• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question from New York

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Deanimator wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, Troll....Because there are evil people out there that have guns.
NO, because there are EVIL PEOPLE, with AND without guns.

An evil person STABBED my godsister to death in safe, "gunless" Apartheid Chicago. She's not any less dead for having been stabbed instead of shot and she wouldn't have been any WORSE off if she'd had a gun available with which to defend herself.
well, ok... but this is a gun forum, not a knife forum... very Sorry about your God sister.:(
No, this is a SELF-DEFENSE FROM UNLAWFUL DEADLY FORCE THROUGH THE USE OF GUNS forum. It doesn't matter what form that unlawful deadly force takes.

If you attack me with a gun, I'm going to shoot you.
If you attack me with a knife, I'm going to shoot you.
If you attack me with a baseball bat, I'm going to shoot you.
If you're much bigger and stronger than I am, or outnumber me and try to beat, kick or choke me to death, I'm going to shoot you.

I have ZERO control over what an assailant brings to an encounter. Thinking otherwise is a fundamental delusion of gun control advocates.
NO ACTUALLY THIS IS OPEN CARRY.ORG A FORUM DEVOTED TO OPEN CARRY OF HANDGUNS. Which might also discuss topics related to personal self defense, Holsters, places we can & can not open carry and everything else related to Open Carry. Let's not confuse things.
I would imagine that not one person in three hundred here does NOT carry for self-defense, regardless of any additional reason they might have. Everything else is a means to that end.
Because it's about the fact that Open Carry is a right. OCDO -> A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost. The Website is about our right to keep & bear arms.... with everything else being second.

A_Berkowitz

imported post

Well thanks for all the input, but no thanks for all the name calling. I was asking some questions so that I can learn, and in return I get called a "troll" why? Just becayse I have a different opinion than you that means you can insult me?

See, this is exactly what I'm concerned about - people that are this apt to jump to insults and violence carrying guns. I'm glad this is over the internet, because I'm sure someone would have pointed a gun at me and tried to intimidate me if this was face to face

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

A_Berkowitz wrote:
Well thanks for all the input, but no thanks for all the name calling. I was asking some questions so that I can learn, and in return I get called a "troll" why? Just becayse I have a different opinion than you that means you can insult me?

See, this is exactly what I'm concerned about - people that are this apt to jump to insults and violence carrying guns. I'm glad this is over the internet, because I'm sure someone would have pointed a gun at me and tried to intimidate me if this was face to face

Nice over generalization. You object when you feel someone has done it to you yet you are quick to do it to others. No one here is apt to jump to violence carrying guns. Please go visit another board which may be more receptive to your rhetoric. This board is to discuss the Open Carry of firearms not to debate whether we can be trusted with them or if only the Police should carry them.

A personal Police officer is rather cumbersome to carry around in a holster. They carry guns to protect themselves and not to protect you. By the time you call 911 and they show up, the crime is over and you (or your loved ones) may already be dead or dying.

You weren't asking questions so that you could learn. You came to a gun board and proclaimed that you are a liberal who does not like guns and then act suprised when people react negatively. You have a different opinion and you are not interested in discussing the subject matter which this board is based on.

Please just move along.

riverrat10k

imported post

How bout this for a reason in NY?

February 27, 1998—NY

On February 27, 1998, police conduct a no-knock raid on the Bronx home of Ellis Elliot, based on information they would later determine to be "miscommunication with an informant."
As police attempt to break down his door, Elliot fears he is being attacked, and fires a shot through the door. Police respond with a swarm of 26 bullets, all of which, fortunately, miss Elliot. Elliot is then dragged out of his home naked, allegedly peppered with racial epithets, then arrested on charges of possessing an unlicensed weapon.
Police would later admit their error, and the police department would pay $1,000 to have Elliot's door repaired. Elliot eventually pled guilty to disorderly conduct for firing his gun at police officers, and was given a conditional discharge. No police officers were ever charged or disciplined.
Sources:
Rocco Parascandola, "Cops pay 1G for repairs in raid mixup," New York Post, March 6, 1998, p. 10.
Pete Bowles, "Guilty plea in cop-mistake case," Newsday, May 6, 1998

Lock this thread, not OC, trolling by the same guy.

riverrat10k

imported post

Try this on for size also, Berkowitz.

[The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so.]

-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945), April 11, 1942, quoted in Hitlers Tischegesprache Im Fuhrerhauptquartier 1941-1942. [Hitler's Table-Talk at the Fuhrer's Headquarters 1941-1942], Dr. Henry Picker, ed. (Athenaum-Verlag, Bonn, 1951)
A related article: "Nazi Firearms Laws and the Disarming of the German Jews", by Stephen Halbroook:

[font="Arial, Helvetica,Verdana, sans-serif"]http://www.stephenhalbrook.com/article-nazilaw.pdf (Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)[/font]

Close this thread.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

A_Berkowitz wrote:

You don't get it do you? Your kind never do. You really don't understand that bearing arms is a serious responsibility that requires self discipline. We... all of us (most anyway)are responsible and very much aware of the consequences of our actions with the guns we carry. So... you're SURE... somebody would stick a gun in your face 'cause they disagree with you? Are you nuts?

XD40coyote

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
A_Berkowitz wrote:
As a liberal, I'm confused as to why someone would want to own a gun. I am personally very scared of them, and I think that it would probably be best if only the police and army have them. It seems like every day I hear another story about someone getting killed by a gun. I would like to know what some gun suppoorters think of this issue? Why do you think that you should be allowed to have a gun?
Simple answer. It's because of the Berkowitz's out there that I feel that I should be allowed to have a gun.

David_Berkowitz_prison_mugshot.jpg
I was waiting to see if someone would respond with a Son of Sam reference. LOL

XD40coyote

imported post

A_Berkowitz wrote:

Just a note: on these boards, if you do not reply within the same day with heated style postings, people start thinking "drive- by troll".

Had you asked this stuff face to face, your responses would have been immediate and would have reflected wether or not you are a troll. In person, if you remained civil and didn't go into some sort of temper tantrum, any one of us would have been perfectly fine to converse with you, unless you started saying loony things and acting illogical, in which case there would be no more civil conversing on your part.

Oh and even if you did go into some tirade temper tantrum, so long as you weren't physically attacking anyone, nobody would even touch their guns. However if you are being verbally belligerant and saying threatening things and refusing to leave, an open carrier would at least be calling the cops to report a madman creating a scene.