• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Americas "Safety Catch"

CUOfficer

imported post

Wait till you get to London Texas, or Glasgow Montana, or Oxford Mississippi or Virgin Utah, for that matter, where every household is required by local ordinance to possess a gun.

--My favorite part!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mine too! I didn't know all those places had those great ordinances. The story is a bit old but I thought very well written, especially by a Brit living here in the U.S.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LOL! True. Doug WOULD know that! :dude:

Gotta hand it to the man. He knows his stuff and can always back up what he prints!
:shock:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
In this article may be the first mention, certainly that I recall, of two hundred million (200,000,000 = 2 x 10^8) guns in circulation in the USA. I recall eighty-three million.
You might be thinking of 83 million gun OWNERS. Because that's sounds about right for figures that I recall.

hunter9mm

imported post

Hmmm...That's a LOT of guns....

Guess he was right!!!!!

Independence-1.jpg

Fallschirjmäger

imported post

CUOfficer wrote:
Wait till you get to London Texas, or Glasgow Montana, or Oxford Mississippi or Virgin Utah, for that matter, where every household is required by local ordinance to possess a gun.

--My favorite part!
I can't believe they completely left out Kennesaw, Georgia which has had a mandatory firearms ownership since way back in 1982. I feel slighted :(

Archangel

imported post

CUOfficer wrote:

--My favorite part!
You forgot Kennesaw, GA.

One of my favorite places.