Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going to Wausau? Friendiy to OC or not

Post imported post

I will be going to Green Bay on friday and will be stoping in Wausau . ??? are thay frendly to OC.

Post imported post

I live in the Wausau area and have never seen anybody open carry, although I don't get out that much. I open carry around my land, roads, etc, but have not had the "courage" to go to a store. Depending on where you go, you will have to watch out for all of the schools. 1000 ft away doesn't give you much room, so you would have to pick your spots carefully. I can't tell you if this is a OC friendly environment, but my guess is that OCn will cause a disturbance.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO-Wisconsin. If your nom-de-'net, 'Phred' is accurate, then a particular welcome to a warrior.

Post imported post

Well Doug, I am not a terrorist if that's what you meant

Banned

Post imported post

Phred was Doonesbury's archetypical post war VC. If you're not, fine.

Post imported post

phred wrote:
    Dougy can't even use plain english , Let me tell you about Dougy. First only a few people on this forum like him, to everyone else he is a high and mighty elite troll. Because of his years in the navy as an nuke engineer , now retired to his inner sanctum on Washington island. He really does think that he is better, wiser, etc, etc than all of us here. Dougy enjoys rubbing every ones face in his awesomeness.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Banned

Post imported post

I think Phred and I are understanding each other just fine. Thanks for your 'help' G-LOC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phred_(Doonesbury)
    Phred was a Viet-Cong guerilla (though he proudly referred to himself as a terrorist) who captured B.D.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-LOC

Most of us can withstand much more than 1G, but not K34 that's LOCed, screaming for Geezus in an elevator.

Banned

Post imported post

Ah yes, Little Dougy, our very own elitist troll.

Anyway, about the schools, remember, if you go to a store within 1000 of a school, chances are that store is private property, and you should be good to go. Don't quote me though, I'm not 100 percent sure about this.

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    I think Phred and I are understanding each other just fine. Thanks for your 'help' G-LOC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phred_(Doonesbury)
    Phred was a Viet-Cong guerilla (though he proudly referred to himself as a terrorist) who captured B.D.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-LOC

Most of us can withstand much more than 1G, but not K34 that's LOCed, screaming for Geezus in an elevator.
    Dougy is attempting to insult me while speaking in code again. This normally happens after dougy has consumed too much Isle of Jura & or Bombay Sapphire. Nothing else for an OLD MAN to do on Washington Island, but hit the sauce & troll on the internet.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Banned

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    Dougy can't even use plain english , Let me tell you about Dougy. First only a few people on this forum like him, to everyone else he is a high and mighty elite troll. Because of his years in the navy as an nuke engineer , now retired to his inner sanctum on Washington island. He really does think that he is better, wiser, etc, etc than all of us here. Dougy enjoys rubbing every ones face in his awesomeness.
    Uh, G-LOC, that's not my 'awesomeness' that you're rubbing YOUR face with. I'm just letting it all hang out and you think it's rope - here have some more.

Phred, I am a VN Era veteran though I can't admit ever being in the Pacific.

Oh, and I'm not on the Island, having just bought a bottle of Dr. Bombay at the Econo Foods across the street here in Sturgeon Bay.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/40781.html

Post imported post

I think Doug would be nice to you, if you were nice to him. Anyway back to OCn in Wausau. I don't think too many of the local population is interested or knowledgeable about the issue. OCn will be a new one for the police in this area.

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    Uh, G-LOC, that's not my 'awesomeness' that you're rubbing YOUR face with. I'm just letting it all hang out and you think it's rope - here have some more.

Oh, Phred, I am a VN Era veteran though I can't admit ever being in the Pacific.
    Soon Dougy will be telling everyone he was Military Intel, NSA or CIA during Nam....aint that right Company man ?? LOL oh wait, he can't admit it :? Let me guess you were also a goberment hit man too, right ? & tried to wack out Castro too, huh ?

Post imported post

phred wrote:
    I think Doug would be nice to you, if you were nice to him. Anyway back to OCn in Wausau. I don't think too many of the local population is interested or knowledgeable about the issue. OCn will be a new one for the police in this area.
    Sorry, new guy....NO one likes him on this forum but maybe 3-4 people..why because he is a TROLL & you will learn that. If your asking Doug where or where not to OC your asking the wrong guy, he only get's away from Washington Island when he needs to order more high end booze. Green Bay is fine to OC , stay 1000 feet away from school zones....Wausau ? Try it, see what happens...OC is legal not much the cops can do. remember the 1000 foot school zones.

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    phred wrote:
    Dougy can't even use plain English , Let me tell you about Dougy. First only a few people on this forum like him, to everyone else he is a high and mighty elite troll. Because of his years in the navy as an nuke engineer , now retired to his inner sanctum on Washington island. He really does think that he is better, wiser, etc, etc than all of us here. Dougy enjoys rubbing every ones face in his awesomeness.
    Hey Glock, although Dougy can be a pain in the A** every now and then and has waaaaaaay too much time on his hands, he has on occasion contributed some pretty interesting reading to the forum,WHEN he uses "Everyday English. You-know, maybe all those years around the Nukes might have fried his brainjust a bit...

otherwise you are correcthe is our resident

Banned

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    Soon Dougy will be telling everyone he was Military Intel, NSA or CIA during Nam....aint that right Company man ?? LOL oh wait, he can't admit it :? Let me guess you were also a goberment hit man too, right ? & tried to wack out Castro too, huh ?
    I was an enlisted, sub qualified nuke.

Interestingly, I had a Chief Test Engineer that was a 'swimmer' that decided to go nuke while getting a ride home on a sub. He had stories about the Cuban debacle.

But that's the advantage of being old, having more experience than shavetails can put the lie to.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/shavetail

Banned

Post imported post

Banned

Post imported post

Ok ok, we are feeding the troll too much troll bait today. Just be glad you aren't him, a sad, lonely, bitter man.

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    I was an enlisted, sub qualified nuke.

Interestingly, I had a Chief Test Engineer that was a 'swimmer' that decided to go nuke while getting a ride home on a sub. He had stories about the Cuban debacle.

But that's the advantage of being old, having more experience than shavetails can put the lie to.

Come on Doug, besides for Old Grump, (and maybe not even him)YOUR advantage is...

No ones been around long enough to know if some of your stories are BS or not... :P

Post imported post

Oh come on you guys, give Doug a break.

He toys with you and gets your goat because you let him (and because Al Johnson doesn't share his.) Grow your skin a little thicker.

I have never read anything from Doug that indicates that he believes that he is better than anyone. I mean, how could he?

The vanity of others offends our taste only when it offends our vanity. -- Nietzsche
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Banned

Post imported post

Thanks. I have to go to my meeting now. I've had a blast and not even turned on the stupid YouBoobTube

Afterwards ???? I'm having dinner at the neighborhood grill across the street. Unarmed.

Post imported post

Back OT...

I've carried at Gander Mountain and Barnes & Noble in the Wausau area with the only problem of a shotgun I wasn't planning on buying following me out of Gander. These stores aren't in Wausau proper though, but Rothschild and Rib Mountain respectively, close enough that people outside of the Wausau area think of them as Wausau anyway.
    That said, I can't comment on how the Wausau PD feel about things, but I haven't heard any complaints about them in the OC community yet either.

Post imported post

lance galloway wrote:
    Wausau . ??? are thay frendly to OC.
    Not friendly enough to remove their unenforceable ordinance:

"9.08.010 Discharging and carrying firearms and guns prohibited. (a) No person, except a sheriff, constable, police officer, or their deputies, shall fire or discharge any firearm, rifle, bow, arrow, spear, spring or air gun of any description within the city or have any firearm, rifle, spring or air gun in his possession or under his control unless it is unloaded and knocked down or enclosed within a carrying case or other suitable container..."
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

Thanks for that info Shotgun.

Post imported post

I have OC'd in Rib Moutain stores like Walmart and Gamestop with no trouble.Rib Mtis managed by the Sheriifs Dept and I have had no trouble OC. I have not OC'd downtown Wausau and would imagine you would at least get the cops called. I would love to OC downtown, but in that case would want support of others instead of being a lone wolf. Lets get a summeropencarry event there!Wausau has a great center square park that would make a great rally area. Its is basiclyin the center of the state for travel. Any support behind this? Also what would it take to get the city to repeal its ordinace that violates preemtion laws? Wausau also has a bike map that lists all the schools. The city square does not appear to be near any school.

http://www.co.marathon.wi.us/is/pln/...BikePedMap.pdf

I do want to point out how on this forum/thread someone asks a legit question and then the rest of the thread turns into mostly rubbish and off topic discussion usually by someone who likes to use big words and then abunchof people feed off him.Juststick to the topic please!

Banned

Post imported post

Elysium wrote:
    Also what would it take to get the city to repeal its ordinace that violates preemtion laws?
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/41074.html

Some of us aren't simple minded putzes with one dimensional lives.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast