• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun and knife show near Paducah, Ky.

Julabee Jones

imported post

Hey folks;

A gun and knife show is scheduled the weekend of April 17 and 18. The last show, a few weeks ago (which was also their first I believe) was VERY heavily attended, and being my first, was exceedingly enjoyable and interesting.

The show will take place at TRADER'S MALL, near Reidland, just off Highways 68 and I-24. Doors open at 9:00 a.m., $5.00 at the door, and tables cost $45.00.

All this information was taken from handbills I've seen in businesses hereabouts.

I'll be there. Last show, I saw two Glocks sell for $325.00 each, bought a Bersa Thunder for $225.00, and expect similar bargains this time.

I am and remain sincerelyyours,

Julabee Jones

Manzanita

imported post

The previous one at the Trader's Mall was on the last weekend of January. I was planning on going (I live in East Calloway Co. - about 40 miles from there) but when it snowed the night before I waved it off and went sledding instead.

I've already got the next one on my calendar and, barring a tornado or something, plan on being there... with my tax return... :cool:

Julabee Jones

imported post

Hey Manzanita;

I live in east Calloway County as well (Temple Hill, near Almo), and would enjoy meeting up with you there....

It was my first gun show, and it sure turned my head. I did buy a Bersa Thunder, a couple of holsters and some ammo for the .380.

I was both amazed at the good deals on the one hand, and on the other, the high prices of lots of items. I did see a pair of .50 caliber rifles, but they weren't impressive, running about 1500 bucks each.

There was a huge crowd, so you had to take your time getting around, but the place was just absolutely filled with guns and so forth. I expect to see these showscontinue, as I suspect they made more money at Trader's Mall that weekend than they've seen in a long time.

I sure could have used a few hundred more bucks!

JJ

Manzanita

imported post

Hey neighbor! I'm in the Center Ridge area, near the north shore of Blood River, right across Sugar Creek Bay from the Irvin Cobb Marina.

I'm looking forward to going. West of the Lakes area we don't seem to get too many good gun shows. Lots of pretty good gun stores but it's not like wandering around a gun related flea market. I'll probably bring along an FNP9 for trading fodder and be looking for any deals on a Sig and/or a pump action 12 to accessorize.

It'd be fun to meet a fellow gun nut who lives nearby but I'm not sure how we'd find each other at the show.

Julabee Jones

imported post

Hey Manzanita;

Yeah, I plan to hit the door pretty near opening bell, 9:00 a.m. I never thought about carrying trade goods, but I do have a pair of fairly special binoculars, a pair of 25X100's, which makes a perfect aid for target or range shooting. I might consider trading them for a good gun.

I'll be awfully discriminating in what or even whether I buy anything....I'm sort of saving for a new Benelli MR1. I've got a couple of Benelli Tactical shotguns I like a lot, so it's going to take something to turn my head enough to let go the bucks instead of keeping them in saving.

Of course, I sometimes feelthey invented the term 'impulse buying' for me specifically.

And as to getting together there, how about cell phones? Anyhow, we'll manage something....as I sure want to meet you and fellowship guns.

I did notice a good bit of open carry last time, and may carry open myself....though, to tell the truth, I like my concealed carry bag real good, especially if I'm toting my laptop as well.

Anyhow, have a good one and we'll catch you later!

JJ