• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SIGMA SW40F any thoughts?

Marc

imported post

Ok the sw40f and sw40ve are very similar they can interchange magazines but ive seen no posts on the sw40f is there a diff? does anyone know of probs with the f model that are diff from the ve?

Tazman2

marrero jeff

imported post

To be quite honest with you i have shot several sigma's, new, and have had bad experiences with all of them. they have bad triggers, they jam, and they arent made to the same standards as more prominent weapons. if the sigma is the price range youre in i'd recommend a ruger instead.

BreakingTheMold

imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
To be quite honest with you i have shot several sigma's, new, and have had bad experiences with all of them. they have bad triggers, they jam, and they arent made to the same standards as more prominent weapons. if the sigma is the price range youre in i'd recommend a ruger instead.

If you started shooting DA revolvers the sigma is a great transition gun ;).

I do still own my sw40ve, but i got a GREAT deal on it. But i've put atleast 3k rounds through her and there hasn't been any jams, FTF, or FTE's. Though i've known someone locally who always had problems due to limp wristing.

marrero jeff

imported post

well if you've put that many rounds through it with no malfunctions then i guess the ones i shot were just bad from the factory. although i can assure you, i wasnt limp wristing the pistol.

Broondog

imported post

i owned a Sigma SW9VE for a few years and never had a lick of trouble from it. granted it had a heavy trigger but that just meant that you really had to want to pull the trigger vs just giving it a twitch to set it off.

not a bad little pistol though. it ate everything i fed it and asked for more. reasonably accurate too.

ecocks

imported post

Still have my 9VE makes a great range housegun. That "heavy" trigger was nev acause for concern and, like many, I viewed it as a safety feature.It was my first carry and the only one I've ever pulled and dischargedwith a defensive need. I'm thinking of adding a couple more to my collection in .40 and 9mm but really wanted to gt the AF models which seem to have dried up in the lastfew months.

brokenbarrel

imported post

I do still own my sw40ve, but i got a GREAT deal on it. But i've put atleast 3k rounds through her and there hasn't been any jams, FTF, or FTE's. Though i've known someone locally who always had problems due to limp wristing.

+1000 or so,same here with mine she was also my carry when i did alarm responce in killerfornia...

Marc

imported post

okay ive found lots of good things on the 40ve but not much has been said about the 40f thats what i carry i'd like to know that i can trust it to always work, it was discontinued but i do know that was because Glock sued Smith&Wesson over the design and Glock won the lawsuit forcing S&W to quit making the 40f but i still dont know if it is as good as the 40ve that everyone seems to love

Broondog

imported post

Marc wrote:
okay ive found lots of good things on the 40ve but not much has been said about the 40f thats what i carry i'd like to know that i can trust it to always work, it was discontinued but i do know that was because Glock sued Smith&Wesson over the design and Glock won the lawsuit forcing S&W to quit making the 40f but i still dont know if it is as good as the 40ve that everyone seems to love
well, you could always put it to "the test". i once saw a thread, complete with LOTS of pics", from a guy intent on trying to get a 9VE to fail. 1000 rounds later (same day) it was still kicking, though his thumbs were quite sore from loading mags.

what i'm saying is basically take your 40F and shoot the hell out of it for a day to see if it fails. if you can find the time then put it down dirty and take it out again in a day or two. shoot the hell out of it again. if it gives you results that make YOU happy then that's all that matters in the end. yes, ammo can be quite costly but it's a small price to pay for your own peace of mind.

just remember, somewhere somebody is going to either love or hate your chosen firearm and either bash it or praise it. your opinion and/or experiences are the only ones that really matter......to you anyway.

shoot often and shoot well.