Thread: SERPA Question

Post imported post

In the "Handgun Training" thread, people were talking about the SERPA.

I had one years ago that jammed closed when a pebble worked its way into the mechanism. I was able to pick the pebble out while maintaining gun safety.

Has the SERPA mechanism been redesigned to prevent debris from getting into the lock mechanism?
    Does anyone here actually believe that the Founders were sitting around in John Adams' tavern UNARMED because they believed a bar should be a gun free zone?

Post imported post

Why not ask the horse?
    cs@blackhawk.com

[line]
    Just for the record I hate theCQC serpa design, I dislike retention holsters for my own personal use.

Had one for awhile just couldn't warm up to it.
    I have a Safariland 6377 thatI practice daily but haven't warmed up it either, for now I'll stick with retention level ME.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Serpa is said to have closed the edge of this design years ago, shortly after it first came out. I'm told the old design (I've never seen one) had an opening on the trailing edge directly behind the release.. Blackhawk said they closed that to prevent any problems.

Mine are so tight that hardly more than dust could enter.

An instructor at a point shooting class in Culpeper went to show me where the fault/weakness was only to find it didn't exist. He was actually disappointed. :?

I've searched for a photo of the original open edge design and have not been able to find one. Perhaps someone else will be able to do so.

I did find these though - still functioned too.

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

It's good to see the company fixed the design to prevent release of the gun.
    Does anyone here actually believe that the Founders were sitting around in John Adams' tavern UNARMED because they believed a bar should be a gun free zone?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

230therapy wrote:
    It's good to see the company fixed the design to prevent release of the gun.
    Say what? It functioned fine - didn't jamb. released correctly, did scratch up the gun from all of the sand though.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.