Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Question from New York

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    As a liberal, I'm confused as to why someone would want to own a gun. I am personally very scared of them, and I think that it would probably be best if only the police and army have them. It seems like every day I hear another story about someone getting killed by a gun. I would like to know what some gun suppoorters think of this issue? Why do you think that you should be allowed to have a gun?

  2. #2
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705

    Post imported post

    Take a look at this video.

    http://37signals.com/svn/posts/2177-...fully-executed

    Why do you suppose this guy's family wants him to wear his seat belt? With all the driving laws in place and modern safety features of cars, surely nobody ever gets killed in a car wreck, right?

    Why do modern buildings have sprinkler systems? Or fire extinguishers? Surely with modern building codes, and proper electrical and gas fittings, there are never fires any more.

    If your question is genuine, that will answer it. If not, then move along, nothing can help you.

    TFred


  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,382

    Post imported post

    How many stories do you not hear of people living because of the presence of a gun. Dave Kopel has good and well accepted statistics of 2.5 million lives per year, but that does not fit the Obamanation media template so you don't hear it.

    As to your fears, other people fear cars (that I imagine you drive), knives (that I imagine you use), spiders (that I imagine you squish). Why project your fears onto society?

    I will have my guns because no one can take them away and both of us survive. Without my guns I am a subject to be abused at the whim of the tyrant (Obama) and would rather be dead. I'm older, well lived and will give my life to a better future.



  4. #4
    Regular Member Superlite27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    God's Country, Missouri
    Posts
    1,279

    Post imported post

    1) Ask yourself: If guns are so "evil", why do police officers carry them? If they are only for "killing", wouldn't this mean that the police carry them for the sole purpose of murdering people? Or, is it more likely they carry them for self defense?

    If they do carry them for self defense........Why is it acceptable for them to defend themselves with a firearm....but not for anyone else? Is it the shiny metal disk on their chest?

    What is it about a metal disk that makes it O.K. for a human being to protect their own life, but if you don't have a shiny metal disk, it's bad?

    2) Do you feel more responsible knowing that you require another human being to come running at your beck and call to risk their life to save yours when you are unwilling to do so yourself?

    3) Have you ever been to Auschwitz or Dachau? I have. They burned human beings in ovens at these places. These people also thought is was goodwhen "only the police had guns".

    4) How many other civil rights do you believe "only the police" should have?

    5) Do you believe that if a person tries to strike you, that it is O.K. to strike back to prevent it? What about if they try to stab you? Wouldn't a knife come in handy, or are you just supposed to let them stab you and call the police later? Well, if it is acceptable to fight back with fists and knives, why are you suddenly supposed to stop at that? The criminals where I'm from use guns. Why should I, a law abiding citizen, be forced to only use my hands against a criminal using a gun? The police are allowed to use a gun vs. a gun, right? Why NOT me? Why should I have to face a gun with my fist?

    6) Look around you RIGHT NOW. Do it.

    See a cop? Neither do I. Why do you feel safer trusting your life.....

    ...to someone who isn't even there?

    Is this intelligent?

  5. #5
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849

    Post imported post

    A_Berkowitz wrote:
    As a liberal, I'm confused as to why someone would want to own a gun. I am personally very scared of them, and I think that it would probably be best if only the police and army have them. It seems like every day I hear another story about someone getting killed by a gun. I would like to know what some gun suppoorters think of this issue? Why do you think that you should be allowed to have a gun?
    Most of us on this site are also liberals - Classic liberals.

    A classic liberal is one who holds a basic distrust of government and therefore, believes that the least amount of government, and governmental control, is best for the preservation of individual liberty. Classic liberals understand that governments left unchecked know only one thing and that is to grow to the point where they swallow up the governed. A classic liberal is one who holds individual liberty in high esteem, believing it to be the most important element of freedom. Our Founding Fathers were classic liberals and wrote much about liberty and freedom and what We the People must continue to do in order to preserve their fine design.

    You say you are "confused as to why someone would want to own a gun". Why? People own golf clubs, chess games, and fine music collections. How is owning a gun any different? A gun is merely a tool, just like a drill or a hammer. When used properly, it can bring much joy and has the additional benefit of offering the owner something else. Protection. Protection of himself and of those whom he loves.

    May I suggest that you visit our fine state of Virginia and perhaps attend an open carry luncheon. You might find it quite interesting and see that there is nothing particularly special or unique about carrying a defensive arm.

    Finally, ask yourself this little question.

    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun.


    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  6. #6
    Regular Member Bikenut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,754

    Post imported post

    A_Berkowitz wrote:
    As a liberal, I'm confused as to why someone would want to own a gun. I am personally very scared of them, and I think that it would probably be best if only the police and army have them. It seems like every day I hear another story about someone getting killed by a gun. I would like to know what some gun suppoorters think of this issue? Why do you think that you should be allowed to have a gun?
    You say that only police should have guns... because you want someone with a gun to come and save your life... with a gun.

    If it is the gun that you are looking for being protected by... wouldn't it make more sense to simply have a gun of your own immediately accessible instead of having to wait 20 minutes or more (20 minutes while the criminal is beating you, raping your wife/daughter, shooting/stabbing your son) for the police to arrive?

    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NOVA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    732

    Post imported post

    A_Berkowitz wrote:
    As a liberal, I'm confused as to why someone would want to own a gun. I am personally very scared of them, and I think that it would probably be best if only the police and army have them. It seems like every day I hear another story about someone getting killed by a gun. I would like to know what some gun suppoorters think of this issue? Why do you think that you should be allowed to have a gun?
    Have you had any first hand experience with firearms? Ever held one? Ever shot one? When something is a mystery, it is often feared. If you take the time to educate yourself about firearms then maybe you would not fear them as you do know. Listening to the news about murders/rapes in not education, it's not even news...

  8. #8
    Regular Member Deanimator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky River, OH, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,086

    Post imported post

    A_Berkowitz wrote:
    As a liberal, I'm confused as to why someone would want to own a gun. I am personally very scared of them, and I think that it would probably be best if only the police and army have them. It seems like every day I hear another story about someone getting killed by a gun. I would like to know what some gun suppoorters think of this issue? Why do you think that you should be allowed to have a gun?
    That's funny. I'm a liberal too and believe exactly the opposite.

    1. Police have no legal duty to protect individuals.
    2. Police have no legal liability when they fail to protect individuals.
    3. Police have virtually no physical ability to protect individuals.

    The history of gun control in North America is the history of White supremacism. From the very beginning, gun control laws have been aimed at disfavored minorities. Indians, Blacks and later the Irish, Jews, Slavs and Italians were seen as inferior, "dangerous" and unworthy of having the means to defend themselves. Violent racist groups like the Klan (often intimately associated with the police) wanted their potential victims disarmed.

    When a woman owns and carries a gun for self-defense, "no" REALLY means "no". Some men (and some women) don't like that. The claim that women will "have their guns taken away and used on them" is of a kind with claims of low intelligence in Blacks and vast conspiracies by Jews. If a woman faced with a violent rapist would GIVE him her gun instead of using it on him, why should a policewoman be trusted with the same gun, a female soldier with an M16 or a female pilot with an F-15? Women are equal or they're not.

    Gun control isn't a "liberal" philosophy. It's a fascist, misogynist and racist philosophy.

    PS - I'm a LIBERAL, NOT a "classical liberal".
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    292

    Post imported post

    Here are a few things to read over, http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society...e-report-shows.

    Now I could write on and on about why I like to own guns and why I think we should continue to be able to, but I think it we be more beneficial for you to hear it from someone who USED to hate guns and now owns one. Whether you are male or female, this story will have you think about whether guns are really bad. http://www.keepandbeararms.com/Infor...tem.asp?ID=300

  10. #10
    Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,839

    Post imported post

    A_Berkowitz wrote:
    As a liberal, I'm confused as to why someone would want to own a gun. I am personally very scared of them, and I think that it would probably be best if only the police and army have them. It seems like every day I hear another story about someone getting killed by a gun. I would like to know what some gun suppoorters think of this issue? Why do you think that you should be allowed to have a gun?
    I am confused why someone would want to ride in a car. I think it would be best if only the police had them. It seems like every day people are dying in car crashes. Only the police should be trusted with cars.

    Although the pressthrives on sensationalism around shootings,injuries anddeaths fromfirearms is pretty far down in the statistics chart in comparison to many other common things in our lives which we are not concerned about. It is only because of the anti-gun propaganda that the Brady campaign and others thrive.

    I am having adifficult time accepting your posts as anything less than trolling. Please find another place to do this. Any time someone proclaims themselves a liberal in the first few words, it is normally done so to get a reaction from the target audience. You proclaim yourself a liberal and to be against guns on a board which has an exclusive purpose of promoting openly carrying of firearms. You are off topic and this is not the appropriate place to debate the subject. Here, it is an accepted absolute truth that the guns are not to blame for violent felons. The general public shouldhave the ability to defend themselves fromviolent felons instead of being forced to be a victim and lay bleeding and dying while they wait 10 to 15+ minutes for a police officer to come make a report of a crime which has already occured.

