• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun show this past weekend March 21 and 22

KYKevin

imported post

I went to the local one here in Owensboro this weekend. I didn't really notice any rudeness so much as indeference. Only one person actually took an interest in me as I was looking around.

I did notice however that man the prices were crazy. I recently bought a Kel Tec Sub 2000 40 cal for plinking. I bought some offbrand 31 rd mags on the internet for for $12.00. I found a guy selling some of the same brand for $29.00 each. He was the guy who took interest in me. He came over and said. "You will not find a better deal around. Not even on the internet." I just smiled and said I guess your right and walked on.

I found most of the guns to be reasonably priced. But any type of accessory was way over priced. Even the same brand of universal quad rails I was wanting was going for was $29.95 and on the internet $10.99.I was holding off on spending my money on the internet to get some stuff from these guys to support the gun shows. But everything I wanted was at least 2-3 times the price on the internet. Now I don't mind paying a little extra cause I know they travel around and stuff. But I am not about to letsomeone rob me. :)Long story short. I just spent almost $300 for the stuff I wanted on the internet.

They are suppose to be back in october. I hope they have a bit better prices. I have been to some out of town and they usually have better prices on accessories. For some reason when they hit town here prices on accessoriesget jacked up. Don't get me wrong. Not all the vendors were like that. Butmost were quite a few. The guy who did have the jacked up mag prices did have a good price on a mag I wanted for my hand gun. But for some reason after the encounter over the the 31 rd mags for my S2k I felt I was better off shopping elsewhere.

neuroblades

imported post

Sadly this seems to be the case with alot of the gunshows around the state. About the best one I've happened across is the big one in Lexington Center. I think the next one is June 19th.

ToniDaTyga

imported post

The guy I bought the Ruger off of at the show referred me to a guy across the way for ammo. I felt like I was overpaying for the ammo but boughtsome just the same. I found out that Walmart has some good prices on ammo and I think I will be checking back with them more often as they are even cheaper than the gun shop I frequent. You sure are right about the indifference in trying to sell.