Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Met with Eastpointe Deputy Police Chief today

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Eastpointe, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,440

    Post imported post

    After my roadside encounter last week, I felt a meeting with Deputy Cheif Borowski(who was on scene for my stop) would do some good. We touched on many topics from 911 operators, to the callers themselves and of course the LEO's who eventually encounter OCers. I have to say, although we didn't agree on every aspect, DC Leo Borowski is one of the most proffesional, friendly and well spoken officers I've ever encountered. He was willing to look into some legal areas that weren't completely clear to him(OC in PFZ with CPL) and other legalities related to stops/detainments. I may not have solved all OCers problems in Eastpointe but a step has been taken. No PD is perfect, but I have his word if I or any other OCer is mistreated during a stop he will personally pull the recording for review, use it as a training tool and if neccesary discipline the officer. I have no doubt I will be sitting down for further discussions with him in the future and I am looking forward to making even more progress. We all know the LEO's have one of the toughest, most dangerous jobs out there, so a little respect can go a long way. So far, Eastpointe's PD has mine.

  2. #2
    Regular Member dougwg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,445

    Post imported post

    Making friends and not enemies, good job!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kent Co, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    398

    Post imported post

    Well done.

  4. #4
    Regular Member CrossPistols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mundy Twp. Charter Member, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    374

    Post imported post

    Nice, but I'm curious to just exactly what were the points you both did not agree on?

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clio, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    363

    Post imported post

    Good job. i like seeing progression

    Devery

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Eastpointe, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,440

    Post imported post

    CrossPistols wrote:
    Nice, but I'm curious to just exactly what were the points you both did not agree on?
    "He was willing to look into some legal areas that weren't completely clear to him(OC in PFZ with CPL) and other legalities related to stops/detainments."

    Those two issues stood out. Or an officer drawing his gun, ala hamaneggs. I said that would be assault with a deadly weapon, we batted that back and forth a bit. All in all a good first step with more to follow.

  7. #7
    Regular Member CrossPistols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mundy Twp. Charter Member, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    374

    Post imported post

    scot623 wrote:
    CrossPistols wrote:
    Nice, but I'm curious to just exactly what were the points you both did not agree on?
    "He was willing to look into some legal areas that weren't completely clear to him(OC in PFZ with CPL) and other legalities related to stops/detainments."

    Those two issues stood out. Or an officer drawing his gun, ala hamaneggs. I said that would be assault with a deadly weapon, we batted that back and forth a bit. All in all a good first step with more to follow.
    Cool.

  8. #8
    Regular Member JeffSayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    629

    Post imported post

    It is encouraging to hear of this cooperation. The chief of Eastpointe wouldn't even bother to return an email to me.
    United we STAND!

  9. #9
    Guest

    Post imported post

    JeffSayers wrote:
    It is encouraging to hear of this cooperation. The chief of Eastpointe wouldn't even bother to return an email to me.
    WHAT???



  10. #10
    Regular Member dsmith4825's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eastpointe, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    20

    Post imported post

    Didn't you have an officer pull his weapon on you a short time ago while you were just sitting on your front porch? Not sure if that was brought to his attention or not, but probably should have been. Good job though, trying to make it safer and better for us to OC in Eastpointe and Michigan as a whole. Thanks

  11. #11
    Guest

    Post imported post

    dsmith4825 wrote:
    Didn't you have an officer pull his weapon on you a short time ago while you were just sitting on your front porch? Not sure if that was brought to his attention or not, but probably should have been. Good job though, trying to make it safer and better for us to OC in Eastpointe and Michigan as a whole. Thanks
    Jeff couldn't bring it to his attention. The chief never returned his email.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rochester Hills, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    338

    Post imported post

    Great Job!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •