• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When Autos Jam #1....And it's a GOOD Thing!

Wheelgunner

imported post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X14ID3zybSk

Video is an officer pulling over a DUI suspect. Walks to the window and gets blasted in the face. Shatters his jaw and teeth, pierces his neck and shatters his C1 Neck bone. Still he prevails.

Perps gun jams on first shot due to what appears to be a double feed. He then uses it to beat the officer, then tries for HIS gun.

May be one of the most astonishing videos I have ever seen.

killchain

imported post

Wheelgunner wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X14ID3zybSk

Video is an officer pulling over a DUI suspect. Walks to the window and gets blasted in the face. Shatters his jaw and teeth, pierces his neck and shatters his C1 Neck bone. Still he prevails.

Perps gun jams on first shot due to what appears to be a double feed. He then uses it to beat the officer, then tries for HIS gun.

May be one of the most astonishing videos I have ever seen.
Should have given that scumbag 63 years in the electric chair. :cuss:

amzbrady

imported post

I still do not understand in today's society and with allthe criminal activity that happens everyday, why, Police do not all have partners at all times. Although I myself would like to see a law making it so speakers would automatically blow up if cranked up to loud, esp when playing crappy music.

cscitney87

imported post

I'm glad the officer is okay.

As noted in the video narrative;
That being said, the officer pulled over the car for "loud stereo" and take a look around everybody.... Tell me what you see... I'll wait.

You see nothing; really. No houses, no lights, no other cars; nothing.

In my book there was Absolutely no reason to pull over the driver for a "loud to the officer" stereo which; duh!; is SUBJECT to the officers interpretation of what he believes is loud. Loud music is probably a measurable offense, like speeding, where there is a meter to measure the decibels or "loudness" of the offending noise. When properly following procedure, an officer can test the loudness with a device; or he can charge on hear-say and let the judge sort it out.

And did he later say he suspected the driver of DUI? What does DUI have to do with loud stereo?

So officer; did you pull him over for DUI or for loud stereo? Or exactly what were your motives for pulling over that car? I dare not mention the color of the driver's skin.

I'm glad the officer is okay, like I said; but I see the original intent as being potentially malicious or unbecoming of an officer; by law.

At what point do we allow officers to pull over grandpa for listening to the news broadcast to loud while his windows are down cruising the byway?

This wasn't a suburban street or even a busy city way; look at the video; homeboy was out in the middle of no where driving around had the windows down maybe the wind blowing in your face the music turned up to clearly hear every word and detail and ping and bang. I get it.

I think it's not okay if the officer pulls over the guy for loud music given the situation. To interject suspicion of being under the influence of alcohol; that's another thing all together. Which is it, guy? DUI or loud music? Huh!! Huh!! Both?

antispam540

imported post

Loud music is not illegal unless it violates a city's noise ordinances. It has to be pretty darn loud to do that. I know this because I have a nice big subwoofer in my trunk, because it's cheaper than paying for a massage every day.

amzbrady

imported post

It is obvious by what the video says if you are paying attention that he pulled the guy over for loud music, and when the guy stopped, he stopped only half off the road witch then, made the officer think maybe DUI.

Just another stupid criminal drawing attention to himself. Bad the cop got shot, but good that another criminal is off the street.

cscitney87

imported post

On that logic alone.. He didn't pull over far enough for the officers satisfaction... that's ******* stupid to automatically say OH DUI DUI DUI

It's unfounded. Very unfounded. He MUST be drunk because he only pulled over this much and not that much.

Wheelgunner

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
On that logic alone.. He didn't pull over far enough for the officers satisfaction... that's @#$%ing stupid to automatically say OH DUI DUI DUI

It's unfounded. Very unfounded. He MUST be drunk because he only pulled over this much and not that much.

I think they cover the amount you have to pull over in Driver's Ed. Maybe he was being provocative.

I guess he could have filed a complaint for being stopped for no reason, but instead he decided to blast the cop. Maybe he was trying to get pulled over so he could blast a cop. Maybe his driving triggered the officers instincts, being a felon in possession of a handgun and all.

The point is he was a scum murder would would have blasted YOU for your wallet.

Tomas

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
Loud music is not illegal unless it violates a city's noise ordinances. It has to be pretty darn loud to do that. I know this because I have a nice big subwoofer in my trunk, because it's cheaper than paying for a massage every day.
Depends on the city...

In Tacoma, for example, if an officer can hear your car's sound system from 50 feet away he can nail you - no warnings, just an instant ticket.

Music from instruments, stereos, or car stereos that is plainly audible 50 feet from the source, or any sound that is plainly audiblewithin any dwelling unit that is not the source of the sound, is prohibited.

See: http://www.cityoftacoma.org/Page.aspx?hid=8852

killchain

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
[...]
And did he later say he suspected the driver of DUI? What does DUI have to do with loud stereo?
[...]
Because the driver wouldn't comply with his request to get farther over to the shoulder. He stopped halfway in the road. I would have made the same assumption.

killchain

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
On that logic alone.. He didn't pull over far enough for the officers satisfaction... that's @#$%ing stupid to automatically say OH DUI DUI DUI

You're not one of those "ABOLISH THE DUI LAWS" guys are you?

And holy crap. A white cop pulls over a black civilian. It MUST be racism. Not because the cop happens to be white and the driver happens to be black. -_-

cscitney87

imported post

killchain wrote:
cscitney87 wrote:

And holy crap. A white cop pulls over a black civilian. It MUST be racism. Not because the cop happens to be white and the driver happens to be black. -_-
I am Not an "Abolish DUI Laws" guy. I had one and learned my lesson.

I understand if the guy is swerving, speeding, driving way to slow, or crashed; but homeboy simply didn't pull over far enough to satisfy the officer's request- which is no indication of a drunk driver.

No indication.

I am a white male, young, and understand racism well being born and raised in Detroit, Michigan. It doesn't HAVE to be racist because the driver was black or white; I never said it was. Reread my post; please, to verify.

Don't be stupid and relate DUI and "not pulling far enough over"

Plenty of us have not pulled far enough over the first time. Duh!

And the original stop for "loud music" was still 100% Bull Crap given his location, proximity to other people, and his environment. Nobody gets a Loud Music ticket driving 20 miles into the Styx with no traffic in sight and no houses to the sides.

Look around; the stop occurred Not in a busy intersection, Not in a busy subdivision, Not on a busy downtown alleyway, Not nowhere that music could bother anybody. The cop drove down the highway, passed the driver going the opposite direction, noted the music and WANTED to stop the driver. He had no legal obligation to stop that driver for what he thought was music being played to loudly.

Instead.. somebody got hurt. And it could have been avoided.

I'm glad the officer is okay and the bad guy is off the street.

cscitney87

imported post

and DUH!!! Doesn't anyone here get it!???? Pulling somebody over for Loud Music while driving through the middle of nowhere is the same bull crap that gets Open Carriers stopped for Open Carrying when it's legal to do so.

It's the same behavior and thought process. The loud music wasn't hurting anybody; neither is lawful OC; and officers feel the need to investigate! "Investigate" anything they feel they want to; not that they Need to, by law.

This officers behavior, in the video; to me, shows the same tactic used to justify stopping OCers- when taking everything into consideration; loud music wasn't hurting anybody- same with OC- but it catches the attention of LEO and 99% of them will want to "investigate"

Duh! that's my whole point. Needless police interaction.

killchain

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
killchain wrote:
cscitney87 wrote:

[...]

Look around; the stop occurred Not in a busy intersection, Not in a busy subdivision, Not on a busy downtown alleyway, Not nowhere that music could bother anybody. The cop drove down the highway, passed the driver going the opposite direction, noted the music and WANTED to stop the driver. He had no legal obligation to stop that driver for what he thought was music being played to loudly.

Instead.. somebody got hurt. And it could have been avoided.

I'm glad the officer is okay and the bad guy is off the street.
So you're saying that cops shouldn't enforce the laws for their own safety? Isn't that his job, to enforce the laws?

I guess when your home is invaded the police shouldn't come in and help you "for their own safety." THey wouldn't want to do something crazy like stop the perpetrator, that might get them hurt.

I'm fairly certain that area he was in had some sort of noise ordinance. Couple that with superhappyfuntime editing of the police tape to make it juicy cut for TV and there's your answer right there.

Aren't police stations and Sheriff's departments mandated by the local governments to enforce the laws?

"Police power describes the basic right of governments to make laws and regulations for the benefit of their communities."*

One interesting thing of note is roughly 70% of a police officer's job has nothing to do with the power delegated to him. Like settling shouting matches between fighting couples and the silly things you see on Cops like clearing birds out of a chimney. I don't remember the exact term, but it's a "getting tight with the community" behavior.

*: http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Police+Power

cscitney87

imported post

killchain wrote:
cscitney87 wrote:
killchain wrote:
cscitney87 wrote:

So you're saying that cops shouldn't enforce the laws for their own safety? Isn't that his job, to enforce the laws?

I guess when your home is invaded the police shouldn't come in and help you "for their own safety." THey wouldn't want to do something crazy like stop the perpetrator, that might get them hurt
lmao you're hilarious! Really funny one; I needed that! :lol:

Hyperbole; here's your source link.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

DEROS72

imported post

Under no circumstances shoulod I be able to hear the slightest sound from someone elses stereo.Sameway in the apt's I live in.I helped management get someone thrown out because of loud music.Don't need to here others loud music or parties etc.Put on headphones or get a place on the corner of No and Where.

cscitney87

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Under no circumstances shoulod I be able to hear the slightest sound from someone elses stereo.Sameway in the apt's I live in.I helped management get someone thrown out because of loud music.Don't need to here others loud music or parties etc.Put on headphones or get a place on the corner of No and Where.
Cool story bro.