• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

wisconsin open carry motorcycle riders

Old Grump

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:

by open carry rides i was referring to anything bike and open carry related. such as "ride for open carry", motorcycle rides and open carry when stop somewhere, maybe ride to some members that have land where we can do target practice, or ANYTHING ELSE involving motorcycles AND open carry. i did NOT say open carry WHILE riding.
And firewood and room for you to put your tents and all the sand burrs you want to take with you. Best yet, not a cow pie in the whole field. Just don't shoot up my target frames.

Abraxxas

imported post

Glad to see so many riders in here! Anybody do the Slimy Crud Run? Here's the current favorite of my collection :) Also have a '00 ZX12R, a '79 Yamaha XS650 thats getting hardtailed and a '92 GSXR 1100. Motorcycles are a disease, kind of like guns!!

DSC_0012sized.jpg

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Cobbersmom wrote:
All right, it worked. Here's my Vulcan 1500, fast and for sale! Glock 34? I'll deliver??? You know you want it...
how much ? :cool: I had those air cleaners removed, replaced with the K&N filters that went under the tank , the pipes on mine where Cobra shotguns , no baffles. Loud as any loud Harley. yup had my needled buried. Ahhhh the good ole days.

scorpio_vette

imported post

Old Grump wrote:

And firewood and room for you to put your tents and all the sand burrs you want to take with you.  Best yet, not a cow pie in the whole field.   Just don't shoot up my target frames. 

you have offered once before, and once again i thank you for the offer. some of my biker buddies and me do quite a bit of riding and will often disappear for an entire weekend or more. i have already told a couple of them about your offer, and we would like to make that a destination this summer. i will contact you when we're looking for a nice ride destination.

as for the forum, perhaps we could have a open carry/target shooting event at old grump if he so pleases, and we could all ride to his place.

Cobbersmom

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Cobbersmom wrote:
All right, it worked. Here's my Vulcan 1500, fast and for sale! Glock 34? I'll deliver??? You know you want it...
how much ? :cool:
$1200 OBO, needs some kind of gasket but not the bad kind. Ok I know you don't want it but I have to try!
Sure is fun to ride, so much faster than my V Star.

scorpio_vette

imported post

looks like we got a nice group of bikes coming together in this thread. lets keep this going and find all the bikes, so we can have events.

and Glock34. take that bike from Cobbersmom. you know you want it, and you NEED it. next year is to late to buy a bike. you need to start riding this year again. :lol::lol::lol:

M

McX

imported post

pictures? i ain't got no steenking pictures. what i got is a 79 suzuki gs850 shaft, full dress. son rides a 81 gs850 shaft L series. i doubt at my age i would be up much for any real riding, but once summer comes, and the tour riders start, pm me, and you can stop to visit us up at the camper, and take a break while you do the tour route.

scorpio_vette

imported post

McX wrote:
pictures? i ain't got no steenking pictures. what i got is a 79 suzuki gs850 shaft, full dress. son rides a 81 gs850 shaft L series. i doubt at my age i would be up much for any real riding, but once summer comes, and the tour riders start, pm me, and you can stop to visit us up at the camper, and take a break while you do the tour route.

what is your definition of "real riding"??? i ride just about every which way you can depending on who i'm with and what the group feels like. sometimes it'll only be 20miles, sometimes it'll be 300+. all depends on the moment.

and don't give me this "at my age" crap. last bike rally i was at, one of the guys rode over 1,000 miles just to see his friends for one evening, and then had to ride back in time for work the following day. LOL he was in his 60's. and there were plenty of 40's+ that had ridden for hundreds and thousands of miles to hang out and ride some more.

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
why do you need that tank up front for your oil??? doesn't harley have it's own oil tank under the seat somewhere???
I installed a high performance Ultima El Bruto engine so I had to make a few modifications. This particular model of HD is a '87 FXR which had the oil tank and the tiny battery stuffed together under the seat. The battery was so small that it barely turned over the new high compression engine so now I have I have a large gel cell battery under the seat and the larger oil tank in front with the red oil coolers to handle the higher heat from the engine.

The guys that do the deep engine work on my bike call it the GMC (Galactic Mega Cruiser) lol.

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

'04 Harley V-rod with a couple tweeks, dyno'ed at 120hp/80tq to the rear.

Is an unloaded, encased gun ok in a backpack when on the bike?

I don't get to ride much anymore as it's hard to strap a kids seat onto a bike (I tried it once just to get a rise out of the wife, and did not drive anywhere). At least my 5 year old is big enough now to reach the pegs so I got her a good helmet andhave taken her around the block a few times. She loves it!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
looks like we got a nice group of bikes coming together in this thread. lets keep this going and find all the bikes, so we can have events.

and Glock34. take that bike from Cobbersmom. you know you want it, and you NEED it. next year is to late to buy a bike. you need to start riding this year again. :lol::lol::lol:
lol, I am going to wait. :D

Teej

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
ok i'm sorry if i sound a little irritated, but how many more times are people going to correct everything i say to tell me i can't carry while in/on a vehicle. i know that. does one have to pre-chew everything here to make it easier for others to swallow???
You know what you meant. Most of us know what you meant.

Drive-by readers of the forum don't know what you mean. ("Hey, I can carry on my bike? awesome!")

Media doesn't know what you mean. ("Look, he's advocating breaking the law!")

How's a non-regular supposed to know the difference between an OC garbage pickup and an OC ride?

Unfortunately yes, pre-chewing is in order.

scorpio_vette

imported post

Brendon .45 wrote:
'04 Harley V-rod with a couple tweeks, dyno'ed at 120hp/80tq to the rear.

Is an unloaded, encased gun ok in a backpack when on the bike? 

it's one of those gray areas. but as you know (and can see), there isn't any storage on your bike, and depending on each bike, there is anywhere from no storage, to very little storage. so if you ask "most" bikers, they'll say that as long as it's unloaded and encased, then it's ok. if you wonder about the "out of reach" part (that is another largely debated gray area), then try it. you'll realize that almost any storage on a bike is out of reach. there are very few that can reach/open/retrieve anything from their backpacks, saddle backs or trunks while on a bike.

Another way to look at it is like this. there is NO LAW stating that you MUST OWN a car. so your motorcycle might very well be your only method of transportation. There is also NO LAW saying that you must transport a firearm in a 4-wheeled vehicle.

so lets say you purchased a gun from gander mountain and waited your 48hours and now want to go pick it up. you ONLY own a bike. are they trying to tell you that you can't lawfully pick up your purchased gun because you down own a 4-wheeled vehicle???
Yeah i'd like to see somebody standing in court with that argument.

Unload, encase, store in your backpack/saddlebag/trunk, ride on.

Griffin1340

imported post

ROOK WI!
Nice ride! I had a '82 Virago back in the mid '80s that I bought brand spankin new:cool:. I had about 95k+ on it when I sold it off to some dip sh*t who took it apart and has it scattered all around his basement.

Scorpio vette.....central Columbia County. North of the Peoples Rebublik of Madison.
See you in the breeze!:celebrate

Old Grump

imported post

as for the forum, perhaps we could have a open carry/target shooting event at old grump if he so pleases, and we could all ride to his place.

As long as you don't mind a dinosaur in your midst shooting too. Just try not to show me up to bad on my own range. :)

I'll try to keep a leash on my brother, he'll want to saddle up and show you everything there is to see within 60 miles of the homestead. He just retired from his bikers club because when a ride was scheduled he was one of 2 or 3 that showed up and he got tired of being the only biker in a biker club.