• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Pics

brokenbarrel

imported post

Porter N wrote:
I shot some critical defense into Phonebooks with pretty dang good expansion
yeah,ya gotta look out for that yellow pages gang..its like they know where u live;I moved came out the door and there they were again and its almost never just one...:uhoh:

Nikki_Black

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States
imported post

brokenbarrel wrote:
Porter N wrote:
I shot some critical defense into Phonebooks with pretty dang good expansion
yeah,ya gotta look out for that yellow pages gang..its like they know where u live;I moved came out the door and there they were again and its almost never just one...:uhoh:
Haha.
I once had to take out an entire mob of yellowpage gangmembers.

Kingfish

imported post

brokenbarrel wrote:
On Saturday the wife was at work so I was at home unsupervised. After finishing my chores I was out on the deck having some tea and a smoke when I heard someone coming up the driveway. I stepped inside the front door and retrieved my pistol, stepped outside and held it behind my back. A guy is walking up the driveway carrying a small orange plastic bag with something in it. He says something when he is about 10 yards away but I did not hear what he said. He came up to the gate on the deck, lifts up the bag and says "phone book" and drops the bag on the deck. I just nod at him but as soon as the bag hit the deck my 2 Great Danes came running out the door barking (one of them is 130 lbs.) I have never seen anyone move as fast as he did.

Broondog

imported post

well i finally got around to taking a pic of one of my OC rigs. this is just my farm one, nuthin' special. i never have a camera handy when i'm wearing a Serpa.

the revolver is a 4 inch S&W Mdl 28-2 wearing Hogue stocks. just for snakes and such. ;) i do keep an extra speed loader of snake shot and another with Silver Tips handy.

S6300411.jpg

DragonLW

Well...I'm in NY, so we don't OC here (NY sucks, BTW...) but for when I visit relatives outside of the state and that state allows OC, this is what I wear...

All leather, with Python Skin inlay. Looks great, and the perfect BBQ holster, or a holster that really is a bit more upscale.

Attachments

• DL_Classic_XD_python2.jpg
    DL_Classic_XD_python2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 180

simmonsjoe

Dreamer is right.

Dreamer wrote:

What are you talking about?

finger placement isnt much of a "technique" when it comes to the serpa...its just where your finger ends up after pushing the button...

with the serpa, your pretty much doing it right as long as you dont go out of your way to do it wrong.

And I must have missed something...when did glock owners as a whole start drawing there pistols wrong??? that was about the most random drive by ive ever seen...
Unlike the 1911, the Glock's higher beavertail means the finger, when straight, is naturally on the frame. (as it SHOULD be.) However, when gripping a glock, you have to bend your trigger finger down a bunch. (unlike 1911, whose beavertail lines up with top of trigger). Many glockers will typically adapt a grip so that they always have their finger bent down(assisted by the extreme grip angle), and instead of lining the trigger along the frame, they line it on the bulky trigger guard. When using the Serpa holster, some Glockers get in the habit of pushing in on the release tab, while simultaneously pushing down, to reposition their finger. The hazards of this are obvious.

It was not a drive by on Glockers. You just need to understand the complete system. For many Glockers the Serpa is inappropriate. That is OK because most Glockers who put their finger low, keep their thumb in a high/forward position. This means the ALS retention from Safariland works well for them, as the action of releasing leaves your thumb in the high/forward position.

P.S. - When drawing from a Serpa, using a low finger method is bad.

P.P.S. - I totally understand your confusion, ItTakesAWolf. I see your carrying a 1911. I recently switched from 1911 to a Glock and learned all this stuff. There are [STRIKE]pros and cons[/STRIKE] different challenges to the low bore axis on the Glock.

Last edited:

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
Well...I'm in NY, so we don't OC here (NY sucks, BTW...) but for when I visit relatives outside of the state and that state allows OC, this is what I wear...

All leather, with Python Skin inlay. Looks great, and the perfect BBQ holster, or a holster that really is a bit more upscale.

Bit too flashy for me.

Dreamer

Actually, I like that, as a BBQ holster. Where did you get it? Something like that would look mighty fine holding my Para on a warm evening at the grill on the deck...

DragonLW

I tried doing one once, as a prototype, where there was a mag loop, so to speak, on the belt flap. Worked well, held both the gun and mag nicely...but...

There's always a *but*....

With everything on the right side, you have to reach across with your left hand to retrieve a fresh mag. Not very efficient. Tried making a cross-draw Fugly, but the cant of the gun needs to be rearward, so that a cross-draw is comfortable. Now the problem is that it can only be worn cross-draw.

So, I decided to stay away from trying to incorporate a mag holder into the Fugly. Mag holders are plentiful and VERY inexpensive, as most of them nowadays are made in China or Taiwan, using very cheap labor...which is why I can't compete with bulk imports that are churned out on automated machines, when my work is hand-sewn.

Thats not to say that I won't sew in a mag loop on the belt flap...the flap would be a bit longer (horizontally) so that a loop could be sewn on the forward edge of the flap, just forward of the front belt slot. That way, the mag is positioned as close to the front of your body as possible.

Just specify it during checkout, and I'll sew in the loop for free.

Thanks for asking!

DragonLW

Last edited:

Las Vegan

Kel-Tec P11 with 15-round mag carried in a JBP Sleeping Dog open muzzle pancake holster with an adjustable thumb break. Comfortable, well made, good looking, secure, and only 40 bucks plus another four and a half bucks for shipping.

IMG_00101.jpg

Dreamer

I was sort of hoping this thread was going to be a place for pics of people actually OCing in public places--preferably easily recognizeable places like National Parks, or in front of famous buildings, or City signs, or something like that.

Not a bunch of pics of the close-up profiles of guys tuchas's with a gun on their hip...

I don't mean nothin' by that... I'm just sayin'...

Broondog

I was sort of hoping this thread was going to be a place for pics of people actually OCing in public places--preferably easily recognizeable places like National Parks, or in front of famous buildings, or City signs, or something like that.

Not a bunch of pics of the close-up profiles of guys tuchas's with a gun on their hip...

I don't mean nothin' by that... I'm just sayin'...

yeah, one would think that wouldn't they?

as for me, i'm most always alone so unless i get an anti to take my pic.....

others may have better results with what you seek.

Las Vegan

Well... my pic is from the Erik Scott vigil. About 200 or so folks in public, a great many of whom were OCing. Can I help it if the photographer wanted a close-up of my rear end?

:lol:

Last edited:

jahwarrior

Taurus PT1911 in a SERPA
28449_116078975081891_100000393676842_164317_3070759_n.jpg

the same, but with custom grips
11431_194113797253_741752253_4471210_4733627_n.jpg

S&W SW9VE (Sigma) in a SERPA
25080_375377447253_741752253_5467183_3741690_n.jpg

Last edited: