• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going shooting today.

Batousaii

imported post

My wife and I will be at Tacoma Sportsman's club on canyon road. We will joining Jgross85 and his wife too. It should e fun. We are bringing a GP100, Vaquero, CZ-75, AR15, AK47, and .22 blot action. Jgross85 is bringing a selection as well. It will be my wife's first time with a rifle too, should prove fun. Sorry on late notice, but anyone is welcome to come, bring your guns and ammo for some fun. We will likely be there most of the day, think the close at 4:30 today, but with nice weather who knows, maybe they'll stay open <crosses fingers>... we should be there around 11am, it's my first time at this range, but i hear it's nice - 200 meter targets -works (wishing for 600m for my real long guns)

http://www.tacomassportsmensclub.com/Default.aspx 10 bucks a head unless your a member, i assume they sell targets and ammo, but not 100% sure.

- We will post some pics when we get home ;)

:dude:Bat

amzbrady

imported post

Too far for this unemployed guy. Thats all my wife likes to shoot is rifle. I bought her and marlin 10/22 she likes it, but I didnt do my research. I figured all the 10/22 would have about the same accessories. Boy was I wrong, the Marlin is like a stepchild compared to ruger. She used to love to shoot my Bro in laws Ruger with the 50 bananananana clip. She loved the rapid fire shooting at Rieter pit and startup trash dump.

Batousaii

imported post

It was a blast - literally - The day started with a car full of firearms, and I OC'd the vaquero to Fred Meyers to grab somerange snacks and refreshments. Then to McDonald's forquick breakfast were i met a good gentleman out the door, commented "Nice job on the open carry". He mentioned he usually un-tucks his shirt, where i replied with "you don't have to :)" -After asking if i got much grief, and me mentioning the 90% good encounters, he then tucked his shirt back in and about his way after a good conversation and handshake - a very cool way to start the day. At last, we gotto the rangearound 10:30 and finally out around 5pm. We did grab a few pics, but honestly were having so much fun we almost forgot to usecamera. lol. My wife is a helluva shot, and the range master kept complimenting her on shooting. We started he day with the .22 bolt, then shot the CAR-15, and AK. cutest sniperI ever seen. We both really liked the new XM-177E2 (CAR-15), and of course the AK too. Around 3pm we moved over the the pistol range. My wife again impressive, She is a wizard with that .357 mag. Mostly shot .38 specials through it, but she was nailing the center ring,just likewith the .22 bolt. The vaquero performed admirably, and the new Keith-Black rounds (255 grain @ 1000 fps) were impressive without being too intense. Perfect for a defense load even if it is a LFN round. It's still throwing Volkswagens out the barrel, so i am sure it'll get the message across. The CZ-75 felt great with it's new spring set and was smoother than I ever felt it. Only about 60 rounds through the CZ-75 with various ammo - butno jams, YaY! All firearms functioned perfectly - very happy camper here.

That night, after the range, we got home and cleaned up the revolvers (those are our defense guns) and we will be cleaning the rest over the next couple days. We then got our selves cleaned up, and went out for Dinner, i of course OC'd the newly cleaned Vaquero, and we went to our local Mexican restaurant, very good food there, pleasant service. The day was absolutely awesome.

P.S. to amzbrady - hilarious :p i think the name of the place is "Puerta Viarta" (spelling).

amzbrady

imported post

That night, after the range, we got home and cleaned up the revolvers (those are our defense guns) and we will be cleaning the rest over the next couple days. We then got our selves cleaned up, and went out for Dinner, i of course OC'd the newly cleaned Vaquero, and we went to our local Mexican restaurant, very good food there, pleasant service. The day was absolutely awesome.
Looks like fun, And good eats.