Thread: Westchester NY gun permit in NYC???

Post imported post

Im waiting for my gun permit(in westchester)to come in the mail & want to know if I could be an armed guard in the city ??

please reply..

Thanks.

Post imported post

The NY state and NYC permits are from different entities and don't honor each other. So basically no, however, there may be buisness location exemptions to carrying. The other option is to try for a NYC permit. You said you're an armed guard? Typically the employer gets involved to try to get you a permit for work purposes only.

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Only in New York would they claim no equal protection violation with a New York State license not being valid in New York City, but a New York City license being valid statewide.

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Statkowski wrote:
    Only in New York would they claim no equal protection violation with a New York State license not being valid in New York City, but a New York City license being valid statewide.
    Now that is some backward a** s***!! But, you learn something neweveryday.

The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1787!!:X

The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!

Post imported post

Statkowski wrote:
    That's because people misunderstand what we're talking about. It's not a NYS license, it's a State of NY pistol permit. It's not issued by the state, it's issued by each county and recognized by the state. The law allows for NYC - as an issuing authority - to withold recognition of other county issued permits, not unlike other statesregarding reciprocity. Sad, but there it is.

Post imported post

Ok thanx for the reply!! I have a friend with a westchester NY permit & he works everywhere in an amored car.

Post imported post

Does anyone think I maybe be able to get a city permit faster seeing I just got a permit in westchester?? or is it the same process over again??

Post imported post

Your going to have to do the hole process all over again! And get this...It might even take longer in NYC Just because NYC Sucks!!!!

Post imported post

REALY.......NEW YORK REALY SUCKS!!!!!

Post imported post

tbiz33 wrote:
    Does anyone think I maybe be able to get a city permit faster seeing I just got a permit in westchester?? or is it the same process over again??
    NYC will issue you a "special permit" which is designed for NY state residents with a county permit to carry business or carry guard in NYC as long as their county permit is valid.