• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who wants to get together and shoot?

.45ACPaddy

imported post

I'm not a fan of range fees, so I try to get to Capitol Forest when I can. Anyone wanna organize a get together of some sort, or at least agree on a day where we decide we want to get out and enjoy the nice weather?

Maybe we can manage to get a couple of grills and some burgers and dogs going, and a cooler with beverages. B.Y.O.B. (Bring Your Own Bullets [and casings, powder, and primers])

I don't wanna set anything in stone right now, but rather get some feedback first, and use that feedback to come up with a plan.

Is two weeks enough notice? Three? A month? Two months?

I'm assuming weekends would be best. Which day of the weekend?

What time of day?

Starbucks afterward?

Aryk45XD

imported post

I wanted to head out to a pit or something free where I could try out my shooty and rifle. Probably looking at wekend after this one coming up. I know lots will be at the gun show this weekend. I'm in for wherever and Poosharker is coming whether he knows it or not. I need to find a nice place badly and mark it on my GPS.

massivedesign

imported post

Aryk45XD wrote:
I wanted to head out to a pit or something free where I could try out my shooty and rifle. Probably looking at wekend after this one coming up. I know lots will be at the gun show this weekend. I'm in for wherever and Poosharker is coming whether he knows it or not. I need to find a nice place badly and mark it on my GPS.

Waddell Creek is the place.. GPS coordinates on the pic.

amzbrady

imported post

massivedesign wrote:
Aryk45XD wrote:

Waddell Creek is the place.. GPS coordinates on the pic.
Can you camp there?

midiwall

imported post

Waddell Creek looks nice, but I'd love to find a place closer... Say, an hour's drive tops from the east side? All of the stuff I knew about is long closed (Monroe, Arlington, etc)

midiwall

midiwall

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
It'll be a long time before I go back to the pit to shoot.......

http://www.seattleguns.net/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13584
SeattleGuns requires you to be logged in to view threads. It's not my place to requote the whole post, so for those without an account, the short form is...

M1Gunr got hit by shrapnel while out at the Waddell Creek pit by someone shooting .223 short into the rocks. Later on, he was downrange fixing a target when another guy started shooting with a 12ga - claiming that he didn't see M1. M1 was wearing a bright red pullover.

Doesn't sound like a place where folks watch out for one-another.