• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

wisconsin open carry motorcycle riders

scorpio_vette

imported post

so when i first started introduced myself here we discovered that there were quite a few riders here. well summer is almost here, so it's time to start riding to open carry events, or having open carry rides.

so post up what you have (pic if you want), your location and lets start getting ready to put on some miles.

I'm in Milwaukee near mitchell airport. Ride a Suzuki Volusia VL800.
13932_159869734498_655129498_2790715_6420951_n.jpg

pvtschultz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Here's mine. She's nothing special, but she's reliable and gets great gas milage. The seat is at the top of this year's list.

1982 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim

TyGuy

imported post

Hey scorpiowe met at the OC litter pick up. I was there with my wife, the one that was very pregnant. I'll try to post a pic of my Honda Shadow when I get home today.

Griffin1340

imported post

Hi all, I'm a fellow rider as well. Knees in the breeze with my '98 Harley Wide Glide [OK I'm ingorant on how to post pic!:X] Been in the saddle since I was 12 and have 500K on 6 different bikes.
Good riding season to all and stay safe....them cagers are blind!:cuss:

scorpio_vette

imported post

Spartacus wrote:
This is me. I'm always up for a ride... :cool:

i got biker buddies near lacrosse that i'll probably go visit a couple weekends this summer. awesome roads out there.

scorpio_vette

imported post

Griffin1340 wrote:
Hi all, I'm a fellow rider as well. Knees in the breeze  with my '98 Harley Wide Glide [OK I'm ingorant on how to post pic!:X] Been in the saddle since I was 12 and have 500K on 6 different bikes.
Good riding season to all and stay safe....them cagers are blind!:cuss:

is there a walk-through somewhere on this site that shows how to post pics???

where you located griffin???

TyGuy

imported post

What equipment is required in WI? In IL it is just some sort of eye shield. Technically you can ride with just the windshield and no glasses, but I always wear some sort of glasses also.

Does WI require a helmet or other gear?

scorpio_vette

imported post

TyGuy wrote:
What equipment is required in WI?  In IL it is just some sort of eye shield.  Technically you can ride with just the windshield and no glasses, but I always wear some sort of glasses also.

Does WI require a helmet or other gear?

only restrictions are on temps. if you have your license, you just need glasses.

if you are on temps, you need a DOT helmet, glasses, no riding after dark unless accompanied by licensed rider of 2 years or more and no 2-up riding unless the passenger is licensed rider of 2 years or more.

hardballer

imported post

This was my last ride. Unfortunately, had to sell it to pay medical bills. Paid for tests actually for Laurra.
Click pic for larger view.

I loved that bike but love my girl more.

Kawasaki ZRX1200R 120hp out of the box and with a few tweeks, 130-135hp. She was faaaaaaaaaast with 85fps of torque. I never went over 55mph of course. Top speed of 160 or so is just theoretical. :D

Handled and cornered like a dream.

bigdaddy1

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
so when i first started introduced myself here we discovered that there were quite a few riders here. well summer is almost here, so it's time to start riding to open carry events, or having open carry rides.

so post up what you have (pic if you want), your location and lets start getting ready to put on some miles.

I'm in Milwaukee near mitchell airport. Ride a Suzuki Volusia VL800.
13932_159869734498_655129498_2790715_6420951_n.jpg

BIG no, no!!!

Can not carry in/on a vehicle in Wisconsin.

Other than that would love to do some rides. As stated before there is a big MC rally in LaCrosse this July 15th/18th. Great roads out that way.

scorpio_vette

imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
scorpio_vette wrote:

BIG no, no!!!

Can not carry in/on a vehicle in Wisconsin.

Other than that would love to do some rides.  As stated before there is a big MC rally in LaCrosse this July 15th/18th.  Great roads out that way.

ok i'm sorry if i sound a little irritated, but how many more times are people going to correct everything i say to tell me i can't carry while in/on a vehicle. i know that. does one have to pre-chew everything here to make it easier for others to swallow???

by open carry rides i was referring to anything bike and open carry related. such as "ride for open carry", motorcycle rides and open carry when stop somewhere, maybe ride to some members that have land where we can do target practice, or ANYTHING ELSE involving motorcycles AND open carry. i did NOT say open carry WHILE riding.

anyways.....lets keep going with the bike show. would be nice if we could have some events and combine our hobbies.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

if everything goes my way, will buy one of these next year.

2058cc V-Twin , Belt Drive, Fuel injected, Awesomeness:celebrate

2010 Kawasaki 2000 LT $15,995 msrp

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

Shawn wrote:
Spartacus wrote:
Dam...do you have 3 tanks on there? How many miles before fill up?
The small tank in front is for oil. The rear tank is a five gallon tank that I can switch over to on the fly. I can put on 300 miles before I have to fill up.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Spartacus wrote:
Shawn wrote:
Spartacus wrote:
Dam...do you have 3 tanks on there? How many miles before fill up?
The small tank in front is for oil. The rear tank is a five gallon tank that I can switch over to on the fly. I can put on 300 miles before I have to fill up.
do you belong to ABATE of WI ? It's a state motorcycle rights org, like WICarry is for open carry rights.

scorpio_vette

imported post

Spartacus wrote:
Shawn wrote:
Spartacus wrote:
Dam...do you have 3 tanks on there?  How many miles before fill up?

why do you need that tank up front for your oil??? doesn't harley have it's own oil tank under the seat somewhere???

bluehighways

imported post

Here's mine. 2008 KLR 650 with modified engine. It's got a nice bark to it and is a hoot to ride on fire roads or twisties. I was OC when I wrote this. There, I'm on topic. ;)