• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need clarification on the federal carry laws

PDinDetroit

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:
This is whats screwing with me.When I read the laws, my head turns to mush.
That's because laws are written by lawyers, so that only lawyers can figure them out.

We need to kick all the lawyers out of Congress and the state legislatures and have the laws re-done by laymen so that everyone can understand them. Yeah, like that will ever happen. :banghead:
I wrote the MI House Of Representatives Members last year about some of the wording of a bill. They took that suggestion to heart, even if the bills have not yet been passed.

Zukirider

imported post

So this is a little offrom theOP but what about other school grounds besides the parking lot I.E. playgrounds sports fields? i take my godkids to the school at the end of my roadto playthey dont attend the school yet but it is open for the public to use the playground i havent carried there yet but i would like to with the amount of stranger danger issues that keep popping up

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Zukirider wrote:
So this is a little offrom theOP but what about other school grounds besides the parking lot I.E. playgrounds sports fields? i take my godkids to the school at the end of my roadto playthey dont attend the school yet but it is open for the public to use the playground i havent carried there yet but i would like to with the amount of stranger danger issues that keep popping up
If you have a CPL you can OC there, but can not conceal carry any place other than a parking lot.

Zukirider

imported post

even though my kids dont go to the school im still allowed to OC? i thought only if your child or child you are a legal guardian to was a student at that school i maybe incorect on that though

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Zukirider wrote:
even though my kids dont go to the school im still allowed to OC? i thought only if your child or child you are a legal guardian to was a student at that school i maybe incorect on that though
If you have a CPL you can OC in or on any public K-12 school.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:
This is whats screwing with me.When I read the laws, my head turns to mush.
That's because laws are written by lawyers, so that only lawyers can figure them out.

We need to kick all the lawyers out of Congress and the state legislatures and have the laws re-done by laymen so that everyone can understand them. Yeah, like that will ever happen. :banghead:

I spoke face to face with my state representative Eileen Kowall about this, and she said specifically that the problem is being worked on. They are trying to make them write laws so that we the people can understand them.

She is also actively pro 2A.