• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks protest

Dave Workman

imported post

KIRO has been broadcasting all morning (Wednesday) that the Brady Bunch and CeaseFire are going to be handing out pamphlets and demonstrating against Starbucks at the company's stockholder's meeting at the Seattle Center.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
KIRO has been broadcasting all morning (Wednesday) that the Brady Bunch and CeaseFire are going to be handing out pamphlets and demonstrating against Starbucks at the company's stockholder's meeting at the Seattle Center.
Let them. Starbucks announced a first ever cash divedend! Perhaps Starbucks will release a press release thanking OCDO and BB for the $5 mil. in free advertising! Or maybe several high profile stockholders will show up and open carry!

gsx1138

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
BigT wrote:
Why am I not surprised by this?

Well, let's start with the fact that you're a reasonably intelligent adult.

...And they're not.

;)
:lol:

Anyone ever see the Penn and Teller Bullsh!t where they made up a fake petition at an environmental rally trying to ban H2O. This kind of reminds me of that. Don't question their message because they are so earnest in trying to sell you on something.

FMCDH

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
I'm sure all5 of them that show upwill be quite convincing. :quirky

Dave Workman

imported post

Okay, Okay...

Time for the courtesy laugh:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

After all, what they are REALLY after is continued face time on television pushing this gun ban agenda...and they will likely get it.

Don't get over-confident

DEROS72

imported post

Let them.I would be willing to bet Starbucks is getting a little annoyed at these folks trying to dictate their policy.Thats why we should just leave it be so as not to give the appearence we are trying to influence.It sounds as if they are just going to stand their ground and follow state law as they have indicated.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

Protesting....against Starbucks....in Seattle....

Anyone else see the irony here. They're just making themselves look stupid, now. Leave 'em be. Maybe they'll send a couple more people our way by mistake. :celebrate

antispam540

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
We should also honor Starbuck's wishes to not get dragged into the gun control controversy and not do anything. We should honor everybody's wishes to not do anything.
Except buy more overpriced coffee! Which I will do.

DEROS72

imported post

Shows how irrelevent they are becoming because people arn't buying their crap anymore.If we just go about our everday life and leave it be they will just fizzle out.

FMCDH

imported post

Bobarino wrote:
I'm sure all5 of them that show upwill be quite convincing. :quirky

kiro radio was reporting a whole three, yes count them three, "protesters" out there this morning.
Wow, I gave them too much credit. :what:;)

DEROS72

imported post

Precisely and folks seeing us around will realize we are not the crazed gun owners that they try to make us out to be.

amzbrady

imported post

Saw Ralph Falacio putting starbuck down in an interview he did. I'm sure Starbucks loves hearing how bad Ceasfire thinksStarbucks is running THEIR business.