• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Met with Eastpointe Deputy Police Chief today

scot623

imported post

After my roadside encounter last week, I felt a meeting with Deputy Cheif Borowski(who was on scene for my stop) would do some good. We touched on many topics from 911 operators, to the callers themselves and of course the LEO's who eventually encounter OCers. I have to say, although we didn't agree on every aspect, DC Leo Borowski is one of the most proffesional, friendly and well spoken officers I've ever encountered. He was willing to look into some legal areas that weren't completely clear to him(OC in PFZ with CPL) and other legalities related to stops/detainments. I may not have solved all OCers problems in Eastpointe but a step has been taken. No PD is perfect, but I have his word if I or any other OCer is mistreated during a stop he will personally pull the recording for review, use it as a training tool and if neccesary discipline the officer. I have no doubt I will be sitting down for further discussions with him in the future and I am looking forward to making even more progress. We all know the LEO's have one of the toughest, most dangerous jobs out there, so a little respect can go a long way. So far, Eastpointe's PD has mine.

scot623

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
Nice, but I'm curious to just exactly what were the points you both did not agree on?

"He was willing to look into some legal areas that weren't completely clear to him(OC in PFZ with CPL) and other legalities related to stops/detainments."

Those two issues stood out. Or an officer drawing his gun, ala hamaneggs. I said that would be assault with a deadly weapon, we batted that back and forth a bit. All in all a good first step with more to follow.

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

scot623 wrote:
CrossPistols wrote:
Nice, but I'm curious to just exactly what were the points you both did not agree on?

"He was willing to look into some legal areas that weren't completely clear to him(OC in PFZ with CPL) and other legalities related to stops/detainments."

Those two issues stood out. Or an officer drawing his gun, ala hamaneggs. I said that would be assault with a deadly weapon, we batted that back and forth a bit. All in all a good first step with more to follow.
Cool.

G

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
It is encouraging to hear of this cooperation. The chief of Eastpointe wouldn't even bother to return an email to me.
WHAT???

dsmith4825

imported post

Didn't you have an officer pull his weapon on you a short time ago while you were just sitting on your front porch? Not sure if that was brought to his attention or not, but probably should have been. Good job though, trying to make it safer and better for us to OC in Eastpointe and Michigan as a whole. Thanks

G

imported post

dsmith4825 wrote:
Didn't you have an officer pull his weapon on you a short time ago while you were just sitting on your front porch? Not sure if that was brought to his attention or not, but probably should have been. Good job though, trying to make it safer and better for us to OC in Eastpointe and Michigan as a whole. Thanks
Jeff couldn't bring it to his attention. The chief never returned his email.