comp is the larger version of Hi-Points 9mm handgun. Its major difference from the C-9 or C-9 Compact is that it has a specially designed "compensator" attached to the end of the barrel. The compensator works by forcing some of the hot gases, escaping behind the bullet, to go upward through specially drilled holes in the top of the compensator. The escaping gases push the end of the gun downward; helping to eliminate some of the upward motion caused by the natural recoil of the gun. The Compensator has also been machined on the underside to accept laser sights, or "tactical lights" for better target identification in a self defense, or tactical situation.
Another difference between the C-9 and C-9 Comp. is the barrel length. Its 4" barrel is 1/2" longer than its sister weapon's providing for better accuracy and balance. The compensator and extra bulk also increase the weight. Weighing in at 35 oz., it is fully 10 oz. heavier than the new model, and 6 oz. heavier than the older model of the C-9 Compact.

hp-hobo

imported post

Bitchin' cut and paste, butI thought proper etiquette was to link to your source, especially when using something word for word.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Point_C-9_and_C-9_Comp

The comp on the C-9 is not an NFA item. I'm not sure that there are any compensators that are NFA items. Silencers on the other hand are a different story (and part).

My considered opinion on the C-9 Comp is that unless you're looking for a range only 9mm, go with a standard C-9 instead. The comp only adds size and weight and in my experience adds nothing to the accuracy. It does however add complexity when disassembling for cleaning. Your results may vary.

48323.jpg