• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lawyer

georg jetson

imported post

LA Confederate wrote:
I can tell you that despite having to go to court twice for preliminary hearings, Mike did not charge me a penny for his services to me (there were extenuating circumstances, but I was in the right and had it gone to trial I would have won anyway.)

I haven't had the opportunity to speak with Mike about his stance on OC, but I do know that he is pro 2A.
So... I take it he's a crimminal defence attorney... yes??

LA Confederate

imported post

Yes. His primary realm is federal criminal defense however I believe he does represent at the state level as well. This was as of '05 when he was representing me.

imported post

Called Mike Walsh's office, what a hoot THAT was !!

Don't waste your time, he's just one more money-grubbing, do-anything-for-a-dollar shyster.
Just to TALK with him requires an appointment, minimum charge $350.00.

This site needs to recruit just ONE real OC attorney.

barf

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Called Mike Walsh's office, what a hoot THAT was !!

Don't waste your time, he's just one more money-grubbing, do-anything-for-a-dollar shyster.
Just to TALK with him requires an appointment, minimum charge $350.00.

This site needs to recruit just ONE real OC attorney.
Why don't YOU take HALF the time and energy you spend trolling on this site to find one?

4angrybadgers

imported post

Mark, you keep saying "this site" needs to find a lawyer. OCDO is a discussion forum - we are "this site"! Nobody can legitimately bellyache about "this site" not having an OC lawyer if he/she isn't willing to pitch in and help find that lawyer.

imported post

And YOU have nailed it.
This is not an "organization," or a "group," but a DISCUSSION FORUM.
That's all it'll ever be until my suggestions are implemented.

No one on this site could afford to compensate me enough for the countless hours I've wasted searching for an OC attorney.

4angrybadgers

imported post

And YOU have nailed it.
This is not an "organization," or a "group," but a DISCUSSION FORUM.
That's all it'll ever be until my suggestions are implemented.

No one on this site could afford to compensate me enough for the countless hours I've wasted searching for an OC attorney.
And when several folks took it upon themselves to form an organization for the purpose of actively pursuing issues in Louisiana, you do nothing but snipe at them and belittle the group's startup efforts. So don't go around acting like the problem is that we aren't organized.

edit: As Barf pointed out, we have yet to see you make any efforts towards forming a more active and coherent group. Do something, or quit complaining.

imported post

There's no need to commence any empire building. As the Nike commercials state, "just do it."

If I know someone's about to drive down a dead end road off a cliff, should I point and encourage them to speed up?

What purpose does it serve to be very well organized, if you're doing the WRONG THING?

The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Gone for the weekend, leave the small minds to bicker and ridicule things far beyond their comprehension.

barf

imported post

Please, everyone here knows what your real agenda is. You're a self-described anarchist who hates the police. Don't try to disguise what you're really trying to do here on this site, which is to recruit people that will join you to further you agenda.

If anyone doubts me, just read his past posts. HE ADMITS THAT THIS IS HIS AGENDA.

mem-o-matic

imported post

No worries, mem-o-matic is here.

LOL, that's TOO funny. As the great Terry Bradshaw once said, "I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid".

Those who refuse to learn from my shining example are relegated to the brass bin of history.

[font="Arial,Helvetica"][/font]

mem-o-matic

imported post

All posts addressing the great mem-o-matic will be responded to in the following format:

LOL, that's TOO funny. As the great (historical figure) once said, "(insert ridiculous quote here)".

Those who refuse to (insert something the great one has done) will/are (insert insult here).

Revolver_Ocelot

imported post

There's no need to commence any empire building. As the Nike commercials state, "just do it."

What purpose does it serve to be very well organized, if you're doing the WRONG THING?
So what's stopping you? Oh yeah, a lack of cojones.

As for LOCAL, just what is it you think they are doing wrong? Refusing to torch police stations as you would advocate?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

According to some, you have been paid in direct proportion to the perceived value of your participation here.

The books might be better balanced were you to pay a monthly stipend for the privilege of insulting and belittling others while pretending to have inherited the throne.

All efforts of others are appreciated here. We teach, learn, encourage and support one other according to our abilities and strengths. We share a common bond. We are not here for personal notoriety.

Yata hey

mem-o-matic

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
According to some, you have been paid in direct proportion to the perceived value of your participation here.

The books might be better balanced were you to pay a monthly stipend for the privilege of insulting and belittling others while pretending to have inherited the throne.

All efforts of others are appreciated here. We teach, learn, encourage and support one other according to our abilities and strengths. We share a common bond. We are not here for personal notoriety.

Yata hey
LOL, that's TOO funny. As the great Colonel Sanders once said, "There's no reason to be the richest man in the cemetery. You can't do any business from there".

Those who refuse to learn from my example about taking money from the po-lice state of Lousyana will never amount to anything.

Hunterdave

imported post

I was born and raised in rural Louisiana and love and enjoy this state, as
I am sure many of you do.As an avid hunter and fisherman I truly enjoy
the woods and waters of this "sportsmans paradise. It is unquestioningly
one of the "freest" states in the Union.

It is my objective to make it even better, hence my being here, on this
forum.As you can see, I am a relative newcomer to this site. I haven't
posted much as of yet, but browse the different sections, almost
nightly and enjoy reading many of the post, until that is, I come to
the Louisiana section. There is more bickering here than any other
place on this forum. It's not everybody, just the same few again and
again. I can see, some come here to"yank chains", but please ignore
them, don't be provocative towards them,for the sake of "the cause".
Let's make the Louisiana section congenial, so as to attract new,
potential members,not repulse them.

I know everyone on a forum will not agree on everything,but we can
passionately disagree respectfully and productively.

I mean no disrespect to anyone and this is not aimed at anyone
just my observations , take for what its worth.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

mem-o-matic wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
LOL, that's TOO funny. As the great Colonel Sanders once said, "There's no reason to be the richest man in the cemetery. You can't do any business from there".

Those who refuse to learn from my example about taking money from the po-lice state of Lousyana will never amount to anything.
M-o-m = interesting acronym.

Riddle me this m-o-m are you supportive of LOCAL and their intents/methods or do you stand in awe of MEM and his illustrious personage?

Your soft sarcasm could easily be interpreted either way. For what do you stand?

Yata hey

mem-o-matic

imported post

mem-o-matic became self aware on Fri Jun 4th, 2010 at 03:47 pm with the departure of mem for the weekend. the mem-o-matic intelligent logical function is programmed to reply to issues that mem is either unable or unwilling to answer.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

mem-o-matic wrote:
mem-o-matic became self aware on Fri Jun 4th, 2010 at 03:47 pm with the departure of mem for the weekend. the mem-o-matic intelligent logical function is programmed to reply to issues that mem is either unable or unwilling to answer.
In other words you are wasting space?

Yata hey