• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks protest

swatspyder

imported post

Iopencarry wrote:
oh believe me I know that. lol very active in the Eastbay Open carry. and Norcal open carry.

I just wanted an update on the bb outside the headquarters. no news down here about it yet.
"This is about no guns," one activist said. "We don't want loaded guns in our Starbucks stores."
But investor Richard Harrigill said: "All Starbucks is saying is we're going to abide by the law. If it's good, it's good."

Some stockholders would prefer the company to keep guns out.
"I'd be very scared to see somebody walk in with a gun," said Marlene Stachan. "I wouldn't know what they're going to do with it."

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/89024637.html

Only 3 people were there to protest. No worries.

n16ht5

imported post

swatspyder wrote

Some stockholders would prefer the company to keep guns out.
"I'd be very scared to see somebody walk in with a gun," said Marlene Stachan. "I wouldn't know what they're going to do with it."

[/quote]

"But if I didn't see it id feel all warm and snuggly and fuzzy inside because no bad guys would hide their gun"

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Another report on it.

Dividend, protesters greet Starbucks shareholders

It's interesting that all the reports that I have found mention that the protesters are there, but say nothing about their pitiful numbers.

I loved this quote from the above article:

Some of the shareholders said they believe the protest is a joke and the company can adopt whatever policy it wants. "I don't get involved in that," said one man on his way in the door

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

With out the pro gun group there was not enough interest in making a story.

Starbucks had requested to be left out of the gun control controversy and behold look who does not respect others rights? :cool: but want to shove it down everyone's throat :cuss:

DEROS72

imported post

I think with us NOT being their did wonders for our image with Starbucks as was noted we are not the ones still trying to dictate their company policy and showed respect for their wishes in the matter.

Bobarino

imported post

That's exactly what i was thinking, Deros. i don't understand how these nuts cannot grasp the concept of; if you want someone to do something for you, don't pi$$ them off.

Richard6218

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
We should also honor Starbuck's wishes to not get dragged into the gun control controversy and not do anything. We should honor everybody's wishes to not do anything.
Absolutely the best thing we could do.If these idiots want to come out and make fools of themselves, let them do it without any opposition. Best of all would be that NONE of us is there. And the drive-bys will more likely ignore them as well, if there's no conflict to report. (But then maybe they'll report it anyway -- if it gives them something negative about us to report)

44Brent

imported post

Press release from the Brady Campaign to promote bigotry.
http://www.stockhouse.com/News/USReleasesDetail.aspx?n=7675900

Starbucks CEO in a Grande Gaffe: Tells Shareholders Incorrectly 'It's Unlawful for the Gun to be Loaded'
Starbucks Corp
SBUX | 3/24/2010 5:06:00 PM

SEATTLE, March 24, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ --
The Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Starbucks Coffee Company, responding to shareholder questions at the company's annual meeting about Starbucks' policy of allowing firearms to be carried into its stores, erred seriously in his answer to the questions.

CEO Howard Schultz said that only unloaded guns could be brought into Starbucks stores. That is untrue. Only two of the states that permit "open carry" of firearms require the guns to be unloaded. All other states that allow "open carry" allow loaded guns to be carried.

In all, three questions were asked, and one comment made, about the company's permissive guns policy. Mr. Schultz asked his public relations staff to answer the first, but then he responded to the second and third. Both times, he said the law only allowed unloaded guns.

"Starbucks has been saying its policy just follows state law," said Paul Helmke, President of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "Not only does Starbucks have the legal right to keep guns out of its stores, but Mr. Schultz apparently does not know that most states allow the guns to be loaded. Once Mr. Schultz realizes how dangerous Starbucks' policy really is, we hope he will act immediately to change it."

The Brady Campaign launched a petition online in February, in partnership with CREDO Action, asking Americans to urge Starbucks to bar guns from its stores. So far more than 34,000 have signed. The Brady Campaign has also posted videos related to the Starbucks issue on its YouTube page. View them at http://www.youtube.com/bradycampaign#p/a/u/0/aStG6cWyF2Y.

Volunteers with Washington Ceasefire and the Washington Million Mom March Chapters distributed information about the company's gun policy this morning to shareholders arriving for the meeting.

More information about "open carry," including which states allow it, is at www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/gunlobbybacked/opencarryguns.

As the nation's largest, non-partisan, grassroots organization leading the fight to prevent gun violence, the Brady Campaign, with its dedicated network of Million Mom March Chapters, works to enact and enforce sensible gun laws, regulations and public policies. The Brady Campaign is devoted to creating an America free from gun violence, where all Americans are safe at home, at school, at work, and in our communities.

Visit the Brady Campaign website at www.bradycampaign.org. For continuing insight and comment on the gun issue, read Paul Helmke's blog at www.bradycampaign.org/blog/.

SOURCE Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

DEROS72

imported post

He was probably referring to Cali.since thats where this mostly started.So just let it go and go about your days.Fachetelli and co. looked pretty pathetic today and still are trying to bully them into their view.Wer'e not.People will notice that.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

The incident in which the issue hit the news was in California where you cannot carry a loaded gun openly, all he did was just misspoke.

So let us not make a big issue of it, leave it for the anti's to chew on.

Is it really that big of an issue! :banghead:

amzbrady

imported post

you would think for the positions the Ralph Falacy has held, he would do a little better with public speaking and be a little more collected when in front of the camera.