• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

March 20th @ Gander Mountian

calzonie

imported post

Hello All:

Myself, like many others, are new to OC ing. My first experience with seeing anyone OC ing was 2 or 3 weeks ago when I was at Gander Mountain in Utica. I just received my income tax refund and was looking to stimulate the economy with the purchase of a new handgun when I met Scott Webb shopping with his family. A few other customers were remarking to each other how great it was that someone could “openly carry” and commented that “he must have gone through hell” to get a license to open carry.

Scott opened the dialog about OC ing and we all had a great conversation about the benefits of OC ing.

My ears were glued to every word he was saying. My mind was like a sponge trying to absorb all the information. Scott invited me to the informational seminar that was at Gander Mountain on the 20[suP]th[/suP].

After attending the seminar, I ran home, grabbed all the uncomfortable expensive IWB holsters that I purchased since I’ve had my CPL and listed them on E-Bay. I felt like a women’s libber burning my bra.:celebrate

(I kept one for special occasions though) Holster!! Not the Bra.:what:

Since the 20[suP]th[/suP], I’ve been OC ing almost everywhere without any issues.

I want to thank all the guys that take their own time out of their busy life’s to help educate and enlighten us.

Dan, Mike, John and all the others that I met last Saturday, and especially Scott, you guys are the best.

I have been passing on the information and hope to see ALL you guys again soon.

mikestilly

imported post

calzonie: Welcome to ODCO.. Your welcome and I'm glad we were able to make a difference. If you have any questions in the future don't hesitate to post them in the forum or contact any of us.

Mike

kyleplusitunes

imported post

welcome to the forum, I'm glad to hear you're ocing, however it sounds like you jumped right in, while you have had good experiences so far, there is a bad one coming down the pipe, make sure you've gotten enough info to be prepaired for dealing with a negative encounter, especially with an LEO

mikestilly

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
welcome to the forum, I'm glad to hear you're ocing, however it sounds like you jumped right in, while you have had good experiences so far, there is a bad one coming down the pipe, make sure you've gotten enough info to be prepaired for dealing with a negative encounter, especially with an LEO

Not me. Wouldnt jump to conclusions. One negative may happen just like you might get a flat. The only negative one I've had was at the Plymouth Ice Festival and it ended quite positive and the officer even apologized to us.

calzonie

imported post

No, not really. I did my homework.And will continue too.Just because someone says it's ok to do something, I still need to find out on my own the pro's and con's. Since that day thatI was introduced to OC ing, I haven't been able to read anything else except information about the right that I never exercised. This experience has opened my eyes to alot of issues that I took for granted and never did anything about.

If I do have an encounter with LEO, I feel confident that I will be able to handle myself professionally.

Isaw something, I think on this forum that kind of made me think. "A RIGHT NOT EXERCISED IS A RIGHT SOON LOST"

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Calzonie,

I am glad to hear that you are exercising your rights and continuing to educate yourself on open carry.

Thank you for attending the seminar and for sharing your experience with us all. You are the reason that we do what we do.

DanM

imported post

Welcome, calzonie!

Hope to see you soon at an open carry get-together. Those are also great to bring alongany friends or family that are curious about OC (OC is optional).

FatboyCykes

imported post

Welcome, glad to hear your eyes are opened. I think I stated something to the same effect at GM to the group that I was speaking to while the first seminar was going on. That if nothing else, my study into OC has opened my eyes to other rights and problems with our legal system. OCDO and MOC have had a pretty major impact on how I view myself, my family and my country.

autosurgeon

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
Welcome, glad to hear your eyes are opened. I think I stated something to the same effect at GM to the group that I was speaking to while the first seminar was going on. That if nothing else, my study into OC has opened my eyes to other rights and problems with our legal system. OCDO and MOC have had a pretty major impact on how I view myself, my family and my country.
This has been the case for me as well... in fact now when I look for firearms ordinances that need to be removed also look for 1A and 4A violations as well!