• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SERPA Question

230therapy

imported post

In the "Handgun Training" thread, people were talking about the SERPA.

I had one years ago that jammed closed when a pebble worked its way into the mechanism. I was able to pick the pebble out while maintaining gun safety.

Has the SERPA mechanism been redesigned to prevent debris from getting into the lock mechanism?

Marco

imported post

Why not ask the horse?
cs@blackhawk.com

[line]
Just for the record I hate theCQC serpa design, I dislike retention holsters for my own personal use.

Had one for awhile just couldn't warm up to it.
I have a Safariland 6377 thatI practice daily but haven't warmed up it either, for now I'll stick with retention level ME.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Serpa is said to have closed the edge of this design years ago, shortly after it first came out. I'm told the old design (I've never seen one) had an opening on the trailing edge directly behind the release.. Blackhawk said they closed that to prevent any problems.

Mine are so tight that hardly more than dust could enter.

An instructor at a point shooting class in Culpeper went to show me where the fault/weakness was only to find it didn't exist. He was actually disappointed. :?

I've searched for a photo of the original open edge design and have not been able to find one. Perhaps someone else will be able to do so.

I did find these though - still functioned too.

Yata hey

0850.JPG

0851.JPG

0852.JPG

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

230therapy wrote:
It's good to see the company fixed the design to prevent release of the gun.
Say what? It functioned fine - didn't jamb. released correctly, did scratch up the gun from all of the sand though. :(

Yata hey