    The police are not for your personal protection. That is your responsibility. The police are there to keep general order. They carry firearms to protect themselves from violent criminals and not to protect you. Wake up to reality....:?






  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348

    Post imported post

    A_Berkowitz wrote:
    As a liberal, I'm confused as to why someone would want to own a gun. I am personally very scared of them, and I think that it would probably be best if only the police and army have them. It seems like every day I hear another story about someone getting killed by a gun. I would like to know what some gun suppoorters think of this issue? Why do you think that you should be allowed to have a gun?
    THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, Troll....Because there are evil people out there that have guns. OK, GENIUS , there are maybe BILLIONS of guns out there, you LIBERALS will never ever get rid of them, so as long as the guns do exist there will be , criminals, wacko's,Socialist totalitarian Governments, thugs, drug dealers & just general bad people that will use them guns to do harm against innocent people , like me...there for I Open Carry & own guns because it is my right to protect myself from those that would attempt to do me harm. You don't like guns because they scare you..... BAA HAAAAA , Silly sheep. I bet you think the police exist to protect you too, right ? LOL HA HA HA HA HA
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    I just state the obvious. Because I can. Period.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Deanimator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky River, OH, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,086

    Post imported post

    Glock34 wrote:
    THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, Troll....Because there are evil people out there that have guns.
    NO, because there are EVIL PEOPLE, with AND without guns.

    An evil person STABBED my godsister to death in safe, "gunless" Apartheid Chicago. She's not any less dead for having been stabbed instead of shot and she wouldn't have been any WORSE off if she'd had a gun available with which to defend herself.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348

    Post imported post

    Deanimator wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, Troll....Because there are evil people out there that have guns.
    NO, because there are EVIL PEOPLE, with AND without guns.

    An evil person STABBED my godsister to death in safe, "gunless" Apartheid Chicago. She's not any less dead for having been stabbed instead of shot and she wouldn't have been any WORSE off if she'd had a gun available with which to defend herself.
    well, ok... but this is a gun forum, not a knife forum... very Sorry about your God sister.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  15. #15
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    It goes against natural order not to defend oneself.Self defense has been a recognized 'right' (legally)of a citizenfor over 2,087 years (in western civilization) sinceCiceroargued the matter before the Roman Senate. Arms are the tools of self defense. The 'state' is not responsible for your personal safety or protection. SCotUS has already ruled on that. (Gonzales vs Castle Rock, CO) and others.

    'Quote': "Why do you think that you should be allowed to have a gun?" First of all... the premise of your question is couched in the language of the subserviant statist.Rights are not 'allowed'... rights are recognized. The Arizona Constitution is similar to the US Constitution and mirrored word for word in several other state constitutions:

    AZC Art. 2, Sec. 26:"The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the state shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain, or employ an armed body of men."

    http://www.constitution.org/mil/rkba1982.htm"The right to bear arms is a tradition with deep roots in American society. Thomas Jefferson proposed that "no free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms," and Samuel Adams called for an amendment banning any law "to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." The Constitution of the State of Arizona, for example, recognizes the "right of an individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the State."

    New York has no such recognition of that right in it's state constitution. It is a right denied.

    I've written a piece on 'rights', for my sister-in-law who teaches high school. Not just the right to self defense, but all rights.:

    Rights

    All free people are born with certain inalienable rights. Such rights would exist in the presence of Government or none. Government does not have rights. Government has ‘authority’. Authority of government is derived from the people (the governed) and is not separate and autonomous.

    Government does not grant Rights. Government can only recognize the legitimacy of a right, codify and enumerate them; protect and defend them (or) deny them. Rights (as codified and enumerated by the U.S. Constitution) become the basis for ‘The Law of the Land’. From this body of laws, all other laws are compared.

    Government cannot grant ‘Rights’. Rights are not to be confused with ‘Permit’, ‘License’, ‘Privilege’ or ’Allowance’ or other contrivance. Rights cannot be ’purchased’ nor can government extract fees for the free exercise thereof. Rights are inherent and eternal w/o interference, infringement, impairment or regulation when exercised responsibly by the individual. The free exercise of an individualRight requires personal responsibility and moderation.

    Absolute denial of a right in a free society is tyranny.

    Consider this opinion of the Supreme Court:

    “The general misconception is that any statute passed by legislators bearing the appearance of law constitutes the law of the land. The Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the land, and any statue, to be valid, must be in agreement. It is impossible for both the Constitution and a law violating it to be valid; one must prevail. This is succinctly stated as follows:

    The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of its enactment, and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it.

    An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed. Such a statute leaves the question that it purports to settle just as it would be had the statute not been enacted.”

    “Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principals follow that it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it..

    A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one.

    An unconstitutional law cannot operate to supersede any existing valid law.

    Indeed, insofar as a statute runs counter to the fundamental law of the land, it is superseded thereby.

    No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.” Sixteenth American Jurisprudence, Second Edition, Section 177. (late 2nd Ed. Section 256)

     Rule by such governments headed by absolute monarchs, oligarchs or dictators do not recognize individual rights and often deny them as 'they alone' control and determine such liberties as the people may enjoy or not. Such governments abrogate personal responsibility to the authority of the State.

    In answer to your question...I don't 'think' I should be 'allowed' to own/carry a gun... I have the absolute right to do so if I choose. I choose to do so daily w/o interference from the 'state'. I need permission from no one.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Superlite27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    God's Country, Missouri
    Posts
    1,279

    Post imported post

    Classic TROLL, folks. Right down to the three "tell-tale" signs:

    1) Show up from out of nowhere without so much as a "hello".

    2) Post something contradictory to the entire forum (i.e. In a "Ford Truck" forum, post about how crappy Fords are and how smart folks should buy a Chevy. Or even better: A Toyota.)

    3) Leave immediately never to be heard from again.

    Yup. Fits the bill to a T. (as in TROLL)



  17. #17
    Regular Member Deanimator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky River, OH, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,086

    Post imported post

    Glock34 wrote:
    Deanimator wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, Troll....Because there are evil people out there that have guns.
    NO, because there are EVIL PEOPLE, with AND without guns.

    An evil person STABBED my godsister to death in safe, "gunless" Apartheid Chicago. She's not any less dead for having been stabbed instead of shot and she wouldn't have been any WORSE off if she'd had a gun available with which to defend herself.
    well, ok... but this is a gun forum, not a knife forum... very Sorry about your God sister.
    No, this is a SELF-DEFENSE FROM UNLAWFUL DEADLY FORCE THROUGH THE USE OF GUNS forum. It doesn't matter what form that unlawful deadly force takes.

    If you attack me with a gun, I'm going to shoot you.
    If you attack me with a knife, I'm going to shoot you.
    If you attack me with a baseball bat, I'm going to shoot you.
    If you're much bigger and stronger than I am, or outnumber me and try to beat, kick or choke me to death, I'm going to shoot you.

    I have ZERO control over what an assailant brings to an encounter. Thinking otherwise is a fundamental delusion of gun control advocates.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348

    Post imported post

    Deanimator wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    Deanimator wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, Troll....Because there are evil people out there that have guns.
    NO, because there are EVIL PEOPLE, with AND without guns.

    An evil person STABBED my godsister to death in safe, "gunless" Apartheid Chicago. She's not any less dead for having been stabbed instead of shot and she wouldn't have been any WORSE off if she'd had a gun available with which to defend herself.
    well, ok... but this is a gun forum, not a knife forum... very Sorry about your God sister.
    No, this is a SELF-DEFENSE FROM UNLAWFUL DEADLY FORCE THROUGH THE USE OF GUNS forum. It doesn't matter what form that unlawful deadly force takes.

    If you attack me with a gun, I'm going to shoot you.
    If you attack me with a knife, I'm going to shoot you.
    If you attack me with a baseball bat, I'm going to shoot you.
    If you're much bigger and stronger than I am, or outnumber me and try to beat, kick or choke me to death, I'm going to shoot you.

    I have ZERO control over what an assailant brings to an encounter. Thinking otherwise is a fundamental delusion of gun control advocates.
    NO ACTUALLY THIS IS OPEN CARRY.ORG A FORUM DEVOTED TO OPEN CARRY OF HANDGUNS. Which might also discuss topics related to personal self defense, Holsters, places we can & can not open carry and everything else related to Open Carry. Let's not confuse things.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  19. #19
    Regular Member Deanimator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky River, OH, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,086

    Post imported post

    Glock34 wrote:
    Deanimator wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    Deanimator wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, Troll....Because there are evil people out there that have guns.
    NO, because there are EVIL PEOPLE, with AND without guns.

