• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Positive Press AND true tale of self defense

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It's unbelieveable how deep in denial the gun control bunch are. No evidence that more guns in the hands of LAC has reduced ciolant crime? All you have to do is look at the FBI statistics by state and compare eh percapita violant crime in the states that have "shall issue" against the ones that are "may issue" or no issue.

I find it rather misleading when they never mention OC, too. Especially when you consider that 26 states don't require a permit for OC, some of which are "may issue" of CC permit states.

I'm also dissapointed that the focus is only on gun death crime and ignores the broader overall violant crime rates that have been reduced by LAC carrying defensive handguns. Of course, I'm not surprised that eh anti-gun groups only focus on gun violence. With them, it's always about the guns, to hell with all teh rest of the weapons used in violant crime. In my opinion, it proves they don't care about public safety near as much as what they claim.