• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC In Liquor Licensed Places?

G

imported post

dougwg wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:
Being prepared would be worth the hundred bucks.

What about the misdemeanor and the 90 days in JAIL? :banghead:

You can't be that stupid, can you? :?
Here's already proven he is. Beyond a doubt.

Besides, where's he gonna get a hundred bucks? He didn't pay for the lawyer he threw under the bus that he got for free because he is so broke.

stainless1911 wrote:
Better judged by 12 than carried by 6
And after you're judged by 12, who's going to care and protect your wife and little girl?

Michigander

imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
(c) A person licensed by this state or another state to carry a concealed weapon.
This exemption is important. If I am not mistaken, an 18-20 year old resident of Michigan can get a non resident license to carry concealed from one of the states that issues concealed carry licenses to 18 year old non residents, and open carry at the criminal empowerment zones it lists, and be in compliance with this section, as well as 237a which also has the same exemption.

My understanding is that you still couldn't CC, or carry in a car because of section 28.425 o of Act 372 of 1927 which prohibits that, but you'd be good to go for OCing otherwise.

budlight

imported post

Here is some advice, and I know some here won't like it, but it's just my opinion. Get a CPL.......that way most places you OC won't fall into the pistol free zones. You could easily be in a place that has a liquor license or other pistol free zone and not even realize it. Having a CPL could save you a lot of potential legal issues.

Again, I realize not everyone can afford a CPL or qualify, I just recommend it if you can get one.

G

imported post

budlight wrote:
Here is some advice, and I know some here won't like it, but it's just my opinion. Get a CPL.......that way most places you OC won't fall into the pistol free zones. You could easily be in a place that has a liquor license or other pistol free zone and not even realize it. Having a CPL could save you a lot of potential legal issues.

Again, I realize not everyone can afford a CPL or qualify, I just recommend it if you can get one.
Stainless1911 had a CPL. It was suspended because he was convicted of possession of a concealed firearm in a prohibited place. Specifically, he was convicted of carrying a concealed pistol on a school playground.

That's why he is against CC.

He'd be against driving if his driver's license was suspended.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I was found respomsible of a civil infraction, otherwise pat has it right. Except that I wasnt concealed. It probably wouldnt have made a difference, my daughter diddnt go to that particular school.

My DL is valid, but I am against drivers licenses.

Getting a BS charge like that did put CC and the laws that go with it on my $#!+ list.

My girl stays with grandma, and Im single. I live alone. I lost my privledges, er, rights, because I was being a dad, protecting her while enjoying a nice fall afternoon at the playground. Heinous vile crime that it was.

budlight

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
I was found respomsible of a civil infraction, otherwise pat has it right. Except that I wasnt concealed. It probably wouldnt have made a difference, my daughter diddnt go to that particular school.

My DL is valid, but I am against drivers licenses.

Getting a BS charge like that did put CC and the laws that go with it on my $#!+ list.

My girl stays with grandma, and Im single. I live alone. I lost my privledges, er, rights, because I was being a dad, protecting her while enjoying a nice fall afternoon at the playground. Heinous vile crime that it was.

How were you in violation if you were OC with a CPL on school property? Maybe I missed something.

In regards to my original post, I was simply saying that the best way to OC is with a CPL to avoid MOST pistol free area restrictions....and any potential over sights of the law.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

The cop diddnt see it. He wasnt there, it was a witness account.

This witness apparently felt that there should be no guns at a school no matter what. Legal, illegal, permit or no. She was probably thinking that she was doing some greaty public service in testifying against the guy with the GUN.

She was less than credible, but the judge went with her side. He's probably against OC.

The lady said that she called the police because someone, as she put it, was trying to crash a radio controlled airplane into traffic. Hmmm, lets think about this. R/C airplanes are expensive, and typically flown by people with a decent income. Indicates some level of responsibility. they are typically flown by people in their 30's and up. Quite a bit of time goes into constructing one of these planes. If someone were to fly a plane into traffic, they would lose the privledge to use the feild to fly the planes, they would lose the insurance on the plane, they would be charged with a crime, and probably be sued civily for damages and/or injuries.

Then the lady says she thought I was following her, that I was possibly sent to her by the group? Um, OK... The R/C mafia?!?

She admited that she was hiding down in her car with her kid, terrified of me, on the phone a second time with 911. Saying that she was very careful to not take her eyes off of me having a gun. Paranoid!

I diddnt even notice her.

She watches me play with my daughter from the parking lot a couple hundred feet away for 20 minutes, obviously unable to distinguish a threat from the obvious. She said she saw me conceal a gun, yet she was barely able to ID me in court, and she was at such a distance and angle to make this claim impossible. My car would have been in her line of sight.

I watch a police car sit for 5 minutes, then leave at the time she would have been on the phone with 911, yet even though the police get a call about a man with a gun on a playground with a little girl, they dont even check it out?? They said I was gone when they got there, but as I said, I wastched them come and go, and the lady said she was on the phone the whole time.

So, yeah, Im a little P.Oed about the whole thing.

The cop shows up at my house, 2 minutes after I get home, sees that I was OC, then cuffs me in front of my 7 year old, terrifying her. He could see I wasnt a threat, I was co operative, and he knew by the radio breifs. Anyone using such poor judgement shouldnt be a cop. Then he shows up again at my house 2 days later with a ticket!

This was in November, I got suspended in early December, court wasnt until late January, and so my suspension is until July 26. Thats a pretty long 6 months.

As for my attorney, you get what you pay for. I am grateful, but she was a new-b. This should have been a slam dunk.

It was a preponderance of evidence, 51% case. Had I been charged with a crime, it would have been a reasonable doubt issue, and I would have won.

G

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
The cop diddnt see it. He wasnt there, it was a witness account.

This witness apparently felt that there should be no guns at a school no matter what. Legal, illegal, permit or no. She was probably thinking that she was doing some greaty public service in testifying against the guy with the GUN.

She was less than credible, but the judge went with her side. He's probably against OC.

The lady said that she called the police because someone, as she put it, was trying to crash a radio controlled airplane into traffic. Hmmm, lets think about this. R/C airplanes are expensive, and typically flown by people with a decent income. Indicates some level of responsibility. they are typically flown by people in their 30's and up. Quite a bit of time goes into constructing one of these planes. If someone were to fly a plane into traffic, they would lose the privledge to use the feild to fly the planes, they would lose the insurance on the plane, they would be charged with a crime, and probably be sued civily for damages and/or injuries.

Then the lady says she thought I was following her, that I was possibly sent to her by the group? Um, OK... The R/C mafia?!?

She admited that she was hiding down in her car with her kid, terrified of me, on the phone a second time with 911. Saying that she was very careful to not take her eyes off of me having a gun. Paranoid!

I diddnt even notice her.

She watches me play with my daughter from the parking lot a couple hundred feet away for 20 minutes, obviously unable to distinguish a threat from the obvious. She said she saw me conceal a gun, yet she was barely able to ID me in court, and she was at such a distance and angle to make this claim impossible. My car would have been in her line of sight.

I watch a police car sit for 5 minutes, then leave at the time she would have been on the phone with 911, yet even though the police get a call about a man with a gun on a playground with a little girl, they dont even check it out?? They said I was gone when they got there, but as I said, I wastched them come and go, and the lady said she was on the phone the whole time.

So, yeah, Im a little P.Oed about the whole thing.

The cop shows up at my house, 2 minutes after I get home, sees that I was OC, then cuffs me in front of my 7 year old, terrifying her. He could see I wasnt a threat, I was co operative, and he knew by the radio breifs. Anyone using such poor judgement shouldnt be a cop. Then he shows up again at my house 2 days later with a ticket!

This was in November, I got suspended in early December, court wasnt until late January, and so my suspension is until July 26. Thats a pretty long 6 months.

As for my attorney, you get what you pay for. I am grateful, but she was a new-b. This should have been a slam dunk.

It was a preponderance of evidence, 51% case. Had I been charged with a crime, it would have been a reasonable doubt issue, and I would have won.
I call BS!!!

budlight PM me for the transcripts for the whole truth.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

You blame the lawyer? Typical.

She told you the judge wouldn't listen to your irrelevant "evidence".

You didn't believe her so you represented YOURSELF IN COURT.

Then when the judge did EXACTLY what the lawyer told you he would do, you ran back to the lawyer to ask why again after she already told you why.

A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client

G

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
I have not tried to make it my job to prove you inept. You have done it yourself.

Your attorney has refuted every single attempt you have made to draw into question the quality of representation that you received.

It is despicable that you should disparage the very person who tried to help you the most out of a sense off public pride and duty.

You have repeatedly tried to twist things to your own liking to attempt to sway people's opinion in your favor.

I have advised, as has your attorney, that you refrain from possessing and transporting a firearm, until you fully understand and comprehend the laws, to prevent your becoming entangled in another even more serious legal nightmare.

Your latest comment that the outcome of your case would not have changed because your daughter was not a student where your offense occurred is indicative that you continue to refuse to become knowledgeable with the laws surrounding firearms.

Many individuals come here to seek knowledge and assistance. I don't want them to be confused with what you have to say about anything.

One more piece of advice...

Keep up you ridiculous rhetoric here. I'm certain, beyond a doubt, that you'll get the opportunity to face it again someday in a different venue.