• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MSNBC POLL to hit

okboomer

imported post

:lol:Running 76% in favor of "I would feel safe"

Couldn't get to the 'background reading' through the link they provided to see what they were linking to ... back to try again.

jgregel

imported post

Its absolutely amazing that so many people believe that gun owners are time bombs waiting to go off and all we want to do is kill and intimidate others.

I know that for me, carrying a gun has made me more courteous and respectful of others. I am less likely to engage in an argument with someone in public because I carry a gun. I'll stand my ground when need be but its easier just to walk away from jerks.

John

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

tekshogun wrote:
I would like to point out, that while getting your vote in is a good thing, read this article, it is very interesting and perhaps a good read...

Here is one thing I read:
“We think that states issuing (permits) to non-residents is bad policy,” Rand said. “It’s a way for people to get (permits) despite not being able to qualify in their own state, sometimes because of a criminal history.” For instance, some states count only criminal convictions against an applicant, while others may take arrest records into account.

Are there really states that will deny you for being arrested with no conviction? Anyone can be arrested for any reason, and be later found totally innocent. In fact sometimes people get arrested only because the officers misunderstood the law.

Dahwg

imported post

Haven't seen anyone post this interesting paragraph from the article: :lol:

“Firearms in the hands of law abiding citizens prevent 1 million robberies, murders and rapes every year,” said John Pierce, a Virginia-based gun-rights activist with opencarry.org. That’s at least partly due to the huge increase in “shall-issue” states, which has been “the most significant beneficial public policy move in my lifetime,” said the 41-year-old Pierce.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Dahwg wrote:
Haven't seen anyone post this interesting paragraph from the article: :lol:

“Firearms in the hands of law abiding citizens prevent 1 million robberies, murders and rapes every year,” said John Pierce, a Virginia-based gun-rights activist with opencarry.org. That’s at least partly due to the huge increase in “shall-issue” states, which has been “the most significant beneficial public policy move in my lifetime,” said the 41-year-old Pierce.
That ^

Yata hey

gsx1138

imported post

jgregel wrote:
Its absolutely amazing that so many people believe that gun owners are time bombs waiting to go off and all we want to do is kill and intimidate others.

John

It is more a statement about them as anyone else. I think subconsciously they know how they would act so they believe everyone else would do the same.