• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How Safe Do You Feel Knowing People Are Carrying Guns?

M

McX

imported post

done. last i checked it was 79% feel safe, 17% would rather be victims.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

As I open carry I think about how many people around me support what we are doing and how many hate it and want it stopped. This poll and others like it about open carry show (to me anyway) that most of us Americans respect the right to keep and bear arms.

scorpio_vette

imported post

since it's been getting nicer out, i've been spending more time outside with my little boy, and am always open carrying. i also don't "dress to hide". some days i'll wear a black shirt, other days i'll wear a bright red shirt.

in the last week i've stood and talked with at least 4 neighbors while walking with my boy, and i know that they all saw my gun. it's plainly visible. not a single one of them said anything about it, or gave me any negative vibes.

they also all know that i've been burglarized TWICE. so i don't know if that influences their mindset at all or not. but so far i haven't gotten any crap from my neighbors.

Mlutz

imported post

Well I have to tell you, you guys are lucky that no one says anything. I have been threatened by co workers for even saying I OC OUTSIDE of work. Feel pretty good about my job after that...

Gordo

imported post

why is it that every anti-gunner is irrational and ill informed. I swear these people lack intelligence and common sense.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Wow, your co-workers threatened you for "saying" you open carry? That is surely a mental disorder.

So not only do they not believe in the 2nd Amendment and want you to NOT exercise it they also do not want you to exercise your 1st Amendment right by silencing you for saying you open carry.

I walk my dogs in my neighborhood 5 times a day and I am always armed (openly and legally of course). I often speak to my neighbors and yesterday I met a new neighbor, her dog and her son. We spoke for a few minutes about the dogs and she did notice my Glock. Didn't say a word, didn't go running off like a crazy woman.

Mlutz

imported post

rcawdor57 wrote:
Wow, your co-workers threatened you for "saying" you open carry? That is surely a mental disorder.

So not only do they not believe in the 2nd Amendment and want you to NOT exercise it they also do not want you to exercise your 1st Amendment right by silencing you for saying you open carry.

I walk my dogs in my neighborhood 5 times a day and I am always armed (openly and legally of course). I often speak to my neighbors and yesterday I met a new neighbor, her dog and her son. We spoke for a few minutes about the dogs and she did notice my Glock. Didn't say a word, didn't go running off like a crazy woman.
The worst one is a pretty avid hunter, and grew up on a farm. I just do not understand what the problem is...

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Mlutz wrote:
Well I have to tell you, you guys are lucky that no one says anything. I have been threatened by co workers for even saying I OC OUTSIDE of work. Feel pretty good about my job after that...
What sort of threats?

You could complain to your employer and they would be required to take action to stop threats in the workplace. That is because under Wisconsin law you are protected from adverse actions in the workplace due to discrimination against the use of a lawful product on your own time outside of the workplace. The gun is a lawful product and you OC outside of work on your own time. If your employer fails to take action to stop the threats you could file a complain with the WI Equal Rights Division.

Mlutz

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Mlutz wrote:
What sort of threats?

You could complain to your employer and they would be required to take action to stop threats in the workplace. That is because under Wisconsin law you are protected from adverse actions in the workplace due to discrimination against the use of a lawful product on your own time outside of the workplace. The gun is a lawful product and you OC outside of work on your own time. If your employer fails to take action to stop the threats you could file a complain with the WI Equal Rights Division.
Basically, he stated he would, "put me on the ground." Yep... real mature huh?

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I would have to ask them to explain why they are so rabid about someone legally wearing their firearm. The neighbors that I know around my house all have at least one gun (rifle or shotgun) and hunt. Only a few have handguns and they are strange about their handguns. I spoke with one of them a few days ago on my way back from the range and asked if she would like to go to the range the next time I go. She does want to go but won't take her gun. Strange? Another neighbor has her handgun in a safe in their garage surrounded by house junk. This neighbor told me it was safely tucked away so no one can get to it. I mentioned that neither could she if she needed it. So I don't understand these two neighbors of mine that have guns but are afraid to even see them. They see me every day wearing my Glock and have discussed it quite a few times. They are all for me exercising my right but do not want to be associated with me doing so.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Basically, he stated he would, "put me on the ground." Yep... real mature huh?

By what right and authority would he be able to do this? He would be arrested and charged with battery as a minimum. What kind of nut job is this guy?

scorpio_vette

imported post

@Mlutz-----mind if i ask what you do for work???

i would honestly ask them what it is that he thinks is so wrong about them that he "would take me down". find out what his train of taught regarding the whole thing is.

i used to work with a guy that hated me from day one. i mean we would scream and yell and swear at each other across the shop to the point that it nearly interfered with work. one day during lunch he was sitting in his truck and decided to approach him about it. turns out it was all a "misunderstanding". at the time i was a lot attendant, and he HATED lot attendants because they always got in his way. if they were washing a customers car, they wouldn't watch out for his work bay and spray water on cars that he was in the process of detailing, etc.etc..etc.. so he immediately treated me like every other lot attendant. after we talked, he actually stopped judging and started watching and realized that i was a good, hard and careful worker, and him and me ended up becoming friends.

who knows.......maybe you can change his mind. and if not......then let him "take you down", and he'll loose his job, and then you won't have a problem anymore. lol