• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why is Bev Perdue speaking at the NRA convention?

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
imported post

I just got my RSVP paperwork from the NRA yesterday. Looking at the list of speakers for the convention, apparently Bev Perdue is listed as one of the speakers for the Friday event. Is this a sign of a change of ideology on her part? It just seems a little out of place, with her being known for being pro-gun-control.

Thoughts?

chiefjason

imported post

But, but, but..... her husband is a hunter safety instructor and she own's guns. :dude: Seems a bit odd to me. Regardless of what she says, there is a huge disconnect between her mouth and her actions. So non of it matters.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It's the NRA and Bev Perdue is pro-gun just not pro-gun-without-ANY-restrictions.

The NRA is like the pro-gun lobbyist-bum on the street corner with the sign that reads "Will Compromise Values for Some Leeway".  So be it, that's politics.

Don't get me wrong, the NRA is a noble organization, they have done a lot and I appreciate their fight but in the end, they are a lobby group.  It is comprised of people that like open carrying and hate open carrying.  They are comprised of people that think you shouldn't hunt with an SKS, AK-47, or low end AR-15 and it is comprised of people that can only afford those guns.  They aren't homogenous and therefore are subject to willing, dealing, and getting people that want some level of restrictions in place to come speak at their conference.  Perhaps it is a show of good will to Bev Perdue.  Regardless of the intention, I am not surprised.  For all we know this could turn out to be a bad situation for the NRA and it's constituents as if it were locked in a phone booth scratching a cheetah's butt...

Scrub

imported post

It is not her stance on the 2A that is the issue.............. she is very much in favor of people spending money in NC, and that is what this is really about in her mind. :cuss:

SMW

imported post

Scrub wrote:
It is not her stance on the 2A that is the issue.............. she is very much in favor of people spending money in NC, and that is what this about in her mind.  :cuss:

She doesn't care about NC, or else she wouldn't have screwed education the way she has.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Heh, honestly, education got screwed before she ever got in office... I grew up in in the school system as itwas transitioning into it's moment of failure, got out before it really hit the fan...

Teachers were devalued long ago, what is going on now is merely a projection of that complacency...

Sig45man

imported post

SMW wrote:
Scrub wrote:
It is not her stance on the 2A that is the issue.............. she is very much in favor of people spending money in NC, and that is what this about in her mind. :cuss:

She doesn't care about NC, or else she wouldn't have screwed education the way she has.
Nor would she have cut the salaries of ALL state employees by 0.5%, I wonder if she cut hers?????? Probably not.

SMW

imported post

Sig45man wrote:
SMW wrote:
Scrub wrote:
It is not her stance on the 2A that is the issue.............. she is very much in favor of people spending money in NC, and that is what this about in her mind.  :cuss:

Nor would she have cut the salaries of ALL state employees by 0.5%,   I wonder if she cut hers??????   Probably not.

She hasn't cut her own, but she does have a million dollars missing from the budget.