Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wisconsin open carry motorcycle riders

Post imported post

so when i first started introduced myself here we discovered that there were quite a few riders here. well summer is almost here, so it's time to start riding to open carry events, or having open carry rides.

so post up what you have (pic if you want), your location and lets start getting ready to put on some miles.

I'm in Milwaukee near mitchell airport. Ride a Suzuki Volusia VL800.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Here's mine. She's nothing special, but she's reliable and gets great gas milage. The seat is at the top of this year's list.

1982 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim

Ecclesiastes 10:2 - "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but the fool's heart to the left."

Post imported post

Hey scorpiowe met at the OC litter pick up. I was there with my wife, the one that was very pregnant. I'll try to post a pic of my Honda Shadow when I get home today.

Banned

Post imported post

This is me. I'm always up for a ride...

Post imported post

Hi all, I'm a fellow rider as well. Knees in the breeze with my '98 Harley Wide Glide [OK I'm ingorant on how to post pic!:X] Been in the saddle since I was 12 and have 500K on 6 different bikes.
    Good riding season to all and stay safe....them cagers are blind!

Post imported post

Spartacus wrote:
    i got biker buddies near lacrosse that i'll probably go visit a couple weekends this summer. awesome roads out there.

Post imported post

Griffin1340 wrote:
    Hi all, I'm a fellow rider as well. Knees in the breeze¬* with my '98 Harley Wide Glide [OK I'm ingorant on how to post pic!:X] Been in the saddle since I was 12 and have 500K on 6 different bikes.
    Good riding season to all and stay safe....them cagers are blind!
    is there a walk-through somewhere on this site that shows how to post pics???

where you located griffin???

Post imported post

What equipment is required in WI? In IL it is just some sort of eye shield. Technically you can ride with just the windshield and no glasses, but I always wear some sort of glasses also.

Does WI require a helmet or other gear?

Post imported post

TyGuy wrote:
    What equipment is required in WI?¬* In IL it is just some sort of eye shield.¬* Technically you can ride with just the windshield and no glasses, but I always wear some sort of glasses also.

Does WI require a helmet or other gear?
    only restrictions are on temps. if you have your license, you just need glasses.

if you are on temps, you need a DOT helmet, glasses, no riding after dark unless accompanied by licensed rider of 2 years or more and no 2-up riding unless the passenger is licensed rider of 2 years or more.

Post imported post

This was my last ride. Unfortunately, had to sell it to pay medical bills. Paid for tests actually for Laurra.
    Click pic for larger view.

I loved that bike but love my girl more.

Kawasaki ZRX1200R 120hp out of the box and with a few tweeks, 130-135hp. She was faaaaaaaaaast with 85fps of torque. I never went over 55mph of course. Top speed of 160 or so is just theoretical.

Handled and cornered like a dream.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Post imported post

Top speed of 160 or so is just theoretical.
    Sounds like biker brother. He has never ever thought about let alone broken a law, stretched a rule or dented a regulation but he has a lot of theoretical experiences.
    Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

Post imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
    so when i first started introduced myself here we discovered that there were quite a few riders here. well summer is almost here, so it's time to start riding to open carry events, or having open carry rides.

so post up what you have (pic if you want), your location and lets start getting ready to put on some miles.

I'm in Milwaukee near mitchell airport. Ride a Suzuki Volusia VL800.
    BIG no, no!!!

Can not carry in/on a vehicle in Wisconsin.

Other than that would love to do some rides. As stated before there is a big MC rally in LaCrosse this July 15th/18th. Great roads out that way.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Post imported post

Spartacus wrote:
    Dam...do you have 3 tanks on there? How many miles before fill up?

Post imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
    scorpio_vette wrote:
    BIG no, no!!!

Can not carry in/on a vehicle in Wisconsin.

Other than that would love to do some rides.¬* As stated before there is a big MC rally in LaCrosse this July 15th/18th.¬* Great roads out that way.

ok i'm sorry if i sound a little irritated, but how many more times are people going to correct everything i say to tell me i can't carry while in/on a vehicle. i know that. does one have to pre-chew everything here to make it easier for others to swallow???

by open carry rides i was referring to anything bike and open carry related. such as "ride for open carry", motorcycle rides and open carry when stop somewhere, maybe ride to some members that have land where we can do target practice, or ANYTHING ELSE involving motorcycles AND open carry. i did NOT say open carry WHILE riding.

anyways.....lets keep going with the bike show. would be nice if we could have some events and combine our hobbies.

Post imported post

I bought this one New in 1998. Sold it in 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

if everything goes my way, will buy one of these next year.

2058cc V-Twin , Belt Drive, Fuel injected, Awesomeness:celebrate

2010 Kawasaki 2000 LT $15,995 msrp
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Banned

Post imported post

Shawn wrote:
    Spartacus wrote:
    The small tank in front is for oil. The rear tank is a five gallon tank that I can switch over to on the fly. I can put on 300 miles before I have to fill up.

Post imported post

Spartacus wrote:
    Shawn wrote:
    Spartacus wrote:
    The small tank in front is for oil. The rear tank is a five gallon tank that I can switch over to on the fly. I can put on 300 miles before I have to fill up.
    do you belong to ABATE of WI ? It's a state motorcycle rights org, like WICarry is for open carry rights.

Post imported post

Spartacus wrote:
    Shawn wrote:
    Spartacus wrote:
    Dam...do you have 3 tanks on there?¬* How many miles before fill up?
    why do you need that tank up front for your oil??? doesn't harley have it's own oil tank under the seat somewhere???

Post imported post

Here's mine. 2008 KLR 650 with modified engine. It's got a nice bark to it and is a hoot to ride on fire roads or twisties. I was OC when I wrote this. There, I'm on topic.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

Heres my little racer...I'm soooo hoping that vehicle OC gets changed. A little wind in the hair, and bugs in the muzzle... ahh yes
    <-----Leading by example....while armed

Wisconsin democrats are a tough bunch, and you know what they say-- "when the going gets tough...."

A "No Guns" sign protects me as much as a speed limit sign keeps people from speeding.

Post imported post

IF I did this correctly, the pic should have my V-Star, the bike I ride the most.

Post imported post

All right, it worked. Here's my Vulcan 1500, fast and for sale! Glock 34? I'll deliver??? You know you want it...

Post imported post

But here's my favorite. The TW, the Glock and I go everywhere in the U.P. forest.

Post imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:

by open carry rides i was referring to anything bike and open carry related. such as "ride for open carry", motorcycle rides and open carry when stop somewhere, maybe ride to some members that have land where we can do target practice, or ANYTHING ELSE involving motorcycles AND open carry. i did NOT say open carry WHILE riding.

And firewood and room for you to put your tents and all the sand burrs you want to take with you. Best yet, not a cow pie in the whole field. Just don't shoot up my target frames.
    Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast