Thread: Why is Bev Perdue speaking at the NRA convention?

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

I just got my RSVP paperwork from the NRA yesterday. Looking at the list of speakers for the convention, apparently Bev Perdue is listed as one of the speakers for the Friday event. Is this a sign of a change of ideology on her part? It just seems a little out of place, with her being known for being pro-gun-control.

Thoughts?
    Carry on!

Post imported post

But, but, but..... her husband is a hunter safety instructor and she own's guns. Seems a bit odd to me. Regardless of what she says, there is a huge disconnect between her mouth and her actions. So non of it matters.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

It's the NRA and Bev Perdue is pro-gun just not pro-gun-without-ANY-restrictions.

The NRA is like the pro-gun lobbyist-bum on the street corner with the sign that reads "Will Compromise Values for Some Leeway".* So be it, that's politics.

Don't get me wrong, the NRA is a noble organization, they have done a lot and I appreciate their fight but in the end, they are a lobby group.* It is comprised of people that like open carrying and hate open carrying.* They are comprised of people that think you shouldn't hunt with an SKS, AK-47, or low end AR-15 and it is comprised of people that can only afford those guns.* They aren't homogenous and therefore are subject to willing, dealing, and getting people that want some level of restrictions in place to come speak at their conference.* Perhaps it is a show of good will to Bev Perdue.* Regardless of the intention, I am not surprised.* For all we know this could turn out to be a bad situation for the NRA and it's constituents as if it were locked in a phone booth scratching a cheetah's butt...

Post imported post

chiefjason wrote:
    But, but, but..... her husband is a hunter safety instructor and she own's guns. Seems a bit odd to me. Regardless of what she says, there is a huge disconnect between her mouth and her actions. So non of it matters.
    Bingo.
    Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

Post imported post

It is not her stance on the 2A that is the issue.............. she is very much in favor of people spending money in NC, and that is what this is really about in her mind.

Post imported post

Scrub wrote:
    It is not her stance on the 2A that is the issue.............. she is very much in favor of people spending money in NC, and that is what this about in her mind.*
    She doesn't care about NC, or else she wouldn't have screwed education the way she has.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Heh, honestly, education got screwed before she ever got in office... I grew up in in the school system as itwas transitioning into it's moment of failure, got out before it really hit the fan...

Teachers were devalued long ago, what is going on now is merely a projection of that complacency...

Post imported post

Yea my wife and several of her teacher friends all quit last year.

Post imported post

SMW wrote:
    Scrub wrote:
    It is not her stance on the 2A that is the issue.............. she is very much in favor of people spending money in NC, and that is what this about in her mind.
    She doesn't care about NC, or else she wouldn't have screwed education the way she has.
    Nor would she have cut the salaries of ALL state employees by 0.5%, I wonder if she cut hers?????? Probably not.

Post imported post

She also put an education manager (given the title of CEO) Bill Harrison, in place over the elected official June St. Clair Atkinson, who had that job and was elected by the people. That education manager made 265k a year in a position that was dubious to enable.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5528101/

Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

Post imported post

Sig45man wrote:
    SMW wrote:
    Scrub wrote:
    It is not her stance on the 2A that is the issue.............. she is very much in favor of people spending money in NC, and that is what this about in her mind.*
    Nor would she have cut the salaries of ALL state employees by 0.5%,** I wonder if she cut hers??????** Probably not.
    She hasn't cut her own, but she does have a million dollars missing from the budget.

Post imported post

What is her stance ona Castle Doctrine for N.C.?