• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unenforceable Ordinance Survey

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

I am looking for such cases, but I don't have the time to surf through all the posts.

I am begging. Please post cities, villages, counties that have taken unenforceable firearms laws off the books.

If you could post a link to threads discussing this very thing, I will be indebted. And very grateful.

I have to do alot of homework before a council meeting next week.

allenay9

imported post

Pewaukee is compliant with state completely on all handgun ordinances. City of Delafield is compliant except for public parks which remain unlawful to open carry per ordinance within parks

allenay9

imported post

City and village of Pewaukee compliant with WI
city of Delafield compliant with WI minus parks
town and city of waukesha list discharge restrictions only

Geoff

imported post

The Village of Saukville has removed their open carry ban, but the parks ban is still intact.

I don't believe their online ordinances have been updated to reflect this yet

geoff

ArcticF7SnoPro

imported post

I live in Plover Wisconsin and from what I read of this ordinace from this link it is above and beyond what the state allows for open carry. "No person except an authorized police officer shall discharge any firearm within the Village or have any firearm within the Village unless it is unloaded and enclosed in a suitable container." I want to start open carrying my XDM and I have seen a few people carry locally, latest being at Menards in Plover and the people working the desk did a double take and returned to their conversation as if nothing had happened, but from what I understand any firearm within city limits has to be unloaded and cased.

http://www.ploverwi.gov/firearms.htm

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

ArcticF7SnoPro wrote:
I live in Plover Wisconsin and from what I read of this ordinace from this link it is above and beyond what the state allows for open carry. "No person except an authorized police officer shall discharge any firearm within the Village or have any firearm within the Village unless it is unloaded and enclosed in a suitable container." I want to start open carrying my XDM and I have seen a few people carry locally, latest being at Menards in Plover and the people working the desk did a double take and returned to their conversation as if nothing had happened, but from what I understand any firearm within city limits has to be unloaded and cased.

http://www.ploverwi.gov/firearms.htm
The city and county of Eauy Claire have similiar laws, but the City Attorney states that they are unenforceable. I live just south in Trempealeau County and there is not a single firearms ordinance on the books. I was told, "We have only WI State
Statutes to enforce". I am stirring up EC residents to go after thier unenforceable ordinances.