    An evil person STABBED my godsister to death in safe, "gunless" Apartheid Chicago. She's not any less dead for having been stabbed instead of shot and she wouldn't have been any WORSE off if she'd had a gun available with which to defend herself.
    well, ok... but this is a gun forum, not a knife forum... very Sorry about your God sister.
    No, this is a SELF-DEFENSE FROM UNLAWFUL DEADLY FORCE THROUGH THE USE OF GUNS forum. It doesn't matter what form that unlawful deadly force takes.

    If you attack me with a gun, I'm going to shoot you.
    If you attack me with a knife, I'm going to shoot you.
    If you attack me with a baseball bat, I'm going to shoot you.
    If you're much bigger and stronger than I am, or outnumber me and try to beat, kick or choke me to death, I'm going to shoot you.

    I have ZERO control over what an assailant brings to an encounter. Thinking otherwise is a fundamental delusion of gun control advocates.
    NO ACTUALLY THIS IS OPEN CARRY.ORG A FORUM DEVOTED TO OPEN CARRY OF HANDGUNS. Which might also discuss topics related to personal self defense, Holsters, places we can & can not open carry and everything else related to Open Carry. Let's not confuse things.
    I would imagine that not one person in three hundred here does NOT carry for self-defense, regardless of any additional reason they might have. Everything else is a means to that end.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

  20. #20
    Regular Member buster81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,461

    Post imported post

    A_Berkowitz wrote:
    ...I'm confused...I am personally very scared...It seems like...I hear another story...Why do you think that you should be allowed to have a gun?
    Why do you think you should be allowed to voice an opinion on something you are confused about, scared of, and know nothing about other than some stories you heard?

  21. #21
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348

    Post imported post

    Deanimator wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    Deanimator wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    Deanimator wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, Troll....Because there are evil people out there that have guns.
    NO, because there are EVIL PEOPLE, with AND without guns.

    An evil person STABBED my godsister to death in safe, "gunless" Apartheid Chicago. She's not any less dead for having been stabbed instead of shot and she wouldn't have been any WORSE off if she'd had a gun available with which to defend herself.
    well, ok... but this is a gun forum, not a knife forum... very Sorry about your God sister.
    No, this is a SELF-DEFENSE FROM UNLAWFUL DEADLY FORCE THROUGH THE USE OF GUNS forum. It doesn't matter what form that unlawful deadly force takes.

    If you attack me with a gun, I'm going to shoot you.
    If you attack me with a knife, I'm going to shoot you.
    If you attack me with a baseball bat, I'm going to shoot you.
    If you're much bigger and stronger than I am, or outnumber me and try to beat, kick or choke me to death, I'm going to shoot you.

    I have ZERO control over what an assailant brings to an encounter. Thinking otherwise is a fundamental delusion of gun control advocates.
    NO ACTUALLY THIS IS OPEN CARRY.ORG A FORUM DEVOTED TO OPEN CARRY OF HANDGUNS. Which might also discuss topics related to personal self defense, Holsters, places we can & can not open carry and everything else related to Open Carry. Let's not confuse things.
    I would imagine that not one person in three hundred here does NOT carry for self-defense, regardless of any additional reason they might have. Everything else is a means to that end.
    Because it's about the fact that Open Carry is a right. OCDO -> A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost. The Website is about our right to keep & bear arms.... with everything else being second.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  22. #22
    Regular Member Superlite27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    God's Country, Missouri
    Posts
    1,279

    Post imported post

    To summarize:
    As a liberal, I'm confused


    If you're going to take anything of value away from this thread, this is it.



    (Sorry to you OC'ing libs out there! I couldn't pass this up! It's called "Low hanging fruit".)

  23. #23
    Regular Member Old Grump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Blue River, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    387

    Post imported post

    He isn't confused, just spamming and you all bit.
    Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    Post imported post

    Old Grump wrote:
    He isn't confused, just spamming and you all bit.
    As you just did, and now I did.

    Every time you bump a troll's thread, you are biting.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    Well thanks for all the input, but no thanks for all the name calling. I was asking some questions so that I can learn, and in return I get called a "troll" why? Just becayse I have a different opinion than you that means you can insult me?

    See, this is exactly what I'm concerned about - people that are this apt to jump to insults and violence carrying guns. I'm glad this is over the internet, because I'm sure someone would have pointed a gun at me and tried to intimidate me if this was face to face

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •