Thread: Unenforceable Ordinance Survey

Post imported post

I am looking for such cases, but I don't have the time to surf through all the posts.

I am begging. Please post cities, villages, counties that have taken unenforceable firearms laws off the books.

If you could post a link to threads discussing this very thing, I will be indebted. And very grateful.

I have to do alot of homework before a council meeting next week.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar

Post imported post

I would have to look back , but DePere and Ashwaubenon may both have removed them...

Post imported post

city of pewaukee, village of pewaukee, city of delafield (minus remaining parkrestrictions)

Post imported post

allenay9 wrote:
    city of pewaukee, village of pewaukee, city of delafield (minus remaining parkrestrictions)
    So, pewaukee anddelafield have removed them all EXCEPT the park restiction?

Post imported post

Pewaukee is compliant with state completely on all handgun ordinances. City of Delafield is compliant except for public parks which remain unlawful to open carry per ordinance within parks

Post imported post

City and village of Pewaukee compliant with WI
    city of Delafield compliant with WI minus parks
    town and city of waukesha list discharge restrictions only

Post imported post

The Village of Saukville has removed their open carry ban, but the parks ban is still intact.

I don't believe their online ordinances have been updated to reflect this yet

geoff

Post imported post

I live in Plover Wisconsin and from what I read of this ordinace from this link it is above and beyond what the state allows for open carry. "No person except an authorized police officer shall discharge any firearm within the Village or have any firearm within the Village unless it is unloaded and enclosed in a suitable container." I want to start open carrying my XDM and I have seen a few people carry locally, latest being at Menards in Plover and the people working the desk did a double take and returned to their conversation as if nothing had happened, but from what I understand any firearm within city limits has to be unloaded and cased.

http://www.ploverwi.gov/firearms.htm

Post imported post

ArcticF7SnoPro wrote:
    I live in Plover Wisconsin and from what I read of this ordinace from this link it is above and beyond what the state allows for open carry. "No person except an authorized police officer shall discharge any firearm within the Village or have any firearm within the Village unless it is unloaded and enclosed in a suitable container." I want to start open carrying my XDM and I have seen a few people carry locally, latest being at Menards in Plover and the people working the desk did a double take and returned to their conversation as if nothing had happened, but from what I understand any firearm within city limits has to be unloaded and cased.

http://www.ploverwi.gov/firearms.htm
    The city and county of Eauy Claire have similiar laws, but the City Attorney states that they are unenforceable. I live just south in Trempealeau County and there is not a single firearms ordinance on the books. I was told, "We have only WI State
    Statutes to enforce". I am stirring up EC residents to go after thier unenforceable ordinances.

Post imported post

Yes, Greg, I am planning to work with Steve for the Eau Claire ordinances.

Wisconsin Carry Inc - Founders Club Member
    NRA - Life Member
    3rd generation US Air Force Veteran