• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Department of Education needs more.... Shotguns?

AbNo

Pace

imported post

I figured before I looked up, please note where this is coming from:

"Office of Inspector General"
They are 1811s- Federal Investigators/Agents.

Every government office has an IG, which actually one of the few good things they do-- they find the criminals etc in the government and arrest them. In education, contract fraud (and organized crime connection) is really big.

eye95

imported post

I thought this had been brought up before.

The Department of Education has LEOs working for them.

Old Grump

imported post

Every state has state police and local sheriff's departments. Why do we need a federal law enforcement agency working for the DOE investigating fraud in my state's schools and for that matter why do we need a DOE. Every state has its own hierarchy to handle school administration. We need to send taxes to Washington for them to dole back to us after their administrative overhead is cut out if it like we need a hole in the head.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Old Grump wrote:
Every state has state police and local sheriff's departments. Why do we need a federal law enforcement agency working for the DOE investigating fraud in my state's schools and for that matter why do we need a DOE. Every state has its own hierarchy to handle school administration. We need to send taxes to Washington for them to dole back to us after their administrative overhead is cut out if it like we need a hole in the head.
why ? cuz we live in a police state.

Pace

imported post

That is not what this is. IGs are INTERNAL fraud. making sure employees aren't stealing stuff and contracts aren't going to mafia

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pace wrote:
That is not what this is. IGs are INTERNAL fraud. making sure employees aren't stealing stuff and contracts aren't going to mafia
and that's why we have many various LE agencies they could call to investigate..?
Local cops, county sheriffs office, state police,FBI,US Marshals. IG's are just another EXPENSIVE Government Police agency that is not really needed. this is Falling on deaf ears:?

Soon every Gov agency will have it's own armed police force...and PACE will be all for it. or do they already:uhoh:

Dreamer

imported post

Actually, the federal Department of Education is blatantly and fundamentally an illegal organization. Since education is never mentioned in the US Constitution, the establishment of standards and regulations for education is one of the powers left to the States, and the Feds have NO right or authority under the Constitution to regulate academia on the state or local level. Period. End of discussion.

But I guess since they don't even TEACH the Constitution in schools any more, most people probably don't know that...

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dreamer wrote:
Actually, the federal Department of Education is blatantly and fundamentally an illegal organization. Since education is never mentioned in the US Constitution, the establishment of standards and regulations for education is one of the powers left to the States, and the Feds have NO right or authority under the Constitution to regulate academia on the state or local level. Period. End of discussion.

But I guess since they don't even TEACH the Constitution in schools any more, most people probably don't know that...
Maybe it's the Dept of RE-EDUCATION for the FEMA Camps, they need the guns for Securing the electrified, chain link, razor wire perimeter ?

M

McX

imported post

perhapse one day we will see the headlines; detained at gunpoint by the department of education.