• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Pics

r1dramma

imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
im likin the cz alot
Thank you sir, I hit the range around noon today with the CZput 150 rnds down range with no problems and 200 thru the 5.7 and 50 thru theLCP 380 rnds are so damn hard to find and expensive also,so I have to pace myself with it!!!!:)

Dutch1911

imported post

Dutch from Boise, Id. here...

Nothing quite like Milt Sparks Leather...

Holster on the top left is Elephant, belt and mag pouch is shark, holster on right is horse and shark.

Colt 1911 Series 70... "Extreme Combat" Custom.

DSCN0269.jpg

groovedrummer

imported post

@Dutch1911

Its good to see some more series 70 love on here....I was starting to feel pretty lonely :)

Dutch1911

imported post

Only love for this fine weapon could have driven me to spend the amount I did over the last few years on the custom work and the fine custom leather from Milt Sparks.

It is my opinion that something that means so much to me... deserves to reside in something more than plastic.

Dutch1911

1/*

groovedrummer

imported post

brokenbarrel wrote:
ItTakesAWolf wrote:
marrero jeff wrote:
is that an fn 5seven on the left?
Unfortunately :/

I really dont understand the 5.7x28 following....

whatever.
its an ugly gun but if you get attacked by a BG in body armor it'll take care of the situation pretty well.......

lol ya I forgot about all those crazy crack heads robbing people while wearing body armor and ballistic helmets...

with inner city self defense, I go out of my way to AVOID over penetration...I try to make the biggest hole possible, dump ALL the energy and hope it doesn't come out the other side...the 5.7 is a tiny little bullet moving really really fast...its designed specifically to defeat armor with military/LE loads...and it is the exact opposite of what ive been chasing in a self defense caliber for so long.

I dont know about you, but I dont run into too many thugs in a bad neighborhood looking to ruff someone up that are THAT prepared to encounter resistance to the point that they strap on vests.... or people that are desperate enough to try to rob me that can afford to buy and keep body armor....seems like a gun that would excel in a pretty specific AMAZINGLY unlikely scenario...

I think there are much more appropriate calibers out there for that application.

meh forget I even said anything...id rather die than debate this 5.7 thing again...

r1dramma

imported post

cabbitone wrote:
ItTakesAWolf wrote:
brokenbarrel wrote:
ItTakesAWolf wrote:
marrero jeff wrote:
is that an fn 5seven on the left?
Unfortunately :/

I really dont understand the 5.7x28 following....

whatever.
its an ugly gun but if you get attacked by a BG in body armor it'll take care of the situation pretty well.......

lol ya I forgot about all those crazy crack heads robbing people while wearing body armor and ballistic helmets...

with inner city self defense, I go out of my way to AVOID over penetration...I try to make the biggest hole possible, dump ALL the energy and hope it doesn't come out the other side...the 5.7 is a tiny little bullet moving really really fast...its designed specifically to defeat armor with military/LE loads...and it is the exact opposite of what ive been chasing in a self defense caliber for so long.

I dont know about you, but I dont run into too many thugs in a bad neighborhood looking to ruff someone up that are THAT prepared to encounter resistance to the point that they strap on vests.... or people that are desperate enough to try to rob me that can afford to buy and keep body armor....seems like a gun that would excel in a pretty specific AMAZINGLY unlikely scenario...

I think there are much more appropriate calibers out there for that application.

meh forget I even said anything...id rather die than debate this 5.7 thing again...
http://www.brassfetcher.com/5.7x28mm.html
^ I wouldn't worry about over penetration with the civi round, maybe even worry about under penetration.
I'd still rather trust my life to my .45ACP or .50GI
[font=TimesNewRoman,Bold,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Actual Shootings [/font]
[align=left][font="TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman,Times,serif"]In the authors’ ongoing study of violence against law enforcement officers, they have examined several cases where officers used large-caliber hand guns with limited effect displayed by the offenders. In one case, the subject attacked the officer with a knife. The officer shot the individual four times in the chest; then, his weapon malfunctioned. The offender continued to walk toward the officer. After the officer cleared his weapon, he fired again and struck the subject in the chest. [/font][font="TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman,Times,serif"]Only then did the offender drop the knife. This individual was hit five times with 230-grain, .45-caliber hollow-point ammunition and never fell to the ground. The offender later stated, “The wounds felt like bee stings.” [/font][/align]
[align=left][font="TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman,Times,serif"]In another case, officers fired six .40-caliber, hollow-point rounds at a subject who pointed a gun at them. Each of the six rounds hit the individual with no visible effect. The seventh round severed his spinal cord, and the offender fell to the ground, dropping his weapon. This entire firefight was captured by several officers’ in-car video cameras. [/font][/align]
[align=left][font="TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman,Times,serif"]In a final case, the subject shot the victim officer in the chest with a handgun and fled. The officer, wearing a bullet-resistant vest, returned gunfire. The officer’s partner observed the incident and also fired at the offender. Subsequent investigation determined that the individual was hit 13 times and, yet, ran several blocks to a gang member’s house. He later said, “I was so scared by all those shots; it sounded like the Fourth of July.” Again, according to the subject, his wounds “only started to hurt when I woke up in the hospital.” The officers had used 9-millimeter, department-issued ammunition. The surviving officers re ported that they felt vulnerable. [/font][/align]
[font="TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman,Times,serif"]They wondered if they had done some thing wrong that caused their injury or placed them in the proximity of physical danger. They also wondered if they would react differently if faced with a similar situation.[/font]

r1dramma

imported post

Cabbitone have you tried Elite Ammunition S4?

That's what i keep in the 5.7 and the post wasn't really directed @ you sir,I apologize!:)

t33j

imported post

I just want to say,
your beard, your hat and your hair
are ******* awesome.

And that's my Haiku for the day.