• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going to Wausau? Friendiy to OC or not

phred

imported post

I live in the Wausau area and have never seen anybody open carry, although I don't get out that much. I open carry around my land, roads, etc, but have not had the "courage" to go to a store. Depending on where you go, you will have to watch out for all of the schools. 1000 ft away doesn't give you much room, so you would have to pick your spots carefully. I can't tell you if this is a OC friendly environment, but my guess is that OCn will cause a disturbance.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

phred wrote:
Well Doug, I am not a terrorist if that's what you meant
Dougy can't even use plain english , Let me tell you about Dougy. First only a few people on this forum like him, to everyone else he is a high and mighty elite troll. Because of his years in the navy as an nuke engineer , now retired to his inner sanctum on Washington island. He really does think that he is better, wiser, etc, etc than all of us here. Dougy enjoys rubbing every ones face in his awesomeness.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Ah yes, Little Dougy, our very own elitist troll.

Anyway, about the schools, remember, if you go to a store within 1000 of a school, chances are that store is private property, and you should be good to go. Don't quote me though, I'm not 100 percent sure about this.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
I think Phred and I are understanding each other just fine. Thanks for your 'help' G-LOC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phred_(Doonesbury)
Phred was a Viet-Cong guerilla (though he proudly referred to himself as a terrorist) who captured B.D.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-LOC

Most of us can withstand much more than 1G, but not K34 that's LOCed, screaming for Geezus in an elevator.
Dougy is attempting:lol::lol::lol::lol: to insult me while speaking in code:uhoh: again. This normally happens after dougy has consumed too much Isle of Jura & or Bombay Sapphire. Nothing else for an OLD MAN to do on Washington Island, but hit the sauce & troll on the internet.

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Dougy can't even use plain english , Let me tell you about Dougy. First only a few people on this forum like him, to everyone else he is a high and mighty elite troll. Because of his years in the navy as an nuke engineer , now retired to his inner sanctum on Washington island. He really does think that he is better, wiser, etc, etc than all of us here. Dougy enjoys rubbing every ones face in his awesomeness.
Uh, G-LOC, that's not my 'awesomeness' that you're rubbing YOUR face with. I'm just letting it all hang out and you think it's rope - here have some more.

Phred, I am a VN Era veteran though I can't admit ever being in the Pacific.

Oh, and I'm not on the Island, having just bought a bottle of Dr. Bombay at the Econo Foods across the street here in Sturgeon Bay.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/40781.html

phred

imported post

I think Doug would be nice to you, if you were nice to him. Anyway back to OCn in Wausau. I don't think too many of the local population is interested or knowledgeable about the issue. OCn will be a new one for the police in this area.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Uh, G-LOC, that's not my 'awesomeness' that you're rubbing YOUR face with. I'm just letting it all hang out and you think it's rope - here have some more.

Oh, Phred, I am a VN Era veteran though I can't admit ever being in the Pacific.
Soon Dougy will be telling everyone he was Military Intel, NSA or CIA during Nam....aint that right Company man ?? LOL oh wait, he can't admit it :? Let me guess you were also a goberment hit man too, right ? & tried to wack out Castro too, huh ? :lol:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

phred wrote:
I think Doug would be nice to you, if you were nice to him. Anyway back to OCn in Wausau. I don't think too many of the local population is interested or knowledgeable about the issue. OCn will be a new one for the police in this area.
Sorry, new guy:)....NO one likes him on this forum but maybe 3-4 people..why because he is a TROLL & you will learn that. If your asking Doug where or where not to OC your asking the wrong guy, he only get's away from Washington Island when he needs to order more high end booze. Green Bay is fine to OC , stay 1000 feet away from school zones....Wausau ? Try it, see what happens...OC is legal not much the cops can do. remember the 1000 foot school zones.

hunter9mm

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
phred wrote:
Well Doug, I am not a terrorist if that's what you meant
Dougy can't even use plain English , Let me tell you about Dougy. First only a few people on this forum like him, to everyone else he is a high and mighty elite troll. Because of his years in the navy as an nuke engineer , now retired to his inner sanctum on Washington island. He really does think that he is better, wiser, etc, etc than all of us here. Dougy enjoys rubbing every ones face in his awesomeness.

Hey Glock, although Dougy can be a pain in the A** every now and then and has waaaaaaay too much time on his hands, he has on occasion contributed some pretty interesting reading to the forum,WHEN he uses "Everyday English. You-know, maybe all those years around the Nukes might have fried his brainjust a bit...

otherwise you are correcthe is our resident
th_troll1.gif

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Soon Dougy will be telling everyone he was Military Intel, NSA or CIA during Nam....aint that right Company man ?? LOL oh wait, he can't admit it :? Let me guess you were also a goberment hit man too, right ? & tried to wack out Castro too, huh ? :lol:
I was an enlisted, sub qualified nuke.

Interestingly, I had a Chief Test Engineer that was a 'swimmer' that decided to go nuke while getting a ride home on a sub. He had stories about the Cuban debacle.

But that's the advantage of being old, having more experience than shavetails can put the lie to.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/shavetail

hunter9mm

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
I was an enlisted, sub qualified nuke.

Interestingly, I had a Chief Test Engineer that was a 'swimmer' that decided to go nuke while getting a ride home on a sub. He had stories about the Cuban debacle.

But that's the advantage of being old, having more experience than shavetails can put the lie to.

Come on Doug, besides for Old Grump, (and maybe not even him)YOUR advantage is...

No ones been around long enough to know if some of your stories are BS or not... :p

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Oh come on you guys, give Doug a break.

He toys with you and gets your goat because you let him (and because Al Johnson doesn't share his.) Grow your skin a little thicker.

I have never read anything from Doug that indicates that he believes that he is better than anyone. I mean, how could he?

The vanity of others offends our taste only when it offends our vanity. -- Nietzsche