• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you carry while you Jog/run?

BreakingTheMold

imported post

Does anyone have a good setup for running or jogging? I carry full size when I'm hiking, but then it's hardly noticeable(the weight). But i have never tried to take it with me jogging, because elastic waste bands don't offer many options.

Doesnt matter if its a revolver or semi auto. but the caliber does make a bit of a difference, no 25s or smaller. An opinion on ruger/keltec/derringers would be appreciated as well

Holsters are slightly less important, as i can make one easily. But advice on that issue is still greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all.

sevenplusone

imported post

I would think a Smith and Wesson J-Frame in some sort of a lightweight variety could be made to work with a cheap clip-on style holster. I'm guessing it would work easily even with elastic waste bands.

Otherwise, lots of people in the world swear by Kel-tecs and one of those in 9mm would be potent and will work well for your intended purpose.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have run a marathon and trained for it in the past. What I used to carry was my Keltec P32 and have undershirt with pouches stiched under each arm. I started with a belly band holster, but it had toomuch movement. The shirt was great, occasioanlly I carried a Bersa .380 in it, but the light weight Keltec was best.

http://www.kramerleather.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=65&categoryID=21