• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Changing Username...

Ruckus

imported post

So, when I first joined here I was an on the spot lurker and just typed up any old username that first came to mind neglecting the fact that I could never change it if I wanted to. As I progress through this board and start putting myself out there more I have come to wish I had used the username I use normally instead of some lurker username that I don’t particularly have a lot of attachment towards. Anyway, now that I’m a full member, have been to a few events, find myself on team speak, am wanting to post more, and plan to stick around and do what I can to support the cause, I would rather be known by my regular username that I have grown accustomed to using.

While it may seem insignificant, and lame, I’m deciding that before I get into creating even more usernames and becoming more identified in forums/communities such as OCDO, TS, MGO, MOC, and anything else that follows, I would rather ditch the Ethan_Frome moniker now and not stick myself with this lurker username elsewhere. Ethan Frome is my favorite book, but if you ever read it he was kind of a poo-c, lol.

I’m confident it won’t cause any confusion. While I've been here reading in an addictive fashion for a year and a half, I don’t have a ton of posts (117) on OCDO nor have I made any huge written contributions to the forum. My guess is only a dozen of you really know who I am from the few events I’ve attended so I think it’s hardly a big deal to start over at this point. It’s not like I’m Prince and all of a sudden decide to start my entire career over as some dumb symbol or anything. Besides, if Puff Daddy can keep changing his name like his underwear I should be cool for one internet forum username change, right?

I’m just letting you all know what I’m doing and the story behind it so you’re not all like who the hell is this new guy acting like he knows me or knows what the hell is going on here. I will also PM those of you who I know, know me to make you aware of the change as well.

So now for the anticlimactic part. The new username is Bandersnatch. It’s got personal meaning behind it and in honor of an uncle who meant a lot to me and something I have carried with me for many, many years. Other forums have used Bander for short, but whatever’s clever. I just don’t want to be stuck with Ethan_Frome the lurker username moving forward. I will use the same avatar and mention "formerly Ethan_Frome" on the new profile for a while.

Thanks for reading this public service announcement. My username is "Bandersnatch" and I approve this message.

OK, now I feel better. I've been growing increasingly pissed at every log in and post for a while now, lol.

Carry